• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Stop Salt Grinder Rusting | Find Solutions for Rusty Rods Here

In summary, the person's grinder was getting rusty from the salt buildup and one of the screws fell out.
Triciascucina
Anyone else have the rod in the salt grinder rusting? :yuck:

No, mine is fine. Wait, let me go look........................OK, I just looked. I thought I saw rust but it was just the darker minerals stuck in the grinding area. I brushed the area with a DRY Easy Clean Kitchen Brush. Some spots are starting but not sure if it is rust or just discoloration.

I had a customer who sent one back because it was rusting...

YES!!! I do... what to do?

Not rusting but cracked and the grinding mechanism was falling out (as well as a LOT of salt!)...am sending mine back for replacement.

I haven't looked for any rust (will have to do that), but I did have one of the tiny screws fall out from the bottom of the finial. It was getting caught in the grinder.

I have a customer that is happening to so i looked at mine. yikes. I guess I will call see what the rust is from.

I was just refilling mine the other day and noticed rust on the screws that go into the bamboo part of the grinder. The rod was fine though.

the rust is from the salt itself. i made my kids a "treasure bottle" which is little items in an old gatorade bottle filled with salt. they shake it & "discover" what's buried. anyways, i have a baby spoon in there & it's TOTALLY rusted! and it only took a few months to get that way.

Hmmmm ....I stopped using my grinder for salt. I like a coarse grind of pepper but I like my salt to be more fine. When I use it for salt, way too much of it comes out. I use my old grinder for that and reserve the bamboo one for pepper.

What causes the salt grinder rods to rust?

The main cause of rust on salt grinder rods is exposure to moisture. When the grinder is used, small amounts of salt can get trapped in the crevices of the rods, attracting moisture and leading to rust formation.

How can I prevent my salt grinder rods from rusting?

To prevent rust, it is important to keep the salt grinder in a dry location and clean it regularly. After use, make sure to wipe down the rods with a dry cloth and store the grinder in a dry place. You can also try using a moisture-absorbing packet, like the ones found in food packaging, to keep the grinder dry.

What are some solutions for removing rust from salt grinder rods?

If your salt grinder rods have already started to rust, there are a few solutions you can try. One option is to use a mixture of equal parts vinegar and water to scrub the rust off. You can also try using a rust remover product specifically designed for kitchen items.

Can I use any type of salt in my salt grinder?

It is best to use a dry, coarse salt in your salt grinder to avoid clumping and potential rusting. Sea salt and kosher salt are good options, but make sure to check the instructions on your grinder to see if there are any specific recommendations.

What should I do if the rust on my salt grinder rods is affecting the taste of my salt?

If the rust on your salt grinder rods is affecting the taste of your salt, it is best to replace the rods or the entire grinder. In the meantime, you can try using a different type of salt or grinding the salt by hand using a mortar and pestle until you can get a replacement.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Deborah Helser
  • PamperedDor
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • KellyM
  • Buy Pampered Chef Items
Replies