• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ordering a Sample Package: Overcoming Obstacles & Finding an Alternative

In summary, a new consultant fears that their PC debit card information may be hacked while on vacation because of the unsecured wi-fi network.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
OK, I know I've been a consultant for a few years but believe it or not, this is the first time I ever wanted to order a sample package.

I was going to do it before I left for this trip but I said, "With free wi-fi on my vacation, why don't I do it on Friday when my check comes in."

Then my car broke down on the day I left so I wanted to wait for a diagnosis. First mechanic gave me bad news ... so I had the car towed to Helpful Mechanic, who debunked the first shop's diagnosis and fixed it!

And meanwhile, this cabin's wi-fi is spotty to say the least! It keeps dropping the connection and I will copy and post this to make sure I don't lose my work!

With this spotty, UNSECURED network, I'm afraid it will a) drop the connection mid-stream or b) my debit card information may be seen by a hacker on vacation!

So ... can we put in orders on Saturday? Or by phone? I'm REALLy scared to place an order before I get home Saturday night!

No, it has to be through P3 or CC by midnight central tomorrow night.

Hmmm, I don't think you have to order it by Sept. 30. You can order it any time through the saeson. But, you do have to be active to order a sample package.

There was a thread about that - maybe a year ago? I wish I could find it for you. I have ordered sample packages beyond the first month of them being available. Somebody else did, too; they posted about it in that thread that I can't find.

Anyway. What can a hacker do with your PC debit card information? It only works for PC purchases. Unless you're talking about your BANK debit card, in which case, no, I would not submit on an unsecured network.

The back of the Sample Product order form states that the sample packages are only available through Sept 30, 2011. It's only for new consultants that they are available beyond that time frame; for 6 weeks after their agreement is received or Feb 1st, whichever is sooner.

Consultants can only order samples until Sept 30 (March 30 for the spring samples). It's been that way for like forever. A NEW consultant can order them for the first six weeks they have their business so, yes, some can order them into the season but not those who have been consultants. We had two months to decide.I agree that there's no issue about your PC debit card being hacked. Is there a coffee shop, McDonalds, Wendy's, any wi-fi hub anywhere near you? Unless you're in the middle of no where there should be some place... You could also call another trusted consultant and have her put you on as a user on her P3 and send it in for you. That would mean sharing your password and card # but it's a solution.

Consultants Corner says:

Ordering Fall/Winter Samples
(available through Sept. 30, 2011)

A new consultant may order samples for six weeks after their signing date:

New Consultants (Agreements received after Aug. 1, 2011)
Sample packages are offered to new Consultants for six weeks after the Independent Consultant Agreement is received, or until Feb. 1, 2012, whichever is sooner.

I really am in the middle of nowhere ... and I am not driving on this trip! Bestie would surely let me use her car ... but the wi fi would be no more secure than it is here!

I'm not sure the PC debit card made it in the travel purse ... I thought I could use my regular debit card.

Anyway, I think I am going to try what you suggested and call "another trusted consultant" - namely my recruiter - and ask her to place the order for me. I would rather give her my password and card number than transmit it over this unsecured connection that could drop at any time. Like it just did!

Hi there! I completely understand your concerns and I'm so sorry to hear about the obstacles you've faced while trying to order a sample package. It can definitely be frustrating when things don't go as planned, especially when you're on vacation. Rest assured, there are a few alternatives we can explore to ensure your order is placed safely and securely. One option is to place your order over the phone with our customer service team. They are available from Monday to Saturday and can assist you with placing your order and answering any questions you may have.Another option is to wait until you return home on Saturday night to place your order. We want you to feel comfortable and confident when making a purchase, so please don't hesitate to reach out to us and we can work together to find the best solution for you. Thank you for your understanding and we appreciate your loyalty as a consultant. Have a great vacation!

1. How can I order a sample package?

To order a sample package, you can either contact a Pampered Chef consultant or visit our website and select the sample package you would like to purchase.

2. What if I am having trouble ordering a sample package?

If you are having trouble ordering a sample package, please reach out to a Pampered Chef consultant for assistance. They can walk you through the ordering process and help you find the perfect package for your needs.

3. Can I customize my sample package?

At this time, our sample packages are pre-selected and cannot be customized. However, we offer a variety of packages to choose from to fit your specific needs and budget.

4. How long does it take for a sample package to arrive?

The delivery time for sample packages can vary depending on your location. Generally, it takes 7-10 business days for a package to arrive. If you have not received your package within this timeframe, please contact your consultant for assistance.

5. Is there an alternative to ordering a sample package?

If you are unable to order a sample package, you can attend a Pampered Chef party or cooking show to see our products in action. You can also browse our website to view product demonstrations and reviews from other customers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • Swirl
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Swirl
Replies