• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Sales at Dentist or Doctor?

.I always ask if I can leave one or two catalogs in the waiting rooms of the appointments I have. Doctor, Dentist, salon, Pediatrician.... everywhere. I've never had anyone say no, and I've had a few sales come my way because of it.
ashkay
Has anyone tried to bring in catalogs/order forms to their dentist/doctors office?

I have a dentist appt today and was thinking of just asking if I could leave a couple catalogs at their desk to see if anyone wanted to order and I'd come pick up the orders next week.

Has anyone tried this & if so was it successful?

Yes and noYes, I have left books before, but no, it wasn't successful.

While waiting for the dentist to arrive, I started talking to the assistant as she prepped me & the room, etc....to make a long story short, she is interested in hosting a show & possibly the business opportunity! She asked for a catalog and after the appt, I went to my car and dropped off the catalog to the lady at the front desk. On my way out, I noticed that she was looking through it before passing it on!

Making that personal connection with someone made a HUGE difference! With a friend that just signed up, I have told her to make appointments to see the doctor, dentist, get her nails done, strike up a conversation with the person in front or behind her in the checkout line, go to every event that she's invited to....and make sure that Pampered Chef manages to enter the conversation! :D

ashkay said:
Has anyone tried to bring in catalogs/order forms to their dentist/doctors office?

I have a dentist appt today and was thinking of just asking if I could leave a couple catalogs at their desk to see if anyone wanted to order and I'd come pick up the orders next week.

Has anyone tried this & if so was it successful?

How did it go, ashkay?

:( Not good. No one was even interested in looking at my catalog. Oh well, I'll hold my head up high (that's because I closed my 2 shows last night so I get the extra $20 fall item!! :) )

Did you leave a catalog or two in the waiting room?I always ask if I can leave one or two catalogs in the waiting rooms of the appointments I have. Doctor, Dentist, salon, Pediatrician.... everywhere. I've never had anyone say no, and I've had a few sales come my way because of it.

Also, I staple, or loosely tape, a few extra business cards to the back of the catalog, so people can feel free to take one for themselves. :)

Doctors/DentistsI've had no luck with this. None of them
want catalogs in their waiting rooms....

Barb

Have to be honest, I never ask to leave them...I have just left them in the waiting rooms before, usually because I see catalogs for other things there...Avon, home and garden, etc. I have "taken my work with me" before, and had my dr. take a catalog to his wife. She ended up calling and booking a show...her's was my first show that exceeded $1000, and it was FINALLY just beat last month!

My recruiter has done several shows for her dentist office...I guess it just depends on the mindset of the people there as to whether or not they will want to "talk shop" with you. Never know until you at least TRY it! :)

Being that I am an ex-dental assistant.. I'll give you the scoop!! If you leave catalogs like pampered chef in the lobby?? They WILL end up in the dr/lunch lounge. When we would go on lunch we would look for certain types of magazines to read.. Ie.. people (would FIGHT.. even hide that one),avon.pampered chef..ect.. Are all biggies to fight over. Trust me they REALLY like them. However, what you'll find are that many ppl in this industry actually sell the product themselves or know somebody in a different office that sells it!! What I would suggest doing which is what I did when selling avon. Is give it to the receptionist, tell her.. If you get the other ppl in the office to order, I will give YOU the hostes rewards!! I then tell her that I usually order on..such and such a date and that I can give her a courtesy call in about a week to see if she actually had any orders. Oh and bring some goodies into dentist offices when you drop of the books. You wouldnt believe how many sweets the assistants eat.. and LOVE :p

i agree with Mackailey about the sweets i was a medical assistant, and when treats were given it was definitly a bonus, we had lots of catalogs floating around our office also from pts or past coworkers

1. How can I approach a dentist or doctor to sell Pampered Chef products?

One approach is to send a personalized email or letter introducing yourself and your products. You can also try cold calling or visiting the office in person to introduce yourself and leave samples or information about your products.

2. What types of products are most popular among dentists and doctors?

Products that save time and make meal prep easier tend to be popular among busy professionals like dentists and doctors. Some examples include quick and easy meal kits, versatile kitchen tools, and healthy cooking options.

3. Are there any specific strategies for selling to dentists and doctors?

Yes, it can be helpful to highlight the time-saving benefits of your products and how they can support a healthy lifestyle. You can also offer special discounts or promotions for bulk purchases that may be appealing to busy professionals.

4. Are there any regulations or restrictions on selling to dentists or doctors?

It's always important to follow any laws or regulations regarding sales and marketing to healthcare professionals. Some companies may have specific policies in place for selling to these professionals, so it's best to check with your employer for any guidelines to follow.

5. How can I build relationships with dentists and doctors to increase sales?

One way to build relationships is to offer to do a cooking demonstration or host a Pampered Chef party at their office. This can provide an opportunity for them to try your products and see their benefits firsthand. You can also offer to provide samples or discounts for their staff as a way to show appreciation for their business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kdangel518
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Stephaniechefs
Replies
Views
MakinBacon
  • Mindascookin
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies