• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Salmon in DCB

KayPT

Feb 9, 2010
This is the best way to cook salmon!! I put a fillet with the skin down, Greek rub and some thinly sliced lemon with the peel on, and it took about 8.5 min. with the lid on. It was wonderful! I think I may do this at my next show. I would never have thought to do fish in the DCB but it is my favorite now!

cookingwithdot

Advanced Member
Gold Member
Oct 20, 2009
I love doing fish in it too! We do Salmon & Tilapia in it all time. So yummy!!!

BlueMoon

Advanced Member
Apr 30, 2010
Just to be sure, you folks do mean in the microwave?

Marghi

quiverfull7

Legacy Member
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2006
SO... how much salmon in weight for 8 1/2 min?

KayPT

Feb 9, 2010
SO... how much salmon in weight for 8 1/2 min?

It was 2 tail pieces about 6 inches long each and a little over an inch thick at the thickest portion. We don't weigh our salmon when we freeze it, just eyeball it for portion size. I am guessing maybe a little more than a pound. It will vary though based on thickness, etc.

quiverfull7

Legacy Member
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2006
It was 2 tail pieces about 6 inches long each and a little over an inch thick at the thickest portion. We don't weigh our salmon when we freeze it, just eyeball it for portion size. I am guessing maybe a little more than a pound. It will vary though based on thickness, etc.

THANKS! I have some Tilapia too so I'm wondering what y'all do with that also!

KayPT

Feb 9, 2010
I have never made Tilapia (can't get it here) so I am not sure. I bet it would be very similar though.

robochick84

Sep 3, 2009
I add 4-6 red potatoes and cook mine for 12 minutes with rosemary from the garden!!!

SueAdx

Feb 9, 2010
Tilapia is excellent. 5 minutes with a tiny bit of butter and a lemon juiced over it.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
mspibb
Replies
Views
Shari in TX
Replies
Views
JanisF
Replies
Views