• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

PC Salad Spinner: The Ultimate Solution for Dry Lettuce & Berries?

In summary, this customer is unhappy with the PC salad spinner because they feel the lettuce was still wet even after it removed some water. They also like the Oxo spinner better because it has two bowls.
babywings76
Gold Member
A customer/friend of mine FB messaged me this:

Tell me about the PC salad spinner. Does is get the lettuce dry? I bought another brand that is going back. It obviously removed some water but I still felt the lettuce was wet. I can't seem to find anyone other than you who has one. I know you used it at Melanie's party but I don't remember seeing how dry the (I think strawberries) were. I looked at the Oxo one, but do like that the PC has two sizes of bowls.

I own one, but I don't use it that often since I buy a lot of pre-washed bagged lettuces. But now that my local farms have fresh lettuce for sale, I will be using it more. I've used it a couple times in the past and for me, it works well, but the lettuce and berries are never 100% dry. That's the way it would be for everyone, every brand, right? To me, it's dry enough to be able to use it and be okay with salad dressing. What do you think is a good response to her?

I use mine A LOT. I buy the bags of 3 heads of romaine, do one at a time. You do have to spin, toss, then spin. You have to loosen the leaves from eachother to give them the air they need to dry as the spinning kinda crams them together. And, I spin, wipe the water out, then spin some more. I also let my lettuce sit for a bit after I've finished spinning. It does get dry but not sure how much work she wants to put into it.

I agree with pshockeymom. The secret is in the spin/empty out water/shake the lettuce around/spin and repeat. So basically I spin mine 3 times which is sad because the sound upsets our male dog. :eek: Leaf and other delicate lettuces spin drier than romaine does in my opinion. Couldn't live without it!​

Thanks!

I messaged her back, so we'll see what happens. :)

It would be in my top 5 list. Love mine....and i use it all the time for berries and grapes, as well as lettuce, broccoli, etc. last week I used it for silk flowers and got the dry!

Tip for berries i have been using successfully for three weeks. i wash fresh straberries, blueberries fresh from the fields in a vinegar water solution. It is 2 cups water to 1/4 cup vinegar. I let them soak/swish around inthe solution for about one minute. Then drain, you dont have to rinse, but if I am eating some rit away, I may give a quick light rinse. Then spin them. They last for almost a week!!!! Literally, i get my produce delivered on Thursdays, and by the next Wednesday we are finishing up the last berries (we get three or four quarts a week). This just makes it easier for us, because with them washed, we can grab and eat them through the day without messing with washing all the time. I throw more away when we DONT wash them ahead, than this way.

If my spinner broke today, I would be ordering a new one immediately, no question.

esavvymom said:
It would be in my top 5 list. Love mine....and i use it all the time for berries and grapes, as well as lettuce, broccoli, etc. last week I used it for silk flowers and got the dry!

Tip for berries i have been using successfully for three weeks. i wash fresh straberries, blueberries fresh from the fields in a vinegar water solution. It is 2 cups water to 1/4 cup vinegar. I let them soak/swish around inthe solution for about one minute. Then drain, you dont have to rinse, but if I am eating some rit away, I may give a quick light rinse. Then spin them. They last for almost a week!!!! Literally, i get my produce delivered on Thursdays, and by the next Wednesday we are finishing up the last berries (we get three or four quarts a week). This just makes it easier for us, because with them washed, we can grab and eat them through the day without messing with washing all the time. I throw more away when we DONT wash them ahead, than this way.

If my spinner broke today, I would be ordering a new one immediately, no question.

Thanks for sharing your experience with the vinegar solution. I keep hearing about it, but never heard from someone I knew who actually did it.

babywings76 said:
[/I]

I own one, but I don't use it that often since I buy a lot of pre-washed bagged lettuces.

I use my salad spinner constantly and love the smaller bowl as I use that to store the strawberries or blueberries after they are washed. FYI: I know that there are bags of "pre-washed lettuce" but always wash mine again. I find it freshens up the lettuce and I feel better washing it myself - but honestly no comparison to a fresh head of lettuce.

Really love using the spinner on cooked ground beef. It gets more fat out than just draining it!

i use it for berries, pre washed lettuce, black olives, pasta, ground beef, eggplant & cucumbers that have been in salt water. We have also used it for delicate hand washables and my daughter's foot un-deez for dance

love love love the salad spinner, can't seem to sell it no matter how impressed the guests are..... I have another brand....don't waste $ on any other brand....pc is the way to go

1. How does the PC Salad Spinner dry lettuce and berries?

The PC Salad Spinner uses centrifugal force to spin the lettuce and berries, removing excess water and leaving them dry and ready to eat.

2. Can the PC Salad Spinner be used for other fruits and vegetables?

Yes, the PC Salad Spinner can be used for a variety of fruits and vegetables, such as grapes, cherry tomatoes, and herbs.

3. Is the PC Salad Spinner dishwasher safe?

Yes, the PC Salad Spinner is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning. However, we recommend hand washing to prolong the lifespan of the product.

4. How much lettuce and berries can the PC Salad Spinner hold?

The PC Salad Spinner can hold up to 4 quarts (16 cups) of lettuce or berries.

5. Is the PC Salad Spinner BPA-free?

Yes, the PC Salad Spinner is made with BPA-free materials for safe and healthy food preparation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
straitfan
  • RachelNguyen
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
lacychef