• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Rusty Blades? Tips for Removing Rust from Food Chopper

Some people just don't take care of their knives. I would suggest a cleaner called clean king. It is safe to use on knives and it will remove rust spots.
cookinfletch
Gold Member
I just spoke with a woman who is not very happy with PC right now. She told me that her sister bought a food chopper 2 years ago, & the blades are rusting at the top. I told her to get in touch with her original consultant to get the info so she can deal with HO. In the meantime, are there any tips for getting rid of the rust?

My food chopper is more than 5 years old. I put it in the dishwasher and I've never been careful about making sure it's dry before I re-assemble and stick it in the cupboard.I've never had a speck of rust. I wonder what's going on with hers. But definitely she should go through the original consultant and HO. You didn't sell it so don't get stuck dealing with it.

mine is over 10 years old and no rust... but when my customers come to me with issues, I don't send them back to their old consultant. I try to help them and sometimes even get a new show, or at least a happy customer out of it.

It is likely must mineral deposits froM her water, not true rust. Sometimes I get that on my knives, and it washes right off.

Last edited:
LOL, you have rust on your knee?

Agree with the others, I'd help her more with the return up to a point. First thing, I find out when they think they bought it and let them know the warranty. For your food chopper example, it's 5 years so hers is covered. Then I explain the process - she's got to get a RA number and ship it back. I let her know they need the host or consultant name to find her guarantee.

Next, I offer to do a 3-way call with her to HO so she can answer the other questions. The help line always has questions I don't have the answer to. Rather than a bunch of phone tag it's just better to have her on the line, instead of a lot of callbacks & messages making it take 5 times as long as it should.

If she can't do a 3-way call, I give her the 800 number & return shipping address.

I never ship stuff back for folks, even if they bought it from me.

doughmama said:
mine is over 10 years old and no rust... but when my customers come to me with issues, I don't send them back to their old consultant. I try to help them and sometimes even get a new show, or at least a happy customer out of it.

I also try to handle getting the reference number for return of an item. Get as much info as you can, including the guest name from the show--I've had HO locate items this way before, along with the time frame and state.

Typing on an ipad keyboard is a pain!!!! I meant KNIFE not "knea". I swear, how it comes up with things.....thus my disclaimer in my signature. ;)

I would help her if she was a host. I recently spent a total of an hour on the phone at least 4 times to process a return under another consultant. Problem was that she couldn't remember WHO! No luck under the name of the first consultant. Then called to tell them she was living somewhere else at the time. The second name she gave hit paydirt!

Why did she do this? She had closed a $1,000 show!

I've had people complain of rust on forged cutlery, people who live in city neighborhoods and never put it in the dishwasher.

I use a cleaner called clean king on my pots and pans but, it will also clean rust marks on knives.

I too have rust or water spots on my knives too. I dont put them in the dishwasher trying to figure out how to get them off. I know they are lifetime guarantee and I bought them as part of kit enhancement last year. Any suggestions?

1. How do I know if my food chopper blades are rusty?

Rusty blades will have visible orange or brown spots on the surface, and may also feel rough or uneven to the touch.

2. Can rust on my food chopper blades be harmful?

Rust can potentially contaminate your food and cause health issues if ingested. It is important to remove rust from your food chopper blades to ensure safe food preparation.

3. What is the best way to remove rust from my food chopper blades?

The best way to remove rust from food chopper blades is to create a paste using equal parts baking soda and water. Apply the paste to the blades and let it sit for 30 minutes before scrubbing with a toothbrush. Rinse with warm water and dry thoroughly.

4. Can I use vinegar to remove rust from my food chopper blades?

Yes, you can use a mixture of equal parts white vinegar and water to remove rust from your food chopper blades. Soak the blades in the mixture for 30 minutes before scrubbing with a toothbrush and rinsing with warm water.

5. How can I prevent rust from forming on my food chopper blades?

To prevent rust from forming on your food chopper blades, make sure to dry them thoroughly after each use and store them in a dry place. You can also apply a small amount of cooking oil to the blades before storing to create a protective barrier against moisture.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ms_twana
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Brenda.the.chef
  • stephaniek
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
dannyzmom
  • kdangel518