• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's New for the Kitchen: Cookbook Stand Ideas

In summary, next season is rumored to include a cookbook stand, a bamboo spice rack, and a larger muffin stoneware piece.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
So I'm stuck at home today! Thought I would start something to see what everyone thought might be coming out new next season.

I really want a cookbook stand! I use one on my display to hold some of the cookbooks. Would be a good idea just to have one to be able to sell also!

I too have been wanting a cookbook stand forever! I also hope they come out with a bamboo spice rack to match our knife block. I would love to see a cookbook with just recipe for the DCB. And if they are going to have dots dishes then how about glasses and silverware to match-but not in dots, maybe just in matching solid colors.

Yes, a DCB cookbook would be AWESOME! Yes, I would like some more options in the SA as well...the dots are a little too specific a design color choice and the white is a little too blah...

I agree with the DCB Cookbook! I have people at every show ask me if we have one. Even if it was one of the smaller ones - like the grilling or appetizers cookbooks! I think if we had one, every person who bought the DCB would purchase one to go with it!

I would like a 9X13 Baking Pan! My current 9X13 pans are horrible so I would like to dispose of them just like I disposed of my old cookie sheets!!

Kelly8 said:
I too have been wanting a cookbook stand forever! I also hope they come out with a bamboo spice rack to match our knife block. I would love to see a cookbook with just recipe for the DCB. And if they are going to have dots dishes then how about glasses and silverware to match-but not in dots, maybe just in matching solid colors.

I agree with all of this!!! I have written down the cookbook stand at the last 2 conference's, and wrote down DCB cookbook this past conference. They HAVE to do the DCB cookbook eventually, it's a must in my mind!!!

I Love the Idea of a DCB cookbook..I keep thinking about that lately..also..a Bamboo Spice Rack would be great.

Lifeat50 said:
I would like a 9X13 Baking Pan! My current 9X13 pans are horrible so I would like to dispose of them just like I disposed of my old cookie sheets!!

Oh YES to this!!! Personally, I prefer my rectangular baker, but I have had at least 5 people ask for a metal 9x13 in the last month or two.

I'd like to see a spice rack too ... but on a lazy susan like the tool turn about! :D

Sheila said:
I'd like to see a spice rack too ... but on a lazy susan like the tool turn about! :D

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE that!

Sheila said:

I agree with the lazy susan type..but would still love for it to be bamboo..because I think the bamboo looks so nice

I have a lazy susan but it's flat ... maybe something with sides so it's easier to transport? Or just a spice rack?My money is on a chilzanne replacement, and that it's going to be the recruiting incentive.

I have people requesting a bamboo recipe box for hwc cards and dinner in no time cards.
also large muffin stoneware piece. My DH would like a single coffee maker or good coffee.
I want a flexible flat splatula like rachael rays that is thin enough for eggs!

I like the TTA-esque spice rack idea, but I put forth the idea that it be brushed stainless like the SA stands. :)Every few months, I send a note to HO with some suggestions, and it almost always includes a stainless teakettle and a SA teapot (a pudgy little round one that follows the same form factor as the coffee and more cups). But those are both more "winter" items, so they're not likely to be in the new Spring stuff.FYI- I had lunch a couple of weeks ago with my NED and she said to absolutely send product ideas/suggestions/requests to HO. We've been getting so many restyled items because frankly HO can't always think of other new things to add to the line.

chefann said:
I like the TTA-esque spice rack idea, but I put forth the idea that it be brushed stainless like the SA stands. :)

Every few months, I send a note to HO with some suggestions, and it almost always includes a stainless teakettle and a SA teapot (a pudgy little round one that follows the same form factor as the coffee and more cups). But those are both more "winter" items, so they're not likely to be in the new Spring stuff.

FYI- I had lunch a couple of weeks ago with my NED and she said to absolutely send product ideas/suggestions/requests to HO. We've been getting so many restyled items because frankly HO can't always think of other new things to add to the line.

Sometimes it does amaze me of the suggestions they come out with! To come out with 20-40 new products twice a year!

Tongs for the ice bucket
DCB Cookbook
Weekday Dinners Done card set Vol. 2
10" Exec. Skillet in open stock
Oven rack guards/covers (to prevent burning your wrists.....)

