• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Summer Salads: Share Your Fave Recipes!

In summary, some popular ingredients for summer salads include fresh fruits like berries and watermelon, vegetables like cucumbers and tomatoes, and proteins like grilled chicken or shrimp. To elevate a summer salad, you can try unique dressing recipes like a honey lime vinaigrette or a cilantro lime dressing. To make a summer salad more filling, add grains, nuts or seeds, and avocado. You can also be creative with how you serve a summer salad, such as making it in a mason jar or serving it in a hollowed out watermelon or pineapple. To prevent a summer salad from becoming soggy, add dressing right before serving and toss well, or layer the ingredients in a specific order.
cookingwithlove
Gold Member
With summer coming, I am looking for some salad recipe recommendations. What are your favs? Can you share the recipe?

Thanks!

Wendy,
I'd suggest getting the Super Salads Recipe Cards #2841 for only $5. You could get it with your kit enhancement for a discount if you wanted.

Also...check out the PC consultant website under recipe searches. I'd put in keyword Salad and see what comes up.

chicken curry stir-fry saladWendy,
I made the Chicken Curry Stir-fry Salad a few weeks ago and really liked it. The combinations of the curry spice and fruits and veggies was suprisingly very delicious. The recipe is in the new Spring/Summer 2005 Seasons' Best recipe book. Happy Cooking!
Janel

1. What are some popular ingredients to include in a summer salad?

Some popular ingredients for summer salads include fresh fruits like berries and watermelon, vegetables like cucumbers and tomatoes, and proteins like grilled chicken or shrimp.

2. Can you suggest any unique dressing recipes to elevate a summer salad?

One unique dressing recipe is a honey lime vinaigrette, made with honey, lime juice, olive oil, and Dijon mustard. Another is a cilantro lime dressing, made with cilantro, lime juice, Greek yogurt, and garlic.

3. How can I make my summer salad more filling?

To make a summer salad more filling, you can add grains like quinoa or farro, nuts or seeds for added protein, and avocado for healthy fats. You can also add a protein source like grilled tofu or canned chickpeas.

4. What are some creative ways to serve a summer salad?

One creative way to serve a summer salad is to make it in a mason jar for a portable and convenient lunch option. You can also serve it in a hollowed out watermelon or pineapple for a fun and festive presentation.

5. How can I prevent my summer salad from becoming soggy?

To prevent a summer salad from becoming soggy, make sure to add dressing right before serving and toss the salad well to evenly distribute the dressing. You can also layer the ingredients in a specific order, with the dressing at the bottom, to prevent the greens from getting too wet.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefsteph07
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
jendill
  • janezapchef
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • rwispampered