• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

State Sales Tax Changes in P3: NC Rate Increase and Timeline

In summary, P3 stands for Public-Private Partnership and refers to a business arrangement between a government agency and a private company to finance, construct, and operate a public infrastructure project. Sales tax changes can have a significant impact on P3 projects, affecting the project's cost and profitability for both parties involved. Some common sales tax changes in P3 projects include changes in the tax rate, exemptions, and collection process at the state, county, or local level. The responsibility for paying sales tax in P3 projects typically falls on the private company, but the government agency may also have certain tax responsibilities. To prepare for sales tax changes, P3 projects should carefully review and understand the tax laws in their location and communicate and coordinate with both parties
esavvymom
Staff member
How long does it usually take before State Sales tax rate changes will show up in P3?

our state (NC) just increased the rates effective today. I was just wondering how long it takes to catch up in P3/online.

:)

Last I checked, they hadn't fixed MA yet (it went up August 1st), and all they could say were they were working on it. For now I just override the tax amount for every show I set up.

That's what I was afraid of. :D I am so bad at missing the regular things- I know I'll screw up and miss that too and end up eating the mistake! Thankfully, it's only 1 penny every dollar...so it would take alot, but still. :)Thanks!

You shouldn't be the one that has to make up the difference since you will be using the tax rate that HO provided to you. They should be the ones to have to take care of it, I would think.

I called them one time about the county adder for the state food tax in TN, and they didn't understand why I was calling. The state part is all that HO requires on the TN food tax rate. I think they worked something out with TN for that.

Last edited:

Hi there!

The timing for updates to sales tax rates in P3 can vary, as it depends on when the software provider receives the updated information from the state. Typically, it can take a few weeks for the changes to be reflected in P3, but it's always best to check with the software provider for a more specific timeline. In the meantime, you can manually adjust the rates for your orders if needed. Hope this helps! Happy selling!

What is P3?

P3 stands for Public-Private Partnership, which is a business arrangement between a government agency and a private company to finance, construct, and operate a public infrastructure project.

How do sales tax changes affect P3 projects?

Sales tax changes can have a significant impact on P3 projects, as they can affect the cost of materials, labor, and other expenses involved in the construction and operation of the project. This can ultimately impact the profitability and feasibility of the project for both the government agency and the private company.

What are some common sales tax changes in P3 projects?

Some common sales tax changes in P3 projects include changes in the sales tax rate, exemptions for certain materials or services, and changes in the tax collection and remittance process. These changes can be implemented at the state, county, or local level and can vary depending on the location of the project.

Who is responsible for paying sales tax in P3 projects?

In most cases, the private company involved in the P3 project is responsible for paying sales tax on materials and services used in the project. However, the government agency may also be responsible for certain taxes, such as sales tax on materials purchased directly by the agency.

How can P3 projects prepare for sales tax changes?

P3 projects can prepare for sales tax changes by carefully reviewing and understanding the tax laws and regulations in the project's location. It is important for both the government agency and the private company to communicate and coordinate their tax responsibilities to ensure compliance and avoid any potential issues or disputes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • Tracy99
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
Teresa LM
  • newtopamperedchef