• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Rust Spot Removal Tips for Knives

In summary, to remove rust spots from your knives, you can use a mixture of lemon juice and baking soda or soak the rusted area in white vinegar. Avoid using steel wool as it can potentially damage the knives, and make sure to dry the knives thoroughly after each use to prevent rust from forming. It is not recommended to use WD-40 as it can leave a residue on the blades. Stick to using natural ingredients like lemon juice, vinegar, or baking soda for rust removal.
zjraby
Ok....awhile ago (I don't know if it was on here or in an email) I saw a tip on how to remove rust spots from the blades of our knives. It had something to do with lemon juice, but I can't remember exactly. Does anyone have the details on this?

I would love the answer to this question as well.

I would just use a fine piece of sand paper. You could try lemon juice and see if it works.

You could also try baking soda and/or white vinegar.

zjraby said:
Ok....awhile ago (I don't know if it was on here or in an email) I saw a tip on how to remove rust spots from the blades of our knives. It had something to do with lemon juice, but I can't remember exactly. Does anyone have the details on this?

I have not heard about the lemon juice, but I use SOS pads or scouring pads. They work great!

Why would the knives which are stainless steel get rust spots? I would not use sand paper on the knives becasuse it could ruin the edge.

They get rust spots if you put them in the dishwasher.

Remind your hosts and guests that the knives are handwash only!

Happy Mom said:
Why would the knives which are stainless steel get rust spots? I would not use sand paper on the knives becasuse it could ruin the edge.

I agree on the sand paper!! But all of our stainless steel products are rust resistant- not rust proof. If you leave your knives, food chopper, etc. sitting in water they will rust! So just make sure you dry these items. And yes, the knives are not dishwasher safe. This voids the lifetime guarantee!

1. How can I remove rust spots from my knives?

To remove rust spots from your knives, you can use a mixture of lemon juice and baking soda. Simply mix the two ingredients together to form a paste, then apply it to the rust spots on your knