1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Salsa question

1. jross93

jross93 Member

OK....I haven't ever done the pass around salsa, but I have an upcoming show where I'd like to try it. I've searched the old posts here, and I have a question. I saw 2 different versions of the pass around salsa - one that uses the SW seasoning and one that doesn't. All the other ingredients are exactly the same. Has anyone tried it both ways? Which do you prefer?
    Thanks!
    Jen

Jun 17, 2009
  2. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

I'm curious what is "pass around salsa"?

Jun 17, 2009
  3. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

it was in the catalog spring summer 2007? or 2008?

Jun 17, 2009
  4. lisa717

lisa717 Member

I do the pineapple salsa in the season's best right now....show off the wedger then add the pineapple to the rest and use the salad choppers and pass it around...when it comes back around use the juicer and squeeze 1/2 a lime over it...I then put it in the chip-n-dip tray with lime tortilla chips...

Jun 17, 2009
  5. pampchefsarah

pampchefsarah Senior Member Gold Member

I completely agree with Lisa. It's a great salsa, and even easier to make with the Salad Choppers.

Jun 17, 2009
  6. pampchefsarah

pampchefsarah Senior Member Gold Member

So, here's how to tell you're a real Pampered Chef Consultant:

Driving home from work tonight, I passed a nightclub/restaurant with a sandwich board outside announcing "Salsa Class then Musica Latina!" I thought "Really, people need to take a class to learn how to make salsa? I should go in there with my CBB and Salad Choppers, and show them how easy it is."

It took me a minute to realize they were talking about dance lessons!!!:blushing: :D

Last edited: Jun 17, 2009
    Jun 17, 2009
  7. esavvymom

*lol* Thanks....I needed that laugh! Not to laugh AT you of course....it was a bad day. :D

Jun 17, 2009
  8. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

But to answer your question....

When the Salad Choppers first came out, in the catalog next to them was a little blurb with a recipe for Salsa.

It's:

1 pint grape tomatoes
    1 jalepeno pepper
    1 small onion
    a handful of cilantro
    1 clove of garlic
    1 lime
    salt to taste.

You wedge the pepper and onion and place it in a bowl (I use a SS bowl), throw in the cilantro and tomatoes, crush in a clove of garlic - then pass it around the room and let everyone chop a little. By the time it gets back to you - it's Salsa! Then, you press in the lime juice and salt to taste.

So simple - and yet so addictive! I LOVE it! Plus, you sell salad choppers, garlic presses, and citrus presses like crazy when you do this for shows!

Jun 17, 2009
  9. esavvymom

And it would be FUN! That sounds great!

Jun 17, 2009
  10. jross93

jross93 Member

Thank you! I was a bit confused when I saw a post when searching earlier when someone said they also added the southwest seasoning along with the other ingredients....this was the first time I'd heard of that! Just wanted to get a few other opinions on it!
    Jen

Jun 18, 2009
  11. lauriedip

lauriedip Member

i love the salad choppers , i just call them choppers , so many other uses. most people lately buy them because you c an cut hot meat with them!

off the subject because i'm new and don't know how to start a thread. does anyone know in advance what items will be discontinued in the fall. i need to place a kit enhancement order but don't want to order what they won't have!
    thanks,
    laurie
    ;);)

Jun 18, 2009
  12. esavvymom

We won't know until after National Conference in July. I'm sure you'll be able to read all about it after the Wave 1 folks start spilling the beans on here. :D I for one am attending, so will be avoiding the threads! Don't want to spoil the surprises. Personally, I'd stick with ordering Hot Items you know won't go anywhere- like Salad chopper, DCB, bamboo, or SA pieces etc. Then also get some basic items that you might want/need in your kit- I'm drawing a blank right now on other suggestions, but I'm sure others can't help you.

And to start a thread, all you have to do is go into the forum you want to start your thread, and at the top of the list of threads already going, you'll see a button that says "New Thread"...hit that and start typing. :D

Jun 18, 2009
  13. ChefPaulaB

ChefPaulaB Veteran Member

I usually add the SW Seasoning to mine, just to add a bit more flavor and another product!

Jun 19, 2009
  14. pamperedlinda

pamperedlinda Legend Member Gold Member

I've been using @ 3-4 Roma Tomatoes in place of the Grape Tomatoes - works great and doesn't 'squirt' all over the place when chopping :)

15. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

I just wanted to address the part about Wave 1 people spilling the beans. We are not allowed to post conference info here until it's announced, usually middle of the last day of Wave 3. That's to honor the promise that all Wave 1 and Wave 2 attendees make not to tell anyone until Wave 3 is over. If you do see a thread here with info from conference before that announced time, please report it using the "report post" link (the alert sign with the exclamation point) to the left.

Jun 19, 2009
  16. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

LOL I would have totally thought the same way!

17. etteluap70PC

etteluap70PC Legacy Member Gold Member

FYI... While delicious it is verry HOT!!! So poll your audience. You may want to start with 1/2 a jalapeno

Jun 19, 2009
  18. pamperedlinda

pamperedlinda Legend Member Gold Member

take the seeds & membrane out of the jalapeno and it won't be too hot.

19. ChefPaulaB

Becky, it's been a while since I've made this and am making tonight for a show... I can't remember, can you use the small SS bowl or is it the medium, I only want to take one of them and I want it to be the one I can use... Thanks!

Jun 19, 2009
  20. ChefBeckyD

If I'm making a single batch, I use the small SS bowl. Use the med. if you're making a double batch!

Have fun!

Jun 19, 2009
  21. ChefPaulaB

Thanks a lot! It should be a fun one... it's at my sisters house and is a couples grilling show (if only the weather would cooperate)... but it'll be a fun evening! Thanks again!

Jun 19, 2009
  22. ChefBeckyD

Are you going to conference, Paula?

Jun 19, 2009
  23. ChefPaulaB

No, we had camping plans made with 2 other couples for that same week and it took us forever to organize the days, so I didn't want to mess everything up. So, I'm skipping it again this year... :rolleyes:

Jun 19, 2009
  24. ChefBeckyD

Bummer!....

Jun 19, 2009
Have something to add?