• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Trying the Pass Around Salsa - SW Seasoning or No? Opinions Wanted!

Salad Choppers to chop and pass around the ingredients, resulting in a delicious salsa that is perfect for parties and gatherings. There are two versions of the recipe, one using Southwest seasoning and one without. Both versions are equally delicious and easy to make. It's a great way to showcase and sell Pampered Chef products at shows.
jross93
OK....I haven't ever done the pass around salsa, but I have an upcoming show where I'd like to try it. I've searched the old posts here, and I have a question. I saw 2 different versions of the pass around salsa - one that uses the SW seasoning and one that doesn't. All the other ingredients are exactly the same. Has anyone tried it both ways? Which do you prefer?
Thanks!
Jen

I'm curious what is "pass around salsa"?

it was in the catalog spring summer 2007? or 2008?

I do the pineapple salsa in the season's best right now....show off the wedger then add the pineapple to the rest and use the salad choppers and pass it around...when it comes back around use the juicer and squeeze 1/2 a lime over it...I then put it in the chip-n-dip tray with lime tortilla chips...

I completely agree with Lisa. It's a great salsa, and even easier to make with the Salad Choppers.

So, here's how to tell you're a real Pampered Chef Consultant:

Driving home from work tonight, I passed a nightclub/restaurant with a sandwich board outside announcing "Salsa Class then Musica Latina!" I thought "Really, people need to take a class to learn how to make salsa? I should go in there with my CBB and Salad Choppers, and show them how easy it is."

It took me a minute to realize they were talking about dance lessons!!!:blushing: :D

Last edited:
pampchefsarah said:

Driving home from work tonight, I passed a nightclub/restaurant with a sandwhich board outside announcing "Salsa Class then Musica Latina!" I thought "Really, people need to take a class to learn how to make salsa? I should go in there with my CBB and Salad Choppers, and show them how easy it is."

It took me a minute to realize they were talking about dance lessons!!!:blushing: :D

*lol* Thanks....I needed that laugh! Not to laugh AT you of course....it was a bad day. :D

esavvymom said:
I'm curious what is "pass around salsa"?

But to answer your question....

When the Salad Choppers first came out, in the catalog next to them was a little blurb with a recipe for Salsa.

It's:

1 pint grape tomatoes
1 jalepeno pepper
1 small onion
a handful of cilantro
1 clove of garlic
1 lime
salt to taste.

You wedge the pepper and onion and place it in a bowl (I use a SS bowl), throw in the cilantro and tomatoes, crush in a clove of garlic - then pass it around the room and let everyone chop a little. By the time it gets back to you - it's Salsa! Then, you press in the lime juice and salt to taste.

So simple - and yet so addictive! I LOVE it! Plus, you sell salad choppers, garlic presses, and citrus presses like crazy when you do this for shows!

ChefBeckyD said:

When the Salad Choppers first came out, in the catalog next to them was a little blurb with a recipe for Salsa.

It's:

1 pint grape tomatoes
1 jalepeno pepper
1 small onion
a handful of cilantro
1 clove of garlic
1 lime
salt to taste.

You wedge the pepper and onion and place it in a bowl (I use a SS bowl), throw in the cilantro and tomatoes, crush in a clove of garlic - then pass it around the room and let everyone chop a little. By the time it gets back to you - it's Salsa! Then, you press in the lime juice and salt to taste.

So simple - and yet so addictive! I LOVE it! Plus, you sell salad choppers, garlic presses, and citrus presses like crazy when you do this for shows!

And it would be FUN! That sounds great!

ChefBeckyD said:

It's:

1 pint grape tomatoes
1 jalepeno pepper
1 small onion
a handful of cilantro
1 clove of garlic
1 lime
salt to taste.

Thank you! I was a bit confused when I saw a post when searching earlier when someone said they also added the southwest seasoning along with the other ingredients....this was the first time I'd heard of that! Just wanted to get a few other opinions on it!
Jen

i love the salad choppers , i just call them choppers , so many other uses. most people lately buy them because you c an cut hot meat with them!

off the subject because i'm new and don't know how to start a thread. does anyone know in advance what items will be discontinued in the fall. i need to place a kit enhancement order but don't want to order what they won't have!
thanks,
laurie
;);)

lauriedip said:
i love the salad choppers , i just call them choppers , so many other uses. most people lately buy them because you c an cut hot meat with them!

off the subject because i'm new and don't know how to start a thread. does anyone know in advance what items will be discontinued in the fall. i need to place a kit enhancement order but don't want to order what they won't have!
thanks,
laurie
;);)

We won't know until after National Conference in July. I'm sure you'll be able to read all about it after the Wave 1 folks start spilling the beans on here. :D I for one am attending, so will be avoiding the threads! Don't want to spoil the surprises. Personally, I'd stick with ordering Hot Items you know won't go anywhere- like Salad chopper, DCB, bamboo, or SA pieces etc. Then also get some basic items that you might want/need in your kit- I'm drawing a blank right now on other suggestions, but I'm sure others can't help you.

