• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking With Frozen Spinach: Answers to Your Questions

In summary, the smaller basket works just great with (thawed) frozen spinach - used it for a Greek Torta demo once! :)
dragonflyz
Has anyone tried frozen spinach? I had a customer ask me the other day...not sure if it would 'seep' through the holes or not...

That's a good question. I would be interested in finding out also.

The smaller basket works just great with (thawed) frozen spinach - used it for a Greek Torta demo once! :)

erin.tpc said:
The smaller basket works just great with (thawed) frozen spinach - used it for a Greek Torta demo once! :)

I do the same. Works great!

I use it all the time for this. I also put up alot of vegetables in the summer, and use this to spin out my blanched produce (broc, spinach, kale, etc).

I think I heard somewhere that you should line the basket with paper towels before doing frozen spinach, that way the food wouldn't go everywhere. I haven't tried it myself though.

It's also really great for draining macaroni when making macaroni salad. Some pop through the holes but not enough to deter from doing it.

Well ... when do ... stupid question ... is it safe to pour boiling water into the collander? I don't mind spinning the pasta in it but the actual draining part makes me nervous.

Frozen spinach works great!!! I agree!! No need for paper towels! It is great for the greek torta!
Nicole

pamperedmomto3 said:
It's also really great for draining macaroni when making macaroni salad. Some pop through the holes but not enough to deter from doing it.

Speaking of this, Feriale Yan shared with us that if you spin your pasta before making a salad it won't get all bloated up, etc. She also suggested you spin your potatoes before making potato salad.

Potato Salad... YUMMMMMMMMMM

Last edited:
I love Spinach dip, make it all the time, and the Salad Spinner is worth it's weight in gold for getting spinach juice out of frozen, thawed spinach (or should that be thawed frozen spinach?, LOL)

Nanisu said:
I love Spinach dip, make it all the time, and the Salad Spinner is worth it's weight in gold for getting spinach juice out of frozen, thawed spinach (or should that be thawed frozen spinach?, LOL)

Ok, so what's the tip for this?? I hate trying to squeeze the water out of spinach. Haven't made stuff shells in a long time because of this.

I used the frozen CHOPPED spinach and it wanted to come through the holes when I spun it. I ended up lining the colander with paper towels and it worked great!

PamperChefCarol said:
Ok, so what's the tip for this?? I hate trying to squeeze the water out of spinach. Haven't made stuff shells in a long time because of this.

If you don't have the salad spinner, throw your spinach into a clean kitchen towel, roll up, and wring it out like it's a wash cloth! That's how I normally dry my spinach....and it works great!

btw...if you know anyone on the Renal/Dialysis diet, the Spinner is a real plus! Some of the veggies on the Renal Diet are shredded or sliced, then soaked before cooking.

What are the benefits of cooking with frozen spinach?

Frozen spinach is a convenient and budget-friendly option for adding greens to your meals. It is already washed, chopped, and blanched, making it ready to use. It also has a longer shelf life compared to fresh spinach.

How do I properly thaw frozen spinach?

The best way to thaw frozen spinach is to transfer it from the freezer to the refrigerator the night before you plan to use it. If you need to thaw it quickly, you can also place it in a microwave-safe bowl and use the defrost setting for a few minutes.

Can I use frozen spinach in recipes that call for fresh spinach?

Yes, you can substitute frozen spinach for fresh spinach in most recipes. Just make sure to thaw and drain the spinach before using it. Keep in mind that frozen spinach has a higher water content, so you may need to adjust the recipe accordingly.

How do I prevent frozen spinach from becoming watery?

To prevent frozen spinach from becoming watery, make sure to thoroughly drain it after thawing. You can also squeeze out any excess water using a clean kitchen towel or paper towels. Another tip is to add the spinach towards the end of the cooking process to avoid excess moisture.

Can I refreeze cooked dishes that contain frozen spinach?

It is generally safe to refreeze cooked dishes that contain frozen spinach, as long as the dish was cooked to a safe temperature and not left at room temperature for an extended period. However, the texture and flavor may be slightly altered after being frozen twice.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • Mariaandcassy
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Admin Greg