• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Spring Issues with the Salad Chopper? Is It Just Me?

In summary, the spring on the Salad Chopper seems to be popping off. Several people have had this problem and there is no obvious solution. The company offers a lifetime guarantee on the choppers, so customers can always hope for a better batch.
taterbug
Is anyone having a problem with the spring coming off of the Salad Chopper? I have had two do this. The first time it happened, I wasn't even using the chopper, but was holding it up to talk about it; when I opened it up and started showing how it worked, the spring popped off.
I did an adjustment; sent that one back and received a new one. Last night I was using the new one for the first time to shred some chicken and about half way through, the spring popped off! Is it just me? Is there some kind of art to using the chopper that I am not aware of :rolleyes:?

I've had this problem too. I make salsa at shows where you pass it around and guests do the chopping- I tell them the trick is NOT to pull up on the top handle, let the spring do the work for you. The only time it happens to me is if I'm spreading the handles to the fullest extent. Hope this helps!

My spring seemed like it was too short. I returned them and have had no problems with the new one. The spring seems to fit better.

I had the same problem with the spring popping on my salad choppers. I turned mine back in and haven't had any problems with the new ones.

chefcharity said:
My spring seemed like it was too short. I returned them and have had no problems with the new one. The spring seems to fit better.

That is exactly how the ones I had and the new ones are. I thought about super gluing the ends of the spring but not sure if that would work or not. I hate to send back a second pair......

taterbug said:
That is exactly how the ones I had and the new ones are. I thought about super gluing the ends of the spring but not sure if that would work or not. I hate to send back a second pair......

Send them back! Can you image a guest noticing the super glue? That woudl be terrible. There are so many things we love about this company and how they stand behind their products is one of them. Those choppers have a LIFE TIME GUARANTEE!! They wil have to get them figured out soon. Might as well get what you paid for/earned/whatever! :)

I have two and have not had a problem with the spring in either of them.

My first pair did and I sent them back and the next pair I haven't had any trouble with and I use them all the time! Love them! I'd send them back again until they get it right

If you keep sending them back, eventually you'll get a pair from the GOOD batch of choppers. :D

I am waiting until the end of this month to send mine back. The spring has popped out at all of my shows so far this month. (all 5 !) This will be my second time returning them. The first was because they wouldn't chop anything, they seemed very dull. I am going to drive out to my directors tonight to pick up her salad choppers so I can use them at my next few shows.
I had thought about super gluing mine also, so you are not alone, but couldn't figure out how to do it.

esavvymom said:
If you keep sending them back, eventually you'll get a pair from the GOOD batch of choppers. :D
I may go broke from the shipping expense though :).

cincychef said:
I am waiting until the end of this month to send mine back. The spring has popped out at all of my shows so far this month. (all 5 !) This will be my second time returning them. The first was because they wouldn't chop anything, they seemed very dull. I am going to drive out to my directors tonight to pick up her salad choppers so I can use them at my next few shows.
I had thought about super gluing mine also, so you are not alone, but couldn't figure out how to do it.
This second pair seems dull to me. I have a show closing tonight so I may just order a new pair and once they come in, I will send these back for a replacement; that way I will have two - never hurts to have a back up.

this has happened to me too, to make it worse, the hubby tried to force it back in, warping....i use it at every show (when the spring falls out i blame the dh)so i can't find the time to send them back!! Wonder if a hardware store would sell a spring that size???

When I had to send mine back I borrowed a pair from a friend that had ordered them from me until I got mine back (for show purposes only). Maybe look through your list and see if anyone that you know has bought them that would let you borrow until you get your new ones. I don't think trying to repair them yourself is going to be your best option... And you deserve to have a pair that work correctly... It makes a huge difference!

1. What are some common spring issues with the Salad Chopper?

Some common spring issues with the Salad Chopper include the spring becoming loose or detached, difficulty in opening or closing the blades, and the blades not staying locked in place.

2. How can I fix a loose spring on my Salad Chopper?

To fix a loose spring, try tightening the screws at the base of the handle. If this does not work, contact Pampered Chef customer service for further assistance.

3. What causes the blades on the Salad Chopper to not stay locked in place?

This issue is usually caused by a worn or damaged latch on the handle. Contact Pampered Chef customer service for a replacement latch.

4. Can I use the Salad Chopper for other foods besides salad?

Yes, the Salad Chopper can be used for chopping a variety of foods, such as vegetables, fruits, and nuts.

5. Is the Salad Chopper dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Salad Chopper is dishwasher safe. However, we recommend hand washing the blades to ensure they stay sharp for longer.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• doughmama
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
chef tso
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
kam