• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is There a Trick to Using the Salad Chopper?

In summary, the Salad Chopper can be difficult to use if the red tab is not in the correct position. It should be flat out, not flipped back up. Users with small hands may also have trouble using it, and those with arthritis may find it easier to chop with the blades pointing down and using an up and down motion. However, when used correctly, the chopper is effective for chopping a variety of ingredients.
cheflorraine
Gold Member
I was so excited to order myself a Salad Chopper after everything I've read about it, but I found it so hard to push. I literally had to use both hands to chop through romaine lettuce, and after I was done, my hands were definitely sore. I also tried it on chicken, but again, it was a two-handed effort.
I am doing something wrong, or is there something wrong with my chopper??

Help!

I'm guessing there's something wrong! It shouldn't be that tough! Maybe you should call HO and get a different one...

You either have a defective one or the red tab is getting in the way. The tab that keeps the handles closed needs to be flat out, not flipped back up as if it were locked.

I have to send mine back for a replacement too. I was talking to a cluster-mate, and mentioned that they "mush" more than cut...she said "That's not right, send them back." Apparently her first pair did that too, then she replaced them and they were great.Definitely shouldn't be two-hand tough (unless you have arthritis or really weak hands of course).

I always have to use 2 hands, but I attribute that to the fact that my hands are about as big as my 6 yr old's....
I do explain that at shows as well. My hands aren't sore after using them though....

It should not be a 2 handed job, so it's probably the latch or defective as stated above.

I have arthritis and I chop with them in an up position....my hands don't get tired that way. blades pointing down, fingers in the "loop" handle and thumb on the other...squeeze to chop...kind of like that spring machine they use for physical therapy. Not sure if it makes sense.

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
It should not be a 2 handed job, so it's probably the latch or defective as stated above.

I have arthritis and I chop with them in an up position....my hands don't get tired that way. blades pointing down, fingers in the "loop" handle and thumb on the other...squeeze to chop...kind of like that spring machine they use for physical therapy. Not sure if it makes sense.

Perfect explanation.....that is how I use them. I guess because I have only used them to cut chicken, which is always in the batter bowl or DCB.....the up position is the only way to do it.

Thanks for the suggestions - I tried it again today, and used that 'up' position, and it was working much, much better. I even chopped a cucumber with it, and it worked just fine. I'm definitely going to try salsa next and see how that goes...

Yay! So glad...let me know when you do the salsa! =)

When I use mine, I hold them backwards so that the blades are closest to me and the scoop/guard is on the other side, grasp with my thumb on the trigger, point down and scoop towards me and chop. I love them!

What is the Salad Chopper and how does it work?

The Salad Chopper is a kitchen tool designed to quickly and efficiently chop vegetables and other ingredients for salads. It works by using two sharp blades that chop ingredients as you rock the chopper back and forth.

Why are customers experiencing disappointment with the Salad Chopper?

Some customers have experienced disappointment with the Salad Chopper because they may not be using it correctly or they may have unrealistic expectations for its performance. The Salad Chopper is best for chopping soft ingredients like lettuce, cucumbers, and tomatoes, and may not work as well with harder ingredients like carrots or nuts.

Can the Salad Chopper be used on any type of bowl or container?

Yes, the Salad Chopper can be used on any type of bowl or container as long as it is not too shallow. The blades are designed to fit most bowls and containers, making it a versatile tool for salad preparation.

How do I clean and maintain my Salad Chopper?

The Salad Chopper can be easily cleaned by handwashing with warm soapy water and drying thoroughly. The blades can also be removed for more thorough cleaning. To maintain the sharpness of the blades, it is recommended to avoid chopping hard ingredients and to handwash instead of putting it in the dishwasher.

What is the return policy for the Salad Chopper?

At Pampered Chef, we stand behind the quality of our products. If you are not satisfied with your Salad Chopper, you can return it within 30 days for a full refund or exchange. Please keep in mind that the Salad Chopper must be in its original packaging and in new condition for a full refund.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Staci
  • avelissar
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • lesliec
  • Products and Tips
Replies