• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Targeting RV and Trailer Parks for Cooking Shows | Tips and Strategies

In summary, the key to getting more bookings is to ask around and find events that are coming up in the area. Also, be prepared to hand out a catalog and do a demo.
LakesideMom
Hello fellow cheffers!

I've searched the forums and I can't find anything about getting into RV Parks or Trailer Parks. Has anyone targeted parks before?

I live in an area where there are a lot of trailer and RV parks. Some people are seasonal and others are here year round. What's nice is that most have a recreation room that could be used for cooking shows. Several of the senior parks also have an activities coordinator. I really want to explore getting some bookings but I'm not sure how to approach it.

I was thinking of using the approach some have used with realtors. Maybe bake some cookies or make some 2-step fudge and drop by with a catalog and offer a cooking show.

Any ideas??

I haven't personally done this but I think using that approach is perfect, what could it hurt...

The key to getting more bookings is asking, ask everyone you can think of...I see that you are thinking outside of the box and that is great, just talk to everyone you can about PC!

This is a great idea. I just had a customer that purchase almost $200.00 in product to fill her RV home. Two weeks later, she place another order for an additonal $75.00! Good luck.

I do RV rallies with my recruiter. I attend the Holiday Ramblers group. I would suggest calling the activity coordinator at each park and asking about rallies. I went for two days. The first day I didn't sell anything and then on the second day we did a demo and had about 30 people show up. Between the both of us we only sold $600 BUT it didn't cost us anything to be there. I will be doing a week long rally in October. The problem is Many of the people wanted us to have stock(mary kay and tupperware were there and they had stuff to sell right then and there). The only problem you are going to run into with the ones who live in the park is that they don't have a home which means they don't have a permanent address which means they can't have anything delivered to them. You would have to have the show sent to your home and seperate it and personally deliver it.

If you have any more questions i may be able to help....

BTW, the mary kay lady that was at the last rally does it fulltime only at the rallies and she sold almost 40,000 last year... I thought WOW, I know what I'll be doing when I get old and retire!!!!

Thank you for the info. If I ask about rallies, do you think they'll know what I'm talking about? How does a rally work?

They will know what you are talking about. Ask them if there are any RV rallies coming up. At the last one i was at there was i believe 7 different vendors and we were set up in the activity hall, the guests ate breakfast and lunch in the hall. Both days we watched them play bingo for a while but people come around and look at the products i handed out a mini catalog to everyone who stopped by. We also made the cool and creamy chocolate fondue dip to give as samples....everyone loved it and then we were scheduled an hour on one day to do a demo, so we made the blt dip and did a show. After the show we had a table set up to the side and people come and could sit at the table look at the full catalog and give us there order. The last one i was at was only rv'ers from one state but the next one is from the whole east coast. Rallies are a big thing. You could maybe search RV rallies on yahoo or google and see what pops up for your area. That way you have a little knowledge of what goes on in your area. I'm sure that the rv parks also have a website which may also tell you what's going to be going on. I will try to find the paperwork for the rally in october that i'm doing and see if it has a website for you. I'm sure that the holliday ramblers have a rally out there.

Thank you!!!

1. What amenities do RV parks and trailer parks typically offer?

Most RV parks and trailer parks offer basic amenities such as water and electric hookups, a dump station, and restrooms. Some may also have amenities like laundry facilities, playgrounds, and recreational areas.

2. Can I bring my pet to an RV park or trailer park?

Many RV parks and trailer parks are pet-friendly, but it's always best to check with the specific park beforehand. Some may have breed or size restrictions, and others may charge an additional fee for pets.

3. Do I need to make a reservation at an RV park or trailer park?

It's always a good idea to make a reservation, especially during peak season. Some RV parks and trailer parks may have limited space and may fill up quickly. Making a reservation ensures that you have a spot reserved for your stay.

4. Are there age restrictions for staying at an RV park or trailer park?

Some RV parks and trailer parks may have age restrictions, such as being 55+ communities. However, many parks are open to all ages. It's best to check with the specific park to see if there are any age restrictions.

5. Can I stay at an RV park or trailer park for an extended period of time?

Yes, many RV parks and trailer parks offer extended stay options. However, the length of time allowed may vary by park. Some may have a maximum stay of a few weeks, while others may allow stays of several months. It's best to check with the park for their specific policies on extended stays.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedbecky
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
Mel5497
Replies
Views
Melissa78
Replies
Views
Admin Greg