• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Can I Make My First Fair Booth a Success?

In summary, the conversation discusses tips and ideas for participating in a fair booth for Pampered Chef. The main suggestion is to have a creative and attractive booth set up, with flyers and recipe cards to attract people. The presenter also suggests offering a free recipe as a way to engage with potential customers. Additionally, there is a discussion about how to handle the raffle and follow-up with contacts made at the fair. The conversation also includes a suggestion to modify the drawing form to make it more clear for customers.
zeuss
I am about to do my first fair booth. An upline director has rented the space and provides the products, we just rent time slots from her. I have no idea what to do. I was reading on one of the threads last week about fair booth ideas. There was one that suggested having french bread pieces and demonstrating the Oil Dipping Set with oil and different herbs in the small petite squares. There were also some tips on how to set up your booth and how to run it. I can't find the thread now that it was on. Does anyone have any suggestions?? I am sooooo nervous! This is way out of my comfort zone!

Fair booths are SUCH a great way to get more comfortable chatting it up about PC AND to get your name out there. When is the booth? It's at such a great time right now because you can promote the new products and new catalogs. Have people sign up on your mailing list so you can send them the new catalogs. Yes, you're putting some expense into it but you'll have their contact info in return. Don't hand out new catalogs! If you have any old ones or someone else does, those are good to hand out if someone MUST have a catalog. I'm sure there are some great suggestions out here on what to say. I like saying "Are you familiar with Pampered Chef?" as an opening. Make flyers with a recipe on it, as well as other PC info (like about hosting or the oppty) and as people walk by your booth, try to make eye contact and ask "Would you like a free recipe from THe Pampered Chef?" Then people will want your flyer.

Just have fun with it! It gets easier the more you do it!! :)

Here is some information our Cluster uses for our fairs. It's a nice check list of things to bring and ettique of sharing the booth with other consultants. I also found a flyer we used/modified and added a recruiting info one the other side. Don't use anything that would date the flyer like specials, this way here you can use it again and save money. :)

Attachments

• Welcome to the County Fair THings to do.doc
    41.5 KB · Views: 796
  • Fairs letters 2005.doc
    30.5 KB · Views: 999
Excellent! Thanks.

Here's what I do.Generally, my director rents the booth, and provides all of the products and any raffle prizes. The 2-3 hour slots are rented and my costs covers a portion of the total rental and any expenses related to the raffle. I always bring old catalogs and out of date celebration recipe cards with my info on them. These are a great way to attract people to the booth. Most everyone will take a free recipe. I also always bring at least 3 host packets, recruiting packets and my calendar. I use customized drawing slips (which I think I have attached orignally created in Excel) for entry into the raffle. I use my stamp to stamp the back then you know which contacts are yours and which are your partners.

At the end of each shift, each consultant draws one of their slips and emails that name to the director. At the end of the festival, the director draws one name from all received and that person wins the raffle.

I follow-up with all contacts and let them know that they may not have won the grand prize drawing, but they did win a free Kitchen show. Another thing I have done is the kitchen show in a bag. If customer books a show during my shift, I give them a bag that includes 10-15 plates, cups, napkins and plasticware for their show. Another way to show the host I do everything all they need to do is provide a space for me and allow us into their home.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• PC Drawing Slip.pdf
    9.4 KB · Views: 950
Here is a better version of my drawing formHere is the last version of the drawing form that I am using.

Attachments

• Festival Survey Form.doc
    20.5 KB · Views: 584
Shari,

That looks real nice. But, I do have one suggestion. Customers and people off the street are not going to know what the line that says Appetizer fast family meal dessert means unless you head it with What kind of theme show would you like to do? or something like that. It is just a suggestion :)

chefloriray said:
Shari,

That looks real nice. But, I do have one suggestion. Customers and people off the street are not going to know what the line that says Appetizer fast family meal dessert means unless you head it with What kind of theme show would you like to do? or something like that. It is just a suggestion :)
Thanks for the advice. It has not been a problem to date and I usually do at least a dozen fairs/festivals a year.

Where do I find fairs?I would love to do craft fairs this year, but I'm not sure where to look to get involved. How can I find out where the fairs/bazaars will be, and who to contact? Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Look HereTry your local chamber of commerce or visitors bureau. They should have a calendar of events in your area.

We have a weekley little newspaper type flyer with all sorts of ads in it. I found 3 craft fairs listed this week. Check the calender part of your local newspaper as well. Most churches do a craft show around the fall or closer to christmas as well ! :)

question about fairs--morning afterI'm new to PC and am looking at doing a booth at our local county fair...I've seen lots of great ideas, suggestions, and advice here, so I thought I would ask: What is the "You've won a free kitchen show?". I guess I'm a little confused as to how a person wins a free kitchen show when all they have to do is ask to host one or book one through another host's party. Is there something different that is done from a regular kitchen show booking? Thanks!

mypamperedmoocow said:
I'm new to PC and am looking at doing a booth at our local county fair...I've seen lots of great ideas, suggestions, and advice here, so I thought I would ask: What is the "You've won a free kitchen show?". I guess I'm a little confused as to how a person wins a free kitchen show when all they have to do is ask to host one or book one through another host's party. Is there something different that is done from a regular kitchen show booking? Thanks!
It is a regular kitchen show booking but the difference is that you (the consultant) provides the ingredients for the recipe and maybe the paper products. It doesn't cost the host any $$ so it's "free". AND the host still gets the $15 hospitality bonus from PC for opening her house for the party.

The light goes off!!Oh! I see! I get it now...duh! Why didn't I figure that one out? Thanks for clarifiying for me, Beth...I kept seeing the "You won a free kitchen show" mentioned on several threads, but I could never understand how that worked. Now it makes sense to me. I'll have to keep that one in mind for when I do my Open House and County Fair.

1. How do I set up an attractive booth for a fair?

Creating an attractive booth is all about presentation. Make sure to use colorful tablecloths, display your products in an organized and eye-catching manner, and add some height to your display with shelves or risers. Additionally, make sure to have samples available for customers to try and plenty of business cards or flyers for them to take with them.

2. How can I make my booth stand out among others at the fair?

One way to make your booth stand out is by offering a demonstration or cooking class using your products. This will attract attention and allow potential customers to see your products in action. You can also offer special deals or promotions that are exclusive to the fair, which will entice customers to visit your booth.

3. What types of products should I feature at a fair booth?

It's important to have a variety of products on display at your booth. Consider featuring popular and seasonal items, as well as new or unique products that customers may not have seen before. It's also a good idea to have a mix of products at different price points to appeal to a wider range of customers.

4. How can I effectively engage with customers at the fair?

Engaging with customers is key to making sales at a fair booth. Smile and greet customers as they pass by, and be prepared to answer any questions they may have about your products. Offering samples or demos can also help to engage customers and keep them interested in your products.

5. What are some tips for successfully selling products at a fair booth?

Aside from having an attractive booth and engaging with customers, it's important to have a positive attitude and be knowledgeable about your products. Be prepared to answer any questions and offer suggestions or recommendations based on customers' needs. It's also a good idea to have plenty of inventory and a way for customers to make purchases, such as a mobile payment system or cash box.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefChillFL
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
ChefChillFL
Replies
Views
wcsis
  • katie0128
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies