• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Use a Spinner for Pasta & Grease? - Help Quick!

In summary, the customer is asking if she can use her spinner for pasta and getting excess grease out of cooked hamburger. It is possible to use the spinner for both purposes, as long as the meat is rinsed before spinning. The slots in the spinner may be too big for ground beef or spaghetti, but it can be used for larger pasta shapes. It is also recommended to use paper towels to absorb the excess grease. However, it is not recommended to use the spinner for fatty ground beef as it may damage the spinner and cause the grease to gum up the works. It is safer to use a stainless colander for removing excess grease from ground beef.
yoyo284
I need help quick! I have a customer who wants to know if she can use her spinner for pasta and for getting excess grease out of cooked hamburger. I have no idea. Would the heat melt the baskets?

I've used it for pasta. Never tried it for hamburger. Since it's dishwasher safe, I doubt it would melt- assuming she's rinsing both to get the extra starch (pasta) and grease (meat) off.So I don't see why it couldn't! Definitely is worth the money- just in the money saved on produce alone in my house!!

The slots are too big for ground beef or spaghetti. It would fall through. I do use mine for larger pasta shapes - like Rotini for pasta salad. It works great to get the water out, so that you don't have watery pasta salad!Unless she did what I do for frozen spinach....lay a couple paper towels in the basket, and then put in the meat, and spin. The paper towels soak up the liquid.The usual method for removing excess grease from ground beef is to rinse it - and for that, I would recommend the new stainless colander set.

I have spun the excess grease out of my 93% lean ground beef (no grease came out of it when I drained it). And there were no particles of beef in the bowl afterwards. I got 1/4 cup of fat (and probably some juices too). You could see the fat, it was yellow (good ole Iowa corn-fed beef!). I was really amazed. I have shared this at my shows too. Now, if you chop it super fine with your mix 'n chop, then maybe you might get some particles of ground beef, but all in all it works great.
Deb

Pasta: YES, esp. if you are doing Rigatoni, rotini or anything but spaghetti. The hot water will not damage the collander. (Got that answer from the test kitchens at HO.Ground beef: Personally, I would not reccomend it, esp. if the meat is fatty. Not only b/c of the issue of the meat coming through the grates (you can fix that issue by lining the basket with a paper towel) but because I personally don't like that much grease gumming up the works. I also don't like the idea of putting hot grease in ANYTHING plastic.

1. Can I use a spinner for cooking pasta?

Yes, you can use a spinner for cooking pasta. The spinner can help evenly distribute the pasta and prevent it from sticking together. Just make sure to follow the cooking instructions and use the appropriate amount of water.

2. Can I use a spinner for draining grease from cooked meat?

Yes, you can use a spinner for draining grease from cooked meat. Simply place the cooked meat in the spinner and spin it to remove excess grease. Make sure to use caution when handling hot liquids.

3. Can I use a spinner for removing excess water from vegetables?

Yes, you can use a spinner for removing excess water from vegetables. This is a great way to quickly dry washed vegetables before cooking or using in salads. Just make sure to clean the spinner thoroughly before and after use.

4. Is it safe to use a spinner for hot liquids?

It is generally safe to use a spinner for hot liquids, but it is important to use caution and follow the manufacturer's instructions. Make sure the spinner is made of heat-resistant materials and handle it carefully to avoid burns or spills.

5. Can I put my spinner in the dishwasher?

It depends on the material of your spinner. Most spinners can be safely cleaned in the dishwasher, but it is always best to check the manufacturer's instructions first. If your spinner cannot be put in the dishwasher, make sure to clean it thoroughly by hand after each use.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• doughmama
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
Replies
Views
hperschnick
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef