• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Effective Cupcake Show Strategies for Sales Meetings

In summary, Deena Hiltbrand suggests doing a cupcake show as a way to fill your calendar and get attendance up, using simple tools and ideas that can be adapted to any theme or party. She offers tips on setting up a cupcake station and offers a variety of recipes to choose from.
pckelly
Anyone have info on how to do a successful Cupcake Show? Some of my team requested this info at our last sales meeting and we didn't have time to talk about it.

My upline (Deena Hiltbrand) is trying them now & getting lots of success out of them. It's a constant e-mail thing going back & forth. Way too much to copy & paste here. If you want me to start forwarding you the cupcake related e-mails let me know ... but be forewarned ... it's a LOT of them! LOL

what's the cupcake show???

I am in Deena's downline too, I did cupcake training at my last meeting. A GREAT starting place is to google Karen Tack and Hello Cupcake.

Also if you search Karen Tack on Amazon there are some videos there too.

The starting point for the "cupcake craziness" comes from the Cupcake Bar in the new holiday mini. The training I did was on how to design a few simple theme cupcakes for the holidays from the Hello Cupcake Website, we did the Turkey and the Pumpkin for november shows and then for post Thanksgiving I am doing the ornament, christmas tree tower and the snowmen.

I am also talking about showing a number of tools, to offer a "gourmet" cupcake bar more like in the holiday mini for holiday parties, using the corer to fill cupcakes with jams/puddings or lemon curd, then frosting and using crushed candies, chocolate chips, sprinkles and pretty sugars to edge cupcakes.

For my cupcake shows I am setting up the cupcake station, and getting guest into the hands on cupcakes, then moving into making a recipe and the show portion of the party -- probably doing the Jerk Chicken Nachos or Chicken Fajitas since they are fast and easy.

Now that it's day time here in Japan, I had more time to look back at all the e-mails & realized that most of them were comments about how cute these were! So here it goes ...

http://www.duncanhines.com/recipes/cupcakes/dh/larry-the-turkey-cupcakes - super cute!!!

Deena's tips
Cup Cake Chronicles!
OK, here goes... I normally offer cookie shows in December to fill my calendar... They are a lot of extra work but they've always helped to get Hosts excited and get attendance up... But this year I saw the spread in the Holiday Mini and I thought how easy it would be to set up a cupcake station for guest to play and capitalize on the hot trend.... sure enough as soon as I started to talk about it the bookings started to come! Great now I am going to have to figure out how to do this show!!! My first one, was a "Tea" Party and we made cup cakes.. well in cups... with pretty saucers (the Hostess made these with her China Cups (I had done this for a Bridal Shower she had attend I hosted for a mutual friends daughter) . I made a few in the Simple Additions cups very cute.

Then I built a "toppings" bar with frosting in the decorator bottles and in the easy accent decorator I put cool whip (like the front cover of the new season best). I copied the photo in the Holiday Mini but added a few more toppings with the Bamboo Snack Bowl set with Mini Spoons. I also used the Snowmen Tableware and the Appetizer Plate Stand with some white plates interspersed with the snowmen.

I had a display of all of our bake ware and any thing baking related from, oven pads to spreaders
I keep it all in one bag together as I am going to "market this" Because it was a Tea Party we had little cucumber sandwiches, Egg Salad and Tuna Sandwiches. All made from the Roll Mix in Mini Loaf Pans and cut into then slices. Then we had some crackers and cream chesse with different PC sauces served over them.

The one a I did a week with a New Consultant was a "Halloween show" So we had each guest make a Monster Cup Cake and had a similar set up for guest to come in a make a cup cake. She has also made a sample of Pumpkin Cup Cakes and Turkey Cup Cakes.
I found a Fondant Recipe that is easy to make out of Marshmallows so I've been playing around with that as well and you can "Stamp" on it so I am learning how to make pretty cupcakes. I will be sending out some photo's of some of my cupcakes... I am not a pro ate this, I used to make "Elementary" cupcakes... you know the ones you take to bake sales and to your kids class when they are little. I've done a little cake decorating but only for my family but I am determined to Market this idea and make it work so I am learning! Again I think the trick is to make it interactive so you don't have to be the expert!

I think the most important point here is that that was a take and make station and then I sat them down and demonstrated the Creamy Chicken Pasta (not the right name of it in the new season best with the grated lemon zest and cream cheese) I cooked the chicken in the grill pan with the lemon pepper. Here is the huge ah-ha... the biggest seller at the show was the Micro Plane and the Mix-n-chop... not all the cupcake stuff.... but that is why everyone came because the Hostess was excited about offering a "Cupcake Show" I learned years ago that cookie shows got me in the door but a standard great recipe is what makes the show for my host!

