• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Solving Tax Problems - Ordering For a Friend From Another State

In summary, the speaker's friend placed an order without including sales tax, which may affect their commission. They are worried about missing out on earning a kit due to this mistake and are advised to call the home office to fix the issue. The home office may automatically adjust the commission or the tracker may not update right away. The speaker is encouraged not to worry and just call the home office for clarification.
PamperedPrincess74
A friend of mine who lives in a different state called me with an individual order. Because my state does not have sales tax, I'm NOT used to entering that in as part of a sale. Well, I put her address in the "ship to" field and transmitted the order, WITHOUT adding sales tax. I realized it way after that I neglected to add that. Does anyone know how I should fix this problem? I'm thinking HO may call me to tell me I have to do it over, but I'm not sure.

The HO will probably call you to let you know the mistake, but then again, they may just send it out and assume that there is no sales tax. But they will let you know quickly if there is a problem.

The reason I am so concerned is because I went to my Individual Perf. Tracker on CC and while that particular sale is showing up there, it says 0.00 in the Commissionalbe Sales column. Since that is likely my last sale of the month, it put me RIGHT over the top for earning the last SS month kit. I don't want to miss out on the whole kit because of a stupid mistake on my part.

check if not sureDo not let that order get a way from you! Just call the home office with the order info. Individual order # whatever and they can tell you right away if something is wrong.
This way your can get it fixed right away as well.
Sometimes they will just atomatically do a commission adjustment to make up the difference. I sent in a show once and was actually off by 1.99 or something odd and the simply sent out the show then adjuested my commission for the difference. But in your case, call the home office to make sure as you do not want to loose that show counting.
Also, sometime the tracker is not updated right away either. I had a show there was no problem with. It showed up on the tracker but the dollar amount was not there until 2 days later. This usually happens if there is a question about the show but sometimes it just happens.
Do not go crazy about it wondering, call them. They won't mind!

Last edited:
Hi there! It sounds like you accidentally forgot to add sales tax to your friend's order. Don't worry, it happens to all of us sometimes! The best way to fix this problem is to contact the Home Office and let them know what happened. They will be able to advise you on the best course of action, whether it's redoing the order or adding the sales tax in afterwards. It's always better to be upfront and honest about any mistakes, and I'm sure the Home Office will appreciate your honesty. Don't worry, we all make mistakes and this is a great learning opportunity for you. Keep up the great work!

1. How can I order for a friend who lives in another state?

You can place an order for your friend by selecting their state from the drop-down menu on our website. This will ensure that the correct taxes are applied to the order.

2. Will my friend have to pay sales tax on the order?

If your friend lives in a state where we have a physical presence, sales tax will be applied to their order. However, if they live in a state where we do not have a physical presence, they will not be charged sales tax.

3. Can I use my own tax exemption certificate for my friend's order?

No, tax exemption certificates are specific to the state in which they are issued. Your friend will need to provide their own tax exemption certificate if they are eligible.

4. Can I ship the order directly to my friend's address in another state?

Yes, you can choose to ship the order directly to your friend's address in another state. However, please note that sales tax may be applied based on their state's tax laws.

5. What if my friend is not satisfied with their order and wants to return it?

If your friend is not satisfied with their order, they can return it to us for a refund or exchange. However, please note that the original sales tax will not be refunded as it was paid to the state at the time of purchase.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• TriciaAnn
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • Brenda.the.chef