1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Theme Show RV Idea List?

1. bethsbiz

bethsbiz Member Gold Member

I have been asked to suggest items good for use in an RV or camper and the customer is a member of an RV club so I'm hoping for some additional business from this group.

I know what I would recommend but I don't have a flyer created and was hoping someone here had one. I searched files and didn't find anything posted. The closest thing I found was the dorm survival sheets.

If you have a flyer that would be great. I'd also welcome comments on what makes a good PC tool for an RV and why! I'm sure I'll have many of the same items on my list but always good to hear other word-choices folk use...and maybe a few items I hadn't considered yet.

Thanks in advance!

Mar 14, 2009
  2. redsoxgirl

redsoxgirl Veteran Member

space savers
    collapsible bowls
    collapsible strainer to go with......
    cutting board with measuring cups (multiple things in one)
    bamboo tongs
    adjustable measuring spoons (multiple things in one)
    easy adjustable measure spoon/cup (multiple things in one)
    easy opener (stick to wall/fridge/etc)
    hot pad/trivet
    measure-all cup (multiple things in one)
    scoop clip (multiple things in one)
    smooth edge can opener
    Twixit!
    stackable cooling rack
    smaller knives (pairing or utility knives)
    bar board
    cutting boards
    cookbooks

useful in small ovens and/or microwaves
    small bar pan
    small sheet pan
    micro-cooker
    prep bowl set

good for outdoor/camping use
    collapsible bowls
    chip and dip
    corn cob knobs
    party sticks
    party plates
    tumblers
    utensil set
    serving set
    caddy

good for campfire
    bamboo utensils
    rubs and spices
    BBQ tools
    grill cleaning brush

good for camping stove
    any cookware
    any utensils

Mar 14, 2009
  3. Grandmarita

Grandmarita Advanced Member Gold Member

I love using my Rice Cooker to bake a cake in our microwave when we have electrical hookups. I love my griddle for pancakes and grilled cheese on our gas stove. Our RV oven can take the medium bar pan, and medium pizza stone. Most counter top toaster ovens will use the small bar pan. The Classic batter bowl is a must, with a Whisk; and our Prep Bowls for all kinds of leftovers and salad fixings or dips. The outdoor Caddy and plates and serving set got a lot of use last summer too! Be sure to suggest the Food chopper. Also, if the person is a June hostess suggest they try to earn the Rectangle Chillzanne. I take it to almost every camping potluck we attend, and the deviled eggs are one of the first trays to be emptied.

Mar 15, 2009
  4. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

We love to camp (but don't have an RV) and I always mention starting this time of the year all of the things we find indispensable for camping I don't have a flyer though, so if someone does, or you make one, I'd love to see it.

Here are the things that we take camping with us:

Self-Sharpening knives
    Bar Board and 9x13 Cutting Board
    Collapsible Bowl - (so happy to have the other sizes this year!)
    Micro Cooker
    Twixits
    Mini Scraper
    Small Mix n Scraper
    Grilling Tools
    Grill Basket
    Outdoor Caddy
    Outdoor Plates & Utensils
    Kitchen Shears
    Apple Wedger (to wedge potatoes and onions to do in foil packets - yum!)
    Jar Opener
    Can Opener
    Garlic Press (don't leave home without it!)
    Serrated Peeler
    And I've always taken the small colander from the set, but this year I'll probably replace it with the collapsible one.:thumbup:

Mar 15, 2009
  5. jj16

jj16 Member Gold Member

I am new to PC but I lived in a 5th wheel trailer as my regular residence due to my job for 2 years. Always keep in mind space. There's not much of it. I would go with the following:

Collapsible Bowls, Garlic Press, Garlic Peeler, Grill Basket over Skewers(more uses), Basting Brush, Outdoor plates; Utensils, Tumblers, Party Sticks, Tongs, etc., Grill Cleaning Brush, Micro Cooker instead of strainer (more uses) Wisk instead of juicer, Jar Opener(it can be mounted on the under side of kitchen cabinets), Easy Opener, Large Micro Fiber Towels, Can Opener, Kitchen Brush, Mix N Scraper, Hot Pad/Trivet, Twixit, Easy Adjustable Measuring Cup, Measure-All Cup, Easy Adjustable Measuring Spoon, Forged Steak Knife Set, I would go with Santoku 7", 5" Utility & one of the paring knives, Pizza Cutter, Handy Scraper, Food Chopper, Egg Slicer Plus, all of the peelers, Pans I would go with Stockpot, Stirfry skillet, and 11" Griddle for space saving purposes, definitely suggest Pocket thermometer as ovens in RVs can be so unpredictable, Basic Nylon Tool Set, Specialty Nylon Tool Set, Small & Med Scoop, Scrapers, Citrus Peeler, Cooling Rack since it folds flat and has many uses Small & Med Bar Pan, I would go with Sqare Baker instead of Rectangular Baker. I had a situation where I was able to get the 9x13 pan in the oven but getting it back out was challenging, all of the pantry items, all of the Cookbooks.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2009
    Mar 15, 2009
  6. Bluiydangl

Bluiydangl Member

Quick Stir pitcher-
    self honing/covered knives
    my mom claims the rubber feet on the trivet helps it stay on the counter
    outdoor party sticks
    bbq items
    oven mitts
    mirco cooker
    cookware protectors- to cover items during movement
    keep stoneware in box

Mar 15, 2009
  7. bethsbiz

bethsbiz Member Gold Member

Thanks everyone! I know I have enough info, including word choices and reasons, to create an RV/Camper flyer! I'll try to get that done and uploaded to the site this week sometime.

Mar 15, 2009
  8. Jewel

Jewel Member Gold Member

Here are some recipes for a "Pamper Your Camper" cooking show. Kinda like Power cooking. I have only done one so I don't have suggestions for which ones to do. Maybe practice and see which one is easiest.

Attached Files:

Mar 16, 2009
Have something to add?