More tips as I learn more!

Here is what is in my huge bag of "Cup cake" Tools:

Bamboo Cracker Tray
Snack Bowl set
Petite Spoon Set (Next time I am going to put the Ice cream Toppings in them) and have them fill a small well inside the cup cake with a "Gourmet" Filling
Cake Pedestal
Adjustable Tiered Tower
Snowman Table Ware
Appetizer Plates and stand
Small Square Bowls and Stand for (Chopped toffee bars and nuts) Only to show the Chopper, Bar Board and Small Bamboo Spoons
(for the Top of the Cool Whip when I did the "Tea Cup" Party
Large Round Platter for the Cup Cakes (I made both small ones in the mini muffin pan and large one in the stoneware muffin pan) You could have your host pre-make thees or even by brownie bite to simplify if you wish.
Batter Bowls and Prep bowls for the frosting. (I made a double batch of Butter Cream Frosting and turned half of into Chocolate)
You could make a cookie in the family skillet and have them decorate it to to show the cookware if you wanted too... (needs to be cooled)
I used the Flexible Mats to make stations and keep the mess down.
You could use the Micro plan to grate Chocolate for a topping too...
Professional shears I used to open powder sugar
Biscuit Cutters I used to cut rounds of Fondant (see the mybella cupcake web-site I am sending to be inspired)
Core and more to make the hole in the cupcake for the fillings (Ice cream topping or pudding makes them even more moist)
Freeze your Cupcakes for easy of Frosting (keeps the crumbs down and keeps them from being crushed as you decorate) so you can use the Cool and Serve to transport them and keep them cool
Pastry Cutter and mat for the Fondant
Vanilla for the Frosting
Sprinkles could be shown too..
Cooling racks & Oven Mitt and Pad
Featured Cookbooks: Simply Sweet, Festive Holiday Desserts and the current Seasons Best
Display, Torte Pan, Spring Form Pan, Cake Pan Set and Silicone Bake ware
EASD & Decorator Bottles
Flower Sugar Shaker,Dough and Pizza Roller Creative Cutter Set and Cutting board for Fondant station
I made Fondant ahead of time and used the ricer cooker to melt Marshmallows (I'll send this recipe separately)
Metal Bake Ware
Stainless Steel Scoops
Parchment Paper
Kitchen Timer
Small, Large Spreaders and All Purpose Spreader
Scarpers
Measure-all Adjustable spoon sets
All the scrapers and Whisk
Handy Scraper
Twix-it Clips

OK, can you say Ca-Ching!!!

Add and subtract anything you want this is a "work-in-progress-show" But it can be fun and fill your teams Calendars!
I'd love to see your ideas and or cupcakes too! I even thought about doing a take make one at my home as a kick off for past hostess and friends.

Happy Holiday Bookings!!!!

More of Deena's tips:
Cup Cake Chronicles!
OK, here goes... I normally offer cookie shows in December to fill my calendar... They are a lot of extra work but they've always helped to get Hosts excited and get attendance up... But this year I saw the spread in the Holiday Mini and I thought how easy it would be to set up a cupcake station for guest to play and capitalize on the hot trend.... sure enough as soon as I started to talk about it the bookings started to come! Great now I am going to have to figure out how to do this show!!! My first one, was a "Tea" Party and we made cup cakes.. well in cups... with pretty saucers (the Hostess made these with her China Cups (I had done this for a Bridal Shower she had attend I hosted for a mutual friends daughter) . I made a few in the Simple Additions cups very cute.

Then I built a "toppings" bar with frosting in the decorator bottles and in the easy accent decorator I put cool whip (like the front cover of the new season best). I copied the photo in the Holiday Mini but added a few more toppings with the Bamboo Snack Bowl set with Mini Spoons. I also used the Snowmen Tableware and the Appetizer Plate Stand with some white plates interspersed with the snowmen.

I had a display of all of our bake ware and any thing baking related from, oven pads to spreaders
I keep it all in one bag together as I am going to "market this" Because it was a Tea Party we had little cucumber sandwiches, Egg Salad and Tuna Sandwiches. All made from the Roll Mix in Mini Loaf Pans and cut into then slices. Then we had some crackers and cream chesse with different PC sauces served over them.

The one a I did a week with a New Consultant was a "Halloween show" So we had each guest make a Monster Cup Cake and had a similar set up for guest to come in a make a cup cake. She has also made a sample of Pumpkin Cup Cakes and Turkey Cup Cakes.
I found a Fondant Recipe that is easy to make out of Marshmallows so I've been playing around with that as well and you can "Stamp" on it so I am learning how to make pretty cupcakes. I will be sending out some photo's of some of my cupcakes... I am not a pro ate this, I used to make "Elementary" cupcakes... you know the ones you take to bake sales and to your kids class when they are little. I've done a little cake decorating but only for my family but I am determined to Market this idea and make it work so I am learning! Again I think the trick is to make it interactive so you don't have to be the expert!

I think the most important point here is that that was a take and make station and then I sat them down and demonstrated the Creamy Chicken Pasta (not the right name of it in the new season best with the grated lemon zest and cream cheese) I cooked the chicken in the grill pan with the lemon pepper. Here is the huge ah-ha... the biggest seller at the show was the Micro Plane and the Mix-n-chop... not all the cupcake stuff.... but that is why everyone came because the Hostess was excited about offering a "Cupcake Show" I learned years ago that cookie shows got me in the door but a standard great recipe is what makes the show for my host!

More tips as I learn more!

Here is what is in my huge bag of "Cup cake" Tools:

Bamboo Cracker Tray
Snack Bowl set
Petite Spoon Set (Next time I am going to put the Ice cream Toppings in them) and have them fill a small well inside the cup cake with a "Gourmet" Filling
Cake Pedestal
Adjustable Tiered Tower
Snowman Table Ware
Appetizer Plates and stand
Small Square Bowls and Stand for (Chopped toffee bars and nuts) Only to show the Chopper, Bar Board and Small Bamboo Spoons
(for the Top of the Cool Whip when I did the "Tea Cup" Party
Large Round Platter for the Cup Cakes (I made both small ones in the mini muffin pan and large one in the stoneware muffin pan) You could have your host pre-make thees or even by brownie bite to simplify if you wish.
Batter Bowls and Prep bowls for the frosting. (I made a double batch of Butter Cream Frosting and turned half of into Chocolate)
You could make a cookie in the family skillet and have them decorate it to to show the cookware if you wanted too... (needs to be cooled)
I used the Flexible Mats to make stations and keep the mess down.
You could use the Micro plan to grate Chocolate for a topping too...
Professional shears I used to open powder sugar
Biscuit Cutters I used to cut rounds of Fondant (see the mybella cupcake web-site I am sending to be inspired)
Core and more to make the hole in the cupcake for the fillings (Ice cream topping or pudding makes them even more moist)
Freeze your Cupcakes for easy of Frosting (keeps the crumbs down and keeps them from being crushed as you decorate) so you can use the Cool and Serve to transport them and keep them cool
Pastry Cutter and mat for the Fondant
Vanilla for the Frosting
Sprinkles could be shown too..
Cooling racks & Oven Mitt and Pad
Featured Cookbooks: Simply Sweet, Festive Holiday Desserts and the current Seasons Best
Display, Torte Pan, Spring Form Pan, Cake Pan Set and Silicone Bake ware
EASD & Decorator Bottles
Flower Sugar Shaker,Dough and Pizza Roller Creative Cutter Set and Cutting board for Fondant station
I made Fondant ahead of time and used the ricer cooker to melt Marshmallows (I'll send this recipe separately)
Metal Bake Ware
Stainless Steel Scoops
Parchment Paper
Kitchen Timer
Small, Large Spreaders and All Purpose Spreader
Scarpers
Measure-all Adjustable spoon sets
All the scrapers and Whisk
Handy Scraper
Twix-it Clips

OK, can you say Ca-Ching!!!

Add and subtract anything you want this is a "work-in-progress-show" But it can be fun and fill your teams Calendars!
I'd love to see your ideas and or cupcakes too! I even thought about doing a take make one at my home as a kick off for past hostess and friends.

Happy Holiday Bookings!!!!

Cluster member tips:
instead of fondant you can heat tootsie-rolls and or laffy taffy for 6-8 seconds in the microwave and then roll them out with powder sugar and the dough and pizza roller cut them out with the creative cutter sets to make the leaves for the pumpkins and "Pretties" for the tops of cupcakes (much simple and easier) great prices on leftover Halloween candy.

www.myabellacupcakes.com
Best Cupcake Samples I have EVER seen incredible and inspiring... (and a little intimidating)

so for those of you doing these shows.....do you...
**just use boxed cake mixes
**can of frosting

or do you make your own?

this sounds like a bunch of fun I'm going to promote it tonight! Thanks for sharing!!!

has anyone made up an invite for this show?

I am sticking with box cake/ canned frosting, I want it to seem duplicatable for all my guests. I am going to be working on a special invitation today actually I will post it when I get one made.

Attachments

• Cupcake invitation.dcs.doc
    916.5 KB · Views: 265
Very Cute Invite!!!!

Thank you sooooo much everyone!! The tips you shared Shelia, help a ton and the invitation from Almondfarm is ADORABLE!!!

