• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Revamp Your Salad Game with the Ultimate Salad Chopper - Tips and Tricks

I have only used them a few times for chicken and salad.Meat or not meat, I would still send them back. Mine have not been as sharp as they once were either.That's what I'm wondering. I have only used them a few times for chicken and salad.Meat or not meat, I would still send them back.
loreo
I have been doing the quick and easy fajitas and pineapple salsa for my shows lately and it has been a hit. However, my last show on Tuesday, the salad choppers did not work as well as before. Usually the salsa is almost liquid and the chicken is well shredded. There were still chunks left in the salsa and I had a hard time chopping the chicken. They worked ok but not like they used to. I got the with KE so they are not that old. Any suggestions?

Nobody has had this problem?

Go check to see if the little red jammie (the thing that locks them) See if its loose. I've had that problem before & sent them back & got new ones. What happens is, if its loose it gets in the way of them closing closer to chop....HTH

I've had mine for over a year but just recently (like last week) started using them. I haven't had any trouble yet....sorry I can't help you out. The only thing I notice with the chicken is that it tends to get stuck and you have to sort of knock the chicken out of the spoon part.
I haven't tried it on pineapple or anything else yet but plan to this weekend. Hopefully someone else will have some more useful information for you.

Thank you- I will check that!

Lori

I feel like mine aren't as sharp as they use to be?????????

I have also noticed that on occasion, the little red lock has accidently been up, and the choppers were not chopping correctly. It kept them from closing all of the way.

turtle15 said:
I have also noticed that on occasion, the little red lock has accidently been up, and the choppers were not chopping correctly. It kept them from closing all of the way.

Send them back....

Yes, I agree, your lock may have swung up and got in the way!

My lock falls down too and gets in the way. I just deal. They also do not feel as sharp. Do you think it is because we are using them mostly on meat and it is intended for salad?

If the lock is loose send them back. I just called and they sent me a new pair. I still need to return the old ones.

etteluap70PC said:
My lock falls down too and gets in the way. I just deal. They also do not feel as sharp. Do you think it is because we are using them mostly on meat and it is intended for salad?

That's what I'm wondering.

1. How do I properly use a salad chopper?

To use a salad chopper, start by placing all of your ingredients in a large bowl. Then, use the chopper to chop and mix the ingredients together until they are evenly distributed. Be sure to use a gentle rocking motion to avoid over-mixing and creating a mushy texture. You can also use a fork to help separate any stuck pieces.

2. Why are there still chunks in my salsa when using a salad chopper?

If there are still chunks in your salsa when using a salad chopper, it could be due to the type of ingredients you are using. Try using softer ingredients, such as ripe tomatoes and avocados, which will be easier to chop. You can also try cutting your ingredients into smaller pieces before using the chopper.

3. How can I get my chicken to shred better with a salad chopper?

To get your chicken to shred better with a salad chopper, be sure to use cooked chicken that is still warm. This will make it easier to chop and shred. You can also try cutting the chicken into smaller pieces before using the chopper, or using a fork to help separate the chicken as you chop.

4. What could be causing my salad chopper to not work as well as before?

There are a few possible reasons for your salad chopper not working as well as before. It could be due to dull blades, which can be sharpened or replaced. It could also be due to overfilling the chopper or using too much pressure while chopping. Make sure to only chop small amounts of ingredients at a time and use a gentle rocking motion.

5. How can I maintain my salad chopper to ensure it works properly?

To maintain your salad chopper, make sure to clean it thoroughly after each use. This will prevent any buildup of food particles that could affect its performance. Also, be sure to sharpen or replace the blades when they become dull. Store your chopper in a dry place to prevent rusting and always use it according to the manufacturer's instructions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
rlombas
Replies
Views
tabnat80
  • teresah551393
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
jaxsonson