This has been posted before, but I'd like a cover that fits over the Simple Additions® Large Round Platter.

straitfan said:
Tongs for the ice bucket
DCB Cookbook
Weekday Dinners Done card set Vol. 2
10" Exec. Skillet in open stock
Oven rack guards/covers (to prevent burning your wrists.....)

I use the 1/2 cup from the new measuring cup set. Works great until a set of tongs can be brought forth. :D

I would love to see a spice rack...and better labels for our spices. A recipe box would be wonderful...in bamboo. I would also like to see more "down to earth" recipes...I would say country style...simple that uses ingredients that everyone has in their kitchens. I would love to see the egg slicer plus be restyled. Would love for the can opener to get a black handle to match our other tools. I would love to see a long waist apron for us...I never use my apron at shows because they just don't fit right. I use a waist apron like a waitress would wear...black...it has 3 pockets...but I would like to find one a little longer with deeper pockets. A sugar bowl would be nice.

What I don't want to see is more colors of stoneware or SA and/or tons of restyled tools...I have finally gotten rid of all my blue and green stoneware and have pulled a lot of SA out of the closet to use for gifts. I never used them because I didn't like the colors.

My wish list:

- a pasta insert for the stainless steel cookware
- a redesigned microplane that isn't so easy to break
- more grill baskets (especially one with a lid for shaking)
- a good quality digital kitchen scale
- miniture version of the springform pan (love the glass bottom)
- cookbook holder in bamboo
- individual size stoneware pie plates

love love love the idea of a dcb cookbook and more dinner cards (and a bamboo card box to put them in....along with the hundreds of product use and care cards I have)

I would like to see the return of the Stoneware Pie Plate. I have so many people requesting that size. Also, for those that don't buy our stoneware, how about a metal muffin pan to go along with the collection of bakeware.

I would LOVE tumblers to go with the dots AND square SA and love the idea of different colored ones to match the dots, maybe offer a set four of all one solid color, and or a set of one of each color.

Bigger grilling basket, maybe one that could flip.
Agree on the spice rack.
Bring back some cooking with kids stuff.
A bigger SS Whisk so stuff doesn't get stuck inside, or wires farther apart.
A garlic roaster thing
More dinner cards!!

Sandi

cochef said:
I would like to see the return of the Stoneware Pie Plate. I have so many people requesting that size. Also, for those that don't buy our stoneware, how about a metal muffin pan to go along with the collection of bakeware.

Tell me about it...if they offered the metal muffin pan (full size, not the mini like we already have), I could sell at least half a dozen right off the bat (I've had three people ask me about one in the last month, just randomly). I've tried selling them on the virtues of the stoneware muffin pan, but they think it's just too heavy for them (and they make a good point, since it's a weighty item).

I'm on board for a cookbook stand, a spice rack/caddy of some kind, tongs for the ice bucket and a lid for the large round SA platter. I'd also like to see a bamboo napkin holder to go with our grinder stand, but I know that might seem frivolous. And how happy would I be to see a DCB cookbook like some of the other people who have already posted! :)

I pretty much agree with everyone here. :)At Conference, when I took a HO tour, I went through the Test Kitchens and spoke w/ one of the Chef's there. I asked him about a DCB cookbook. He gave me a look that, to me, implied that they are currently working on it. I just wonder how long it'll take them to get it out. :)For us consultants, I'd love some type of way to transport all the spices--so a spice rack of some sort would be great. In my home, I'd prefer a Brushed SS (like our other stands) lazy susan style for in my cupboards. Or a bamboo stand/rack to sit on the counter would be nice, too. It would be pretty, but I think the brushed SS would hold up better over time.I REALLY need a solution to covering a cake when it's on our SA round plate, something that looks nice and would be secure enough for transporting cakes around.

cochef said:

ME TOO!!! Not for other people, but for myself! Many of the pies I make, I don't want deep dish. I want a regular pie size, so I find myself reaching for one of my old glass or tin pie plates. Then, I take a pie plate someplace, and get besieged with questions on why I'm not using the PC pie stone...:rolleyes:

ChefBeckyD said:
ME TOO!!! Not for other people, but for myself! Many of the pies I make, I don't want deep dish. I want a regular pie size, so I find myself reaching for one of my old glass or tin pie plates. Then, I take a pie plate someplace, and get besieged with questions on why I'm not using the PC pie stone...:rolleyes:

Why don't you still have the old pie plate? Or, didn't you ever have it? I gave mine away or sold it in a garage sale. I'm not a pie maker, so I didn't see the need for that one and the deep dish. Sorry, I would have given you mine. :)

I would like a scale, too. I use my old PC one all the time. A napkin holder would be nice and I'd love tumblers to match the stemware and martini glasses. But, I rarely sell the dots glasses. I'd just like the tumblers for myself.

