• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking Salmon in DCB: A Delicious Success!

Love it!THANKS! I have some Tilapia too so I'm wondering what y'all do with that also!I have never made Tilapia (can't get it here) so I am not sure. I bet it would be very similar though.I add 4-6 red potatoes and cook mine for 12 minutes with rosemary from the garden!!!Tilapia is excellent. 5 minutes with a tiny bit of butter and a lemon juiced over it. Love it!
KayPT
This is the best way to cook salmon!! I put a fillet with the skin down, Greek rub and some thinly sliced lemon with the peel on, and it took about 8.5 min. with the lid on. It was wonderful! I think I may do this at my next show. I would never have thought to do fish in the DCB but it is my favorite now!

I love doing fish in it too! We do Salmon & Tilapia in it all time. So yummy!!!

Just to be sure, you folks do mean in the microwave?

Marghi

BlueMoon said:
Just to be sure, you folks do mean in the microwave?

Marghi

Yep, in the microwave.

SO... how much salmon in weight for 8 1/2 min?

cookingwithdot said:
I love doing fish in it too! We do Salmon & Tilapia in it all time. So yummy!!!

What do you do when you cook Tilapia

quiverfull7 said:
SO... how much salmon in weight for 8 1/2 min?

It was 2 tail pieces about 6 inches long each and a little over an inch thick at the thickest portion. We don't weigh our salmon when we freeze it, just eyeball it for portion size. I am guessing maybe a little more than a pound. It will vary though based on thickness, etc.

KayPT said:
It was 2 tail pieces about 6 inches long each and a little over an inch thick at the thickest portion. We don't weigh our salmon when we freeze it, just eyeball it for portion size. I am guessing maybe a little more than a pound. It will vary though based on thickness, etc.

THANKS! I have some Tilapia too so I'm wondering what y'all do with that also!

I have never made Tilapia (can't get it here) so I am not sure. I bet it would be very similar though.

I add 4-6 red potatoes and cook mine for 12 minutes with rosemary from the garden!!!

Tilapia is excellent. 5 minutes with a tiny bit of butter and a lemon juiced over it.

1. How long should I cook the salmon in the Deep Covered Baker?

The cooking time for salmon in the Deep Covered Baker will vary depending on the thickness of the fillets. As a general rule, cook the salmon for 8-10 minutes per inch of thickness. You can also check for doneness by using a fork to see if the fish flakes easily.

2. Can I use frozen salmon in the Deep Covered Baker?

Yes, you can use frozen salmon in the Deep Covered Baker. Just make sure to thaw it completely before cooking. You may need to adjust the cooking time slightly if the salmon is still slightly frozen in the middle.

3. Do I need to add any liquid to the Deep Covered Baker when cooking salmon?

No, you do not need to add any liquid when cooking salmon in the Deep Covered Baker. The fish will release its own juices while cooking, keeping it moist and flavorful.

4. Can I add vegetables to the Deep Covered Baker while cooking salmon?

Yes, you can add vegetables to the Deep Covered Baker while cooking salmon. Just make sure to cut them into small, even pieces so they will cook at the same rate as the fish. You can also place the vegetables on a separate layer underneath the salmon fillets.

5. How can I prevent the salmon from sticking to the Deep Covered Baker?

To prevent the salmon from sticking to the Deep Covered Baker, make sure to lightly grease the inside of the baker with cooking spray or oil before adding the fish. You can also place the salmon skin-side down to help prevent sticking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Dotty
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • Blueskychef