• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Salsa Show: Basic Recipe without Southwest Seasoning

In summary, to make the basic salsa recipe without Southwest seasoning, you will need 4 medium-sized tomatoes, 1 small red onion, 1 jalapeno pepper, 1 lime, 1 clove of garlic, and salt and pepper to taste. While fresh tomatoes are recommended, canned tomatoes can be used in a pinch if drained well. The spiciness of the salsa can be adjusted by adding more or less jalapeno pepper, and it can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days. Other ingredients such as cilantro, corn, black beans, or mango can also be added to customize the salsa.
mirandalea
I want to do a salsa show for my SIL. Does anyone have a good, basic salsa recipe? I don't have the southwest seasoning (no time to order) but I just want a recipe for great salsa that shows off a lot of products. Any help would be appreciated.

Your basic Salsa....

Tomatoes
Onions
Red Peppers
Jalepeno ( if you want pico)
Cilantro or Corriander
Salt
Pepper
Garlic

Chop tomatoes using knife, Onions & Red Pepper in Food Chopper, snip Cilantro with the Shears, Garlic with Press. Put it all in an SA Bowl & refridgerate. :cool:

Here is a basic salsa recipe that you can easily make at home:Ingredients:- 4 large tomatoes, diced- 1 small red onion, diced- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped- Juice of 1 lime- Salt and pepper to tasteInstructions:1. In a large bowl, combine the diced tomatoes, red onion, jalapeno pepper, and cilantro.2. Squeeze the lime juice over the mixture and stir to combine.3. Season with salt and pepper to taste.4. Allow the salsa to sit for at least 10 minutes before serving to allow the flavors to meld together.5. Serve with tortilla chips or use as a topping for tacos, burritos, or grilled meats.If you want to add more products to the salsa, you can also try adding diced avocado, corn, black beans, or mango for a more colorful and flavorful salsa. Just make sure to adjust the seasoning accordingly. Enjoy!

1. What ingredients do I need for the basic salsa recipe?

To make the basic salsa recipe without Southwest seasoning, you will need:

• 4 medium-sized tomatoes
  • 1 small red onion
  • 1 jalapeno pepper
  • 1 lime
  • 1 clove of garlic
  • Salt and pepper to taste

2. Can I use canned tomatoes for this recipe?

While fresh tomatoes are recommended for the best flavor, you can use canned tomatoes in a pinch. Just make sure to drain them well before using in the salsa.

3. How do I adjust the spiciness of the salsa?

The heat level of the salsa can be adjusted by adding more or less jalapeno pepper. For a milder salsa, remove the seeds and membrane from the jalapeno before chopping. For a spicier salsa, leave the seeds and membrane in and add an extra pepper.

4. How long will this salsa keep in the fridge?

This basic salsa recipe can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. After that, the texture and flavor may start to change and it is best to make a fresh batch.

5. Can I add other ingredients to this basic salsa recipe?

Absolutely! Feel free to add in additional ingredients like cilantro, corn, black beans, or mango to customize the salsa to your liking. Just be sure to chop the ingredients into small, uniform pieces so they mix well with the other ingredients.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Mommy2amo
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • jabis68
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
NewbyPChef
  • EymieFitz