Thanks Sheila and Almondfarm! Glad you asked Deb!

Everyone is welcome!Lynette, cute invite!!!

One more thing I am doing with these is offering them as a kids show, I just booked one at a kids consignment store for December, I am going to cupcake with the kids while the moms shop Pampered Chef and at the store. I got her entire consignor list to send invitations to (120 names!). I did put on the invite that kids had to be accompanied by an adult.

I am going to contact some libraries and daycares this week to offer them as fundraisers in December.

I'm excited! My show next Friday is a couples show and she loved the idea of decorating cupcakes. I LOVE that you all posted some great tips for Cupcake Shows. I asked her if she's planning to serve some type of adult drinks (no kids will be there) and if so, we can call it "Cocktails & Cupcakes" or something. Anyway, thanks for all the great tips!!

Does anyone who did cupcake shows over the last few months have any tips or things they would for sure do or wouldn't do? I'd love any input! I'm excited!!

I'm definitely NOT bringing all the products on that list though. My goal with the new season is to seriously minimize what I bring and REALLY use the catalog, but it was a good list to pull from!

Becky -

The biggest suggestion I have is just to make sure you have multiple work stations set up for the cupcakes (I used the felxible mats). Also if you kind train the first couple people on what is going on and have them keep the cupcake station moving that is a HUGE help.

Are you going to make another appetizer or anything for a demo?

Tools I mainly used:
Flexible Cutting Mats
Three Tiered Stand
Decorator Bottles
Easy Accent Decorator
Small Spreaders
Prep Bowls
Rotary Grater (Chocolate bar or nuts)
Kitchen Shears
Microfiber Towels

I made regular box cupcakes, but used Buttermilk for the liquid. and then just the canned frosting.

I also had our sweet sprinkles available for them to put on the cupcakes, for some shows I made both big and mini cupcakes, calling the mini cupcakes taster cupcakes for the sprinkles before they committed their whole big cupcake.

Are you doing a specific decorated kind of cupcake?

No, there really wasn't a specific cupcake we're doing. I checked to see if the host was willing to make cupcakes ahead of time and she really liked that idea. I told her to make what she thought people would like (vanilla/chocolate) and get some tubs of frosting and various toppings that would be fun like candies, sprinkles, etc. I love the idea of using our sweet sprinkles too. I like the idea of using Laffy Taffy as a "fondant" and rolling those or Tootsie Rolls out. I'll throw that out to the host.

So, do you suggest having the same types of tools and "toppings" at each station or do you think it works well to kind of have an "assembly line" where they do the step of the first layer of frosting at one station, then another station where they can do "accent frosting" and another station where they can do other toppings? I really have no clue what to do!

I hadn't thought much about doing a demo. The host liked the sound of doing the cupcakes all together since it's a couple's show, I kind of had a feeling this is the main thing. But since it's right at the end of Feb, I think I'll do the salsa or the Artichoke Tapenade in the MFP and bring the ingredients myself. I don't want to make it too long. This is a high school friend of mine I haven't seen in 20 years!! And she does not live close- a little over an hour away, so if I can get out of there at a decent time, I'd be thrilled! But I may do something to highlight the new products like the MFP as another munchie they can snack on. Or maybe even do some dips with the seasonings?

I may even do little roll-outs of candy as fondant myself and bring it?? Maybe separate them with wax paper or something and bring them mostly already done and demo a couple with the bakers roller. I'm open to all suggestions because I'm just sort of playing around with this and would love to do any cute little ideas.

Thanks!!

1. How do I request a sales meeting with a Pampered Chef consultant?

To request a sales meeting with a Pampered Chef consultant, simply reach out to your local consultant or visit our website to find a consultant near you. You can also contact our customer service team for assistance in scheduling a meeting.

2. Is there a fee for requesting a sales meeting?

No, there is no fee for requesting a sales meeting with a Pampered Chef consultant. Our consultants are happy to schedule meetings with potential customers to showcase our products and answer any questions.

3. How far in advance should I request a sales meeting?

We recommend requesting a sales meeting at least 2-3 weeks in advance to allow our consultants to prepare and ensure availability. However, our consultants will do their best to accommodate last minute requests.

4. Can I request a specific date and time for my sales meeting?

Yes, you can request a specific date and time for your sales meeting. However, availability may vary depending on your location and the schedule of our consultants. We recommend providing a few options for your requested date and time to increase the chances of securing a meeting.

5. Can I request a virtual sales meeting?

Yes, you can request a virtual sales meeting with a Pampered Chef consultant. Our consultants are equipped to host virtual meetings through various platforms such as Zoom or Skype. Please specify your preference when requesting a meeting.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Malinda Klein
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
keril
  • DuenFounnyHok
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • Sheila