And to start a thread, all you have to do is go into the forum you want to start your thread, and at the top of the list of threads already going, you'll see a button that says "New Thread"...hit that and start typing. :D

jross93 said:
Thank you! I was a bit confused when I saw a post when searching earlier when someone said they also added the southwest seasoning along with the other ingredients....this was the first time I'd heard of that! Just wanted to get a few other opinions on it!
Jen

I usually add the SW Seasoning to mine, just to add a bit more flavor and another product!

I've been using @ 3-4 Roma Tomatoes in place of the Grape Tomatoes - works great and doesn't 'squirt' all over the place when chopping :)

esavvymom said:
We won't know until after National Conference in July. I'm sure you'll be able to read all about it after the Wave 1 folks start spilling the beans on here.

I just wanted to address the part about Wave 1 people spilling the beans. We are not allowed to post conference info here until it's announced, usually middle of the last day of Wave 3. That's to honor the promise that all Wave 1 and Wave 2 attendees make not to tell anyone until Wave 3 is over. If you do see a thread here with info from conference before that announced time, please report it using the "report post" link (the alert sign with the exclamation point) to the left.

pampchefsarah said:

Driving home from work tonight, I passed a nightclub/restaurant with a sandwich board outside announcing "Salsa Class then Musica Latina!" I thought "Really, people need to take a class to learn how to make salsa? I should go in there with my CBB and Salad Choppers, and show them how easy it is."

LOL I would have totally thought the same way!

ChefBeckyD said:

It's:

1 pint grape tomatoes
1 jalepeno pepper
1 small onion
a handful of cilantro
1 clove of garlic
1 lime
salt to taste.

FYI... While delicious it is verry HOT!!! So poll your audience. You may want to start with 1/2 a jalapeno

etteluap70PC said:
FYI... While delicious it is verry HOT!!! So poll your audience. You may want to start with 1/2 a jalapeno

take the seeds & membrane out of the jalapeno and it won't be too hot.

ChefBeckyD said:

It's:

1 pint grape tomatoes
1 jalepeno pepper
1 small onion
a handful of cilantro
1 clove of garlic
1 lime
salt to taste.

Becky, it's been a while since I've made this and am making tonight for a show... I can't remember, can you use the small SS bowl or is it the medium, I only want to take one of them and I want it to be the one I can use... Thanks!

ChefPaulaB said:
Becky, it's been a while since I've made this and am making tonight for a show... I can't remember, can you use the small SS bowl or is it the medium, I only want to take one of them and I want it to be the one I can use... Thanks!

If I'm making a single batch, I use the small SS bowl. Use the med. if you're making a double batch!

Have fun!

ChefBeckyD said:
If I'm making a single batch, I use the small SS bowl. Use the med. if you're making a double batch!

Have fun!

Thanks a lot! It should be a fun one... it's at my sisters house and is a couples grilling show (if only the weather would cooperate)... but it'll be a fun evening! Thanks again!

ChefPaulaB said:
Thanks a lot! It should be a fun one... it's at my sisters house and is a couples grilling show (if only the weather would cooperate)... but it'll be a fun evening! Thanks again!

Are you going to conference, Paula?

ChefBeckyD said:
Are you going to conference, Paula?

No, we had camping plans made with 2 other couples for that same week and it took us forever to organize the days, so I didn't want to mess everything up. So, I'm skipping it again this year... :rolleyes:

ChefPaulaB said:
No, we had camping plans made with 2 other couples for that same week and it took us forever to organize the days, so I didn't want to mess everything up. So, I'm skipping it again this year... :rolleyes:
Bummer!....

1. What is the Pass Around Salsa - SW Seasoning?

The Pass Around Salsa - SW Seasoning is a delicious blend of spices and seasonings that can be used to make a flavorful salsa for dipping or topping your favorite dishes. It is a popular product from Pampered Chef that is perfect for parties and gatherings.

2. How do I use the Pass Around Salsa - SW Seasoning?

To use the Pass Around Salsa - SW Seasoning, simply mix the seasoning with your choice of canned or fresh tomatoes, onions, and peppers. You can also add other ingredients like corn, beans, or avocado for a unique twist. Let the salsa sit for a few minutes to allow the flavors to combine, then enjoy with your favorite chips or as a topping for tacos, salads, or grilled meats.

3. Is the Pass Around Salsa - SW Seasoning spicy?

The Pass Around Salsa - SW Seasoning has a mild level of spiciness, so it is suitable for those who prefer a little kick in their salsa. However, you can adjust the level of spiciness by adding more or less of the seasoning, depending on your personal preference.

4. Can I use the Pass Around Salsa - SW Seasoning for other dishes?

Yes, the Pass Around Salsa - SW Seasoning is a versatile seasoning that can be used for more than just salsa. It can also be used as a rub for meats, added to soups or stews for extra flavor, or sprinkled on top of roasted vegetables for a tasty twist.

5. Do you have any tips for making the perfect Pass Around Salsa with the SW Seasoning?

To make the perfect Pass Around Salsa with the SW Seasoning, it is important to use fresh, ripe ingredients and let the salsa sit for at least 15 minutes before serving to allow the flavors to develop. You can also add a splash of lime juice or a pinch of sugar to enhance the flavors. And don't be afraid to get creative and add your own twist to the recipe!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• heat123
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
heat123
  • The Pickler
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
chefheidi2003
  • wadesgirl