• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Trying SS'07 Seasons Best Recipes at My Open House

In summary, the SS'07 Seasons Best recipes include the Rum Cake, Spiced Rum Cake, Aloha Pizza, and Shrimp Ceviche. The Rum Cake is difficult to cut, but the Spiced Rum Cake and Aloha Pizza were both popular. The Shrimp Ceviche is also popular, but may be easier to make if the cake is cut before the toppings are added.
ChefNic
What are your favorite recipes from the SS'07 Seasons Best?
I'm having an Open House (no demo) and want new recipes,
Is the Rum Cake hard to cut? Looks pretty, but I"m thinking with all the sliced mango on top...how pretty will it look to those who come in later?
And the Trifle Bowl, I'm thinking if I put something other than a trifle in it, it would show people how multi-useful it is...
TIA

my dir had mentioned using the trifle bowl for a huge shrimp ****tail - what about putting a layer of ice, then one of the prep bowls(for ****tail sauce), surrounded by more ice, and the shrimp hanging off - easy to refill for an open house.

cookin4rip said:
my dir had mentioned using the trifle bowl for a huge shrimp ****tail - what about putting a layer of ice, then one of the prep bowls(for ****tail sauce), surrounded by more ice, and the shrimp hanging off - easy to refill for an open house.

Great idea--sounds yummy!

I really like the aloha pizza and the jamican jerk salad (kid friendly version) they were both really good

I'm using the trifle bowl as a centerpiece for a booth on Saturday. I've got it set up on the stand, and then I placed gem-colored flat rocks/stones (got from Walmart) around a peachy colored candle. It looks really pretty. I did have the stand on the inside of the bowl as shown in the trifle display cards, but it looks better sitting on the stand w/just the candle and rocks IMO.
HTH

ChefNic said:
What are your favorite recipes from the SS'07 Seasons Best?
I'm having an Open House (no demo) and want new recipes,
Is the Rum Cake hard to cut? Looks pretty, but I"m thinking with all the sliced mango on top...how pretty will it look to those who come in later?
And the Trifle Bowl, I'm thinking if I put something other than a trifle in it, it would show people how multi-useful it is...
TIA
The run cake can take a little finessing to cut. Use the Hold 'N Slice, like in the video. And I used the Bread knife to cut it. It's a sharper blade than the Slice 'N Serve, so it cut through the fruit easier. If you use canned peaches or mango from a jar instead of the fresh mango, those are a little softer, so they're easier to cut, too.

I saw the Hold 'N Slice tip on the video...and I'll do that...but I think I should take your advice and go get the mango in the jar... The mangos at the store were either VERY HARD or VERY MUSHY... so I got a harder one...I can't imagine it being mango season in February... LOL

Does anyone have a flyer made up of the new S/S recipes?I have used flyers before of just the new recipes and if anyone has already created one or received one, could you share. I looked in the files section with no luck. Thanks in advance

Helen

I tried to attach the file.
I can never remember how I did it.
So it may have worked...??
If you don't have the flyer, I can email it to you.

Attachments

• Spring 2007 New Products.doc
    156 KB · Views: 344
Ooo!! It did!

I made the Spiced Rum Cake for my open house...along with the Spicy Shrimp Ceviche...
The rum cake was WONDERFUL...everyone loved it! But it was falling apart and a mess when I cut it...the fruit on top didn't give me a hard time, it was the whole thing. It wasn't a nice piece of cake on a plate... but it tasted great...
The Shrimp Ceviche -everyone loved them! They are very cute...and I think as long as you cut the slits long enough (I cut them about 1 1/2 inches in) they are very easy to do. --- Considering making them at all my March shows...but I just did the Shrimp Wonton Cups...and they are too similar for the guests who were just at Feb shows...
hmmm...

I made the Aloha Pizza last night for dinner...everyone liked it... my husband said the more he ate the more he liked it... I just didn't think it was 'WOW Good'...

I don't know how well it would work with the rum cake, but some times people cut cakes with dental floss, so the pieces still look pretty. You put the floss through and slide it out at the bottom (don't slide it back out the top, that defeats the purpose). You can just use the same string of floss for the whole cake.

OR

How about cutting the cake before you put the toppings on it? It might be easier. It may be worth trying. But, I'm extremely tired and I might not be making any sense to anyone else but myself.

I made the Dulce De Leche for a cluster meeting....delicious! and very easy too....well after you finish fighting with the philo dough they are....

1. What are the top-selling recipes in the SS'07 Seasons Best Catalog?

The top-selling recipes in the SS'07 Seasons Best Catalog include the Mini Herb and Cheese Tarts, Creamy Dill Dip, Chocolate Caramel Brownies, Cranberry Pecan Chicken Salad, and Cinnamon Streusel Coffee Cake.

2. Can I make substitutions for ingredients in the recipes?

Yes, you can make substitutions for ingredients in the recipes to fit your dietary preferences or restrictions. Be sure to check the recipe for suggested substitutions or do some research on alternative ingredients that would work well in the recipe.

3. Are there any gluten-free or vegan recipes in the SS'07 Seasons Best Catalog?

Yes, there are several gluten-free and vegan recipes in the SS'07 Seasons Best Catalog. Look for the green leaf symbol next to the recipe title to indicate a gluten-free recipe and the green leaf with a heart symbol for vegan recipes.

4. What kitchen tools will I need to make the recipes?

Most of the recipes in the SS'07 Seasons Best Catalog can be made using basic kitchen tools such as mixing bowls, measuring cups and spoons, and a baking sheet. However, some recipes may require specific tools such as a mandoline or a pie crust shield. Make sure to read through the recipe beforehand to determine what tools you will need.

5. Can I purchase the ingredients for the recipes through Pampered Chef?

No, Pampered Chef does not sell ingredients for the recipes in the SS'07 Seasons Best Catalog. However, you can purchase the necessary kitchen tools and accessories to make the recipes through Pampered Chef.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Hunter Mom
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
PamperedPeggy
  • pampchefrhondab
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
ChefPaulaB
  • esavvymom