I just saw Alton Brown using a tablespoon sized Measure-All cup. Now, that would be cool!

*I would like a case to carry the DCB where you could carry it clean and stored, or full of something like to a pot luck.
*A sleeve type pot holder for our skillets. The darn thing is so heavy I never can get a good grip and I ALWAYS forget that it is hot and go to touch it, so the sleeve would save me.
* I had other things but by the time I got to end of the thread I forgot.

I think the UK has a 6 muffin stone that has bigger muffin cups than ours.

JAE said:
Why don't you still have the old pie plate? Or, didn't you ever have it? I gave mine away or sold it in a garage sale. I'm not a pie maker, so I didn't see the need for that one and the deep dish. Sorry, I would have given you mine. :)

I would like a scale, too. I use my old PC one all the time. A napkin holder would be nice and I'd love tumblers to match the stemware and martini glasses. But, I rarely sell the dots glasses. I'd just like the tumblers for myself.

I never had the old pie plate - but I've seen other people's, and it was on the Outlet, but by the time I went to buy it, it was gone. :( I have several of the deep dish ones, from when they used to have new colors in stoneware every season, but I never use them for pies. I use them as casserole dishes, and also for Quiche.

I never had a scale either. I tried to order one from the Outlet, but never got it. (again - :() and I would LOVE a kitchen scale.

ChefBeckyD said:
I never had a scale either. I tried to order one from the Outlet, but never got it. (again - :() and I would LOVE a kitchen scale.

I don't like the old PC scale. It's not superbly accurate. When I need kitchen weights to be accurate, I actually use my postage scale. ;) It would be nice to see a decent digital scale added to the catalog.

I'd also like to see a wireless version of the old "leave the probe in" digital thermometer. I like those thermometers, because you don't have to leave the oven open while waiting for the display to come up to speed. And a wireless one would be useful for grilling.

I would love to see a garbage bowl. I have resisted buying the Rachel Ray bowl in hopes that PC will come out with one. I would also like divided plates with seal tight lids in the same material as the micro-cookers.

Maragib said:
*A sleeve type pot holder for our skillets. The darn thing is so heavy I never can get a good grip and I ALWAYS forget that it is hot and go to touch it, so the sleeve would save me.
I bought a 2 pack of pot holders at the dollar store (or tree); folded one of them in in half and sewed together one short side and the long side. Voila -- skillet handle pot holder. Haven't burned my forgetful hand since then. Not gorgeous but very functional. I looked at the kitchen scales the other night at Target. A nice accurate easy to store kitchen scale would be wonderful.​

Last edited:
nene960 said:
I would love to see a garbage bowl. I have resisted buying the Rachel Ray bowl in hopes that PC will come out with one. I would also like divided plates with seal tight lids in the same material as the micro-cookers.

WHAT is a garbage bowl? I know what it is - in that you put your garbage in it while cooking, etc...but a specific TOOL for it?? I just use a regular bowl- one of my extra mixing bowls or something (small SS bowl works well if not in use).

esavvymom said:
WHAT is a garbage bowl? I know what it is - in that you put your garbage in it while cooking, etc...but a specific TOOL for it?? I just use a regular bowl- one of my extra mixing bowls or something (small SS bowl works well if not in use).

LOL - that's what I do too - I use one of my SS bowls at all of my shows for garbage. Works great.

That's what I do, too - use the 8qt SS bowl, or one of the collapsable serving bowls. :) And since "garbage bowl" isn't a specific tool, it's just a nickname for a large bowl, it's a perfectly acceptable solution.

chefann said:
I don't like the old PC scale. It's not superbly accurate. When I need kitchen weights to be accurate, I actually use my postage scale. ;) It would be nice to see a decent digital scale added to the catalog.

