• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Same Zip, Dif County and Tax Rates? Ppp/Pws

In summary, the content says that the computer program for setting the food tax rate on PWS is wrong. There is another zip code in the same county with a different tax rate.
ChefetteDuJour
Gold Member
I'm running into this problem again that hung me up on my last show.
I entered the zip code and the correct county on my show set-up for PWS. It listed the tax as 6.0% product / 0% food which is wrong.
But it SHOULD be 6 product / 2 food. There is *another* county in that same zip that has 7% product / 2% food. Is that why it defaults to 0%?

I can set it manually on PPP, but how do you change it on the show set up for the website? It shouldn't be a problem except for web orders, I think? I can't find an option on the show setup to correct it.
I ended up picking up some food tax myself last time due to this oversight and I'm not keen on doing it again.

Thanks for any insight you can provide. I got a bad H.O. tech advice on the last show ... it seemed to be a canned answer that didn't fix the problem - so am not keen on calling them as a first resort.

We can't manually change it on our PWS but the order amount will adjust when it merges into PP3 and you have the correct tax rates there. HTH

Does it work if you set the show up in P3 first with the manually set tax rate and then sync to your PWS? Try that - if not, you'll have to call tech support again. They are usually really good, maybe you got someone on a bad day. :)

I've had similar problems. HO wasn't much help. My problem is that when I put in my home address, it shows up to be in a different county. When I put the city name in (we live out in the country) then the tax rate is higher, but if I put the name of the little community out here as the City name, then the tax is right, but the county is wrong...... I have just defaulted to having the wrong county since it is the right tax rate. I have tried to fix it, and have talked to HO about it, with no solution, but I don't want to have to pay higher taxes b/c the computer program is faulty..... KWIM.

Thanks, everyone. I haven't tried the sync yet but will report as I get closer to the show. At least I'm not the only one.

1. What is the difference between a zip code and a county?

A zip code is a five-digit code used by the United States Postal Service to identify a specific geographic area for mail delivery. A county, on the other hand, is a larger administrative division typically used for local government and political purposes.

2. How can the same zip code have different counties and tax rates?

Zip codes are assigned based on geographic boundaries, while counties are determined by political and administrative boundaries. This means that a single zip code can fall within multiple counties, each with their own tax rates.

3. What is the significance of "Ppp/Pws" in the phrase "Same Zip, Dif County and Tax Rates? Ppp/Pws"?

"Ppp/Pws" refers to the types of public services provided in a particular county. Ppp stands for "public power provider" and indicates that the county has a publicly-owned power utility, while Pws stands for "public water system" and indicates that the county has a publicly-owned water supply system.

4. How do different counties affect tax rates?

Each county has its own local government and administrative costs, which are funded by taxes. This means that counties with higher expenses or more services may have higher tax rates compared to others in the same zip code.

5. Why is it important to understand the tax rates for different counties within the same zip code?

Understanding the tax rates for different counties within the same zip code can help individuals and businesses accurately budget and plan for expenses. It is also important for determining the cost of living and potential tax implications when moving to a new area.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• RCKmom
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
RCKmom
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • ltricarico
  • General Chat
Replies