• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Recipe Tasting Results: Which Spring/Summer 2009 recipes were the most popular?

In summary, the conversation is about reviewing various recipes from the Spring Summer 2009 Season's Best collection. The questions being answered pertain to the ease of preparation, its suitability for a show demo, any changes or additional information about the recipe, and how it can be used to get bookings. The recipes discussed include Mexican Chicken Lasagna, Casbah Chicken and Couscous, Chocolate Pecan Caramel Cakes, Tropical Torte with Fresh Pineapple, Lemony Gingertinis, Creamy Mojito Torte, California Club Pizza, Easy Tex Mex Roll-ups, Sun-dried Tomato and Sausage Risotto, Jalapeño Popper Pizzas, and Moroccan Hummus Cups. Overall, the recipes are relatively easy
janezapchef
Gold Member
I forgot to type these up until today (our meeting was almost a month ago!), but here they are. There's not a ton of info on any one recipe, but I thought I'd share the results here anyway...

Spring Summer 2009 Season’s Best Recipe Review
The questions being answered below are as follows…
1. Was the recipe easy to prepare?
2. Would it make a good show demo?
3. Are there any changes you would make to the recipe or is there any other information about the recipe that you’d like to share?
4. How would you use this recipe to get bookings?

Mexican Chicken Lasagna
1. Very easy to prepare.
2. Great for a show demo.
3. I baked the chicken in the oven on the large bar pan. I used the chopper to shred the chicken. You could also use Mexican cheese to change it up.
4. You could get bookings by having a fiesta or Mexican theme show. Also a quick and easy meal.

Casbah Chicken and Couscous
1. Yes, easy to prepare.
2. Yes, very simple and super fast.
3. I would want more mango and more of the rub. It is not as spicy as I’d like.
4. It cost only about $1.50 per serving (at Buehlers) – very filling for a family on a budget.

Chocolate Pecan Caramel Cakes
* forgot to line cups with sugar
1. Easy to prepare: Yes – the batter is pretty thick, but works well with scoop to put in prep bowls.
2. Uses a lot of tools – so in that sense it’s good for a demo, but clean up is messy.
3. If your cakes in the stoneware overflow, then this will too – will have to put less batter in each cup.
4. Looks very yummy, could take to any office or party and suggest a chocolate party. Also very fast to make at the last minute – most ingredients are things you have at home!

Tropical Torte with Fresh Pineapple
1. Yes, easy to prepare.
2. Would make a good show demo because it was easy to prepare.
3. I did not use frozen cake.
4. Try to build a theme around the name, like “Taste of the Tropics”.

Lemony Gingertinis
1. Easy to prepare & quick!
2. This would not make a good show demo because it does not require enough high-end products. Would suggest recipe to hostess for some theme show’s beverage though.
3. Used rainbow sherbet instead of lemon.
4. Suggest recipe to hostess to serve as an easy, refreshing cocktail for a summer themed cooking show.

Creamy Mojito Torte
1. Easy and fun to prepare
2. Probably a decent show recipe because it shows a lot of different products.
3. I used peppermint extract because I didn’t realize “mint extract” is something different. I thought it was pretty gross the way I made it, which was very disappointing! Probably much better with the right extract!
4. Get the torte pan set at 60% off as a host in March!

California Club Pizza
1. Very easy
2. Great show recipe – lots of tools used!
4. Feeds a lot of people!

Easy Tex Mex Roll-ups
1. Easy
2. Good show recipe
3. Add more beef to make more filling.
4. Theme with Mexican theme shows.

Sun-dried Tomato and Sausage Risotto
1. Easy to make.
2. I would have everything ready and take to the show. Then assemble and microwave at show. (Sausage could be browned at home and warmed in the microwave at the show.)
3. I would suggest buying sausage when it’s on sale, repackage and put in your freezer. I used mild Italian sausage. I bought julienne sliced sun-dried tomatoes at Marc’s – saved slicing (cost = $4.50/jar). I doubled the recipe so you have to adjust the microwave time and watch it.

Jalapeño Popper Pizzas
Easy to make with a mixer

Moroccan Hummus Cups
Easy

to makeFrozen Grasshopper PieEasy to make. Use a food processor to chop the cookies. I used a 9 inch springform pan.

to make – tasty! Would make a good show demo if you wanted to show off the mini-muffin pan and small scoop. Could also do a theme show called “Hummus and Pita Party”.

1. What were the overall top-rated recipes from the S/S 09 Recipe Tasting?

The top-rated recipes from the S/S 09 Recipe Tasting were the Pesto Chicken and Vegetable Skewers, the Strawberry Shortcake Trifle, the Grilled Garlic and Herb Pork Tenderloin, the Citrus and Herb Quinoa Salad, and the Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Bars.

2. Were there any new recipes introduced at the S/S 09 Recipe Tasting?

Yes, there were several new recipes introduced at the S/S 09 Recipe Tasting, including the Pesto Chicken and Vegetable Skewers, the Citrus and Herb Quinoa Salad, and the Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Bars.

3. How were the recipes selected for the S/S 09 Recipe Tasting?

The recipes for the S/S 09 Recipe Tasting were carefully chosen by our culinary team based on customer feedback, current food trends, and seasonal ingredients.

4. Can I find the recipes from the S/S 09 Recipe Tasting online?

Yes, all of the recipes from the S/S 09 Recipe Tasting can be found on our website under the "Recipes" section. You can also find them in our S/S 09 Recipe Tasting catalog.

5. Will any of the recipes from the S/S 09 Recipe Tasting be featured in upcoming Pampered Chef products?

We are always looking for new and delicious recipes to feature in our products, but at this time we cannot confirm if any of the recipes from the S/S 09 Recipe Tasting will be included in future product launches.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lesliec
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
lovenpc
  • nikki70563