The old scale is not accurate AT ALL. My DH wants a scale badly--he has gotten into baking and measuring your ingredients is much more precise.

Yeah...I always use a large bowl to put my "garbage" in. RR's Garbage Bowl is very expensive...lol. I wonder if that is all she uses it for.

I could do without more entertaining stuff. I just don't sell much. The coffee & more cups, yes b/c they are very useful size. I love them too, but don't sell so many of the other pieces. I enjoy having a collection, but don't need more (unless they come up with something better :) ).

I would love the DCB cookbook. It would be a nice free gift with purchase actually.

The digital thermometer, definitely. I get requests for those (plus it should be good for candy).

For us, I would like a way to transport a sample of spices (like we can get it pre-done and add more too it if necessary). I don't like bringing mine to a show and having people handle them. Same with my grinders so I feel like I need to buy another to bring to shows.

Odd size measuring cups. 1 1/2 cups, 2 cups. I have some and use them a lot! Same with odd spoons 2 teaspoon, 2 TB. They are all stainless steel, which is nice b/c they won't get scratched and have lasted very well.

People keep asking my about a splatter screen for the microwave.

For HWC, I want Twix-it clips in shades of pink and a pink i-slice!

a note about the spices. I went to Dollar Tree and purchased a 7-day pill box that was actually a double (am & pm). Then I put a sample of each spice and used my label maker to identify them. So, now the only full size spice I take is whatever I am actually using. I notice people open a lot more of them this way, and it kinda had me concerned that everyone was opening and sniffing spices that I actually used!

So do they spill at all though? Or are they careful with that? I like the idea though.

legacypc46 said:
- a pasta insert for the stainless steel cookware

my hubby just asked if we had this.

I would love to see the executive stockpots for open sale.

LeslieSGI said:
I bought a 2 pack of pot holders at the dollar store (or tree); folded one of them in in half and sewed together one short side and the long side. Voila -- skillet handle pot holder. Haven't burned my forgetful hand since then. Not gorgeous but very functional.

I looked at the kitchen scales the other night at Target. A nice accurate easy to store kitchen scale would be wonderful.​

When using cookware in the oven I always slip the oven mitt over the handle as soon as I set it on the stove top. That way we all know it's hot. It's too easy to forget and burn yourself (especially if you aren't the cook).

One thing I have wanted to see for some time now is a mini potholder. I have some that I picked up somewhere. It's oval with pockets on each end to put your fingers. It's perfect for picking up the lid from the DCB. I use it all the time at home but at shows I use one of our kitchen towels.

I would like covers for the rectangle baker.
Better covers for the batter bowls.
Agree with metal regular size cupcake pan.
And I wish they would have a julienne blade for the mandoline.
Medium SA round platter - The other one is too large for my use.and I use the 2 qt collapsible bowl for a garbage bowl at my shows. works great and doesn't take up a lot of room.

I also wish they would redesign our seasoning containers so that you can measure a teaspoon more easily. I always want to just dump the contents into another bowl so I can scoop and measure. :D Also, I wish the BBQ rub was sold in a larger size. I go through one thing so fast after just making a couple recipes w/ it.A cover for the rectangle baker would be so nice!And how about a vegetable brush of some sort?

I was thinking of a savory sprinkle the other day. Like for a garlic bread or something.

crystalscookingnow said:
I was thinking of a savory sprinkle the other day. Like for a garlic bread or something.

For garlic bread, I use the Parmesan-Garlic dipping seasoning with melted butter and brush it on. Although, it would be easier to just "sprinkle" on, what I've been using tastes heavenly!!!!

crystalscookingnow said:
pampcheflisa said:
For garlic bread, I use the Parmesan-Garlic dipping seasoning with melted butter and brush it on. Although, it would be easier to just "sprinkle" on, what I've been using tastes heavenly!!!!
I just spread butter on the bread, then sprinkle either the garlic parmesan or the sundried tomato herb and put it under the broiler for a few minutes. It is SO yummy and everyone loves it! :)

Oh yeah, I've come up with my own subs... just wanted something 'easy'... lol :D

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Cat2000
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
janetupnorth