• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can You Use a Salad Chopper for Carrots? Find Out Here!

In summary, the conversation is discussing the use of a Salad Chopper for chopping carrots and celery, as the Veggie Slicer is currently not available. The person asking the question is wondering if the Salad Chopper is strong enough for carrots. Others in the conversation have used the Salad Chopper for carrots and have had success, but one person prefers to use a Food Processor. The Veggie Slicer is expected to be back in stock before Christmas.
kam
Staff member
I feel silly even asking this...

I use my Salad choppers for lots of stuff, but never celery or carrots.

With the Veggie Slicer not being available I have someone who is questioning using the Salad Chopper for carrots (and celery). (They originally wanted the Veggie Slicer.)

Is the Salad Chopper strong enough for carrots?

To be honest, I thought the Veggie Slicer was really hard to use to get through carrots. I tested it when I first got it just to see how it would work and determined I would continue to use my Food Processor for carrots. I honestly forgot about the Salad Chopper.

THANKS!!!

I think the one time I used the salad chopper for carrots it was at a show. A guest wanted to know if it would work on carrots. I stuck a carrot in there, sliced and sent half a carrot flying through the room, landing behind the sofa. So yes, it chops through carrots :rolleyes: You definitely have to use muscles to slice carrots with the salad chopper. I don't like the veggie slicer and have only used it for celery so can't compare to carrots.

I just saw on the back order status that the back ordered veggie slicers will ship to arrive before Xmas. Maybe it will come off of stop sell by Jan. 1.

Ihave used the salad chopper on carrots, when i put all of the salad fixins in the bowl then "choppy choppy". They were baby carrots, but i think it worked better than using the veggie slicer. Hated THAT thing.

kam said:
I feel silly even asking this...

I use my Salad choppers for lots of stuff, but never celery or carrots.

With the Veggie Slicer not being available I have someone who is questioning using the Salad Chopper for carrots (and celery). (They originally wanted the Veggie Slicer.)

Is the Salad Chopper strong enough for carrots?

To be honest, I thought the Veggie Slicer was really hard to use to get through carrots. I tested it when I first got it just to see how it would work and determined I would continue to use my Food Processor for carrots. I honestly forgot about the Salad Chopper.

THANKS!!!

I have & still use almost daily & at shows my salad chopper. I have sold over 200 of them. I have used carrots,celery,potatoes,onions,chicken,turkey,tomatoes,olives etc....just make sure you use the batter bowl or another deep bowl when cutting certain veggies. :D One of my all time favorite products! :D

Hi there! Don't feel silly at all for asking this question. It's always good to clarify and make sure you're using your tools correctly. The Salad Chopper is actually a great tool for chopping carrots and celery. It is strong enough to handle these vegetables and will give you a nice, even chop. I personally use it for all my vegetable chopping needs and have never had any issues with it. I'm glad you remembered about the Salad Chopper and I'm sure it will work great for you as well. Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Happy cooking!

What is a salad chopper and how does it work?

A salad chopper is a kitchen tool that is specifically designed for chopping and mixing salads. It typically consists of two curved blades that are joined at one end and can be used to chop ingredients directly in a bowl or on a cutting board. To use it, simply place your ingredients in a bowl or on a cutting board and use the chopper in a rocking motion to chop and mix them together.

Is a salad chopper safe to use on delicate ingredients like lettuce?

Yes, a salad chopper is safe to use on delicate ingredients like lettuce. The blades are designed to be sharp enough to chop through tougher ingredients, but not so sharp that they will damage delicate greens. However, it is always important to use caution when handling sharp objects in the kitchen.

Can a salad chopper be used for other types of food?

While a salad chopper is specifically designed for chopping and mixing salads, it can also be used for other types of food. It is great for chopping herbs, fruits, vegetables, and even cooked meats. However, it is not recommended for use on hard or frozen ingredients.

How do I clean and maintain my salad chopper?

Cleaning and maintaining your salad chopper is easy. Simply rinse it off with warm water and mild soap after each use. Make sure to dry it thoroughly before storing it away. You can also use a small brush or toothpick to remove any food particles stuck in between the blades. It is also recommended to periodically sharpen the blades to ensure optimal performance.

Can I put my salad chopper in the dishwasher?

Yes, most salad choppers are dishwasher safe. However, it is always best to check the manufacturer's instructions before putting it in the dishwasher. Some salad choppers may have parts that are not dishwasher safe or may need to be disassembled before placing in the dishwasher.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• 1PamperedMommy
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
sushimommy
  • mom4angela
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • kam