• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Salt Grinder rusting

Triciascucina

Mar 28, 2007
Anyone else have the rod in the salt grinder rusting? :yuck:

DessertDivaFL

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Jun 2, 2008
No, mine is fine. Wait, let me go look........................OK, I just looked. I thought I saw rust but it was just the darker minerals stuck in the grinding area. I brushed the area with a DRY Easy Clean Kitchen Brush. Some spots are starting but not sure if it is rust or just discoloration.

Aug 2, 2009
I had a customer who sent one back because it was rusting...

PamperedDor

Gold Member
Jan 11, 2008
YES!!! I do... what to do?

Chefstover2

Advanced Member
Jan 7, 2007
Not rusting but cracked and the grinding mechanism was falling out (as well as a LOT of salt!)...am sending mine back for replacement.

esavvymom

Legend Member
Staff member
Sep 8, 2008
I haven't looked for any rust (will have to do that), but I did have one of the tiny screws fall out from the bottom of the finial. It was getting caught in the grinder.

Triciascucina

Mar 28, 2007
I have a customer that is happening to so i looked at mine. yikes. I guess I will call see what the rust is from.

elizabethfox

Advanced Member
Gold Member
Nov 14, 2007
I was just refilling mine the other day and noticed rust on the screws that go into the bamboo part of the grinder. The rod was fine though.

kristina16marie

Advanced Member
Gold Member
Apr 15, 2009
the rust is from the salt itself. i made my kids a "treasure bottle" which is little items in an old gatorade bottle filled with salt. they shake it & "discover" what's buried. anyways, i have a baby spoon in there & it's TOTALLY rusted! and it only took a few months to get that way.

Intrepid_Chef

Legend Member
Silver Member
Nov 6, 2007
Hmmmm ....

I stopped using my grinder for salt. I like a coarse grind of pepper but I like my salt to be more fine. When I use it for salt, way too much of it comes out. I use my old grinder for that and reserve the bamboo one for pepper.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Deborah Helser
Replies
Views
jcsmilez
Replies
Views