• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Salsa Bites: A Quick Appetizer for Today's Gathering

Ingredients:1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened1/3 cup thick and chunky salsa2 eggs1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese2 tablespoons chopped ripe pitted olives 1 tablespoon chopped green onion1 garlic clove, pressed1/4 cup sour cream2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantroDirections: 1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Whisk cream cheese in
pattikake
I need to bring an appetizer to a gathering this afternoon. Has anyone made the Salsa Bites? The recipe is found with the product use & care card for the Deluxe Mini-Muffin pan. Just wondering if they are as good as they sound?!

they are awesome!!

I looked on Consultant's Corner- couldn't find the recipe. Would you please post?

I found it after just searching w/ingredient "salsa" listed. Not sure why it didn't come up the other way. They sound awesome. Going to try them this week! Thanks for the recommendation.Salsa Bites
Ingredients:
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup thick and chunky salsa
2 eggs
1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
2 tablespoons chopped ripe pitted olives

1 tablespoon chopped green onion
1 garlic clove, pressed
1/4 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantroDirections: 1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Whisk cream cheese in Classic Batter Bowl until smooth. Whisk in salsa and egg until well blended. Stir in cheese.
2. Chop olives and green onion with Food Chopper. Press garlic with Garlic Press. Stir into cream cheese mixture. Generously spray Deluxe Mini-Muffin Pan with vegetable spray. Fill muffin cups using Medium Scoop (1 per muffin cup).
3. Bake 15-18 minutes or until center is set. Let cool in pan 5 minutes. Remove and cool on Stackable Cooling Rack. Spread tops with a small amount of sour cream. Chop fresh cilantro using Kitchen Shears. Sprinkle over sour cream. Yield: 24 servingsNutrients per serving: Calories 66, Total Fat 6 g© 2009 The Pampered Chef used under license.
The Pampered Chef

aksusan said:
I found it after just searching w/ingredient "salsa" listed. Not sure why it didn't come up the other way. They sound awesome. Going to try them this week! Thanks for the recommendation.

Salsa Bites
Ingredients:
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup thick and chunky salsa
2 eggs
1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
2 tablespoons chopped ripe pitted olives

1 tablespoon chopped green onion
1 garlic clove, pressed
1/4 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Whisk cream cheese in Classic Batter Bowl until smooth. Whisk in salsa and egg until well blended. Stir in cheese.
2. Chop olives and green onion with Food Chopper. Press garlic with Garlic Press. Stir into cream cheese mixture. Generously spray Deluxe Mini-Muffin Pan with vegetable spray. Fill muffin cups using Medium Scoop (1 per muffin cup).
3. Bake 15-18 minutes or until center is set. Let cool in pan 5 minutes. Remove and cool on Stackable Cooling Rack. Spread tops with a small amount of sour cream. Chop fresh cilantro using Kitchen Shears. Sprinkle over sour cream.

Yield: 24 servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 66, Total Fat 6 g

© 2009 The Pampered Chef used under license.
The Pampered Chef

I know that you didn't type up the recipe, but just wondering, shouldn't that be the small scoop... I'd think that the medium would make it too full, from my experience...

you know, I didn't really read it, just copied & pasted. :) you're probably right.

I ended up making these and they were a huge hit. They were gone in less than 5 minutes. And yes, the medium scoop is a bit too big.

You could really get fancy and put the sour cream in the EAD (you may need more than 1/4 cup) Squirt a little on each salsa bite instead of spreading the sour cream. Then sprinkle the cilantro.

An easy way to snip cilantro (or parsley, for that matter) is to put it in a prep bowl, then snip away with the kitchen shears.

1. Can I make these salsa bites ahead of time?

Yes, these appetizers can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator until your gathering. They can also be assembled and frozen for future use.

2. What type of salsa should I use for the bites?

You can use any type of salsa that you prefer for these bites. Mild, medium, or hot salsa all work well. You can also mix and match different types of salsa to create a variety of flavors.

3. Can I use a different type of cheese instead of cheddar?

Yes, you can use any type of shredded cheese that you like. Monterey Jack, pepper jack, or a blend of Mexican cheeses all work well in this recipe.

4. Can I use corn tortillas instead of flour?

Yes, you can use corn tortillas instead of flour tortillas for a gluten-free option. Just make sure to use small corn tortillas and adjust the baking time accordingly.

5. How many servings does this recipe make?

This recipe makes about 24 salsa bites, depending on the size of your tortillas and how much filling you use. You can easily double or triple the recipe for larger gatherings.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sfdavis918
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • jackieblue
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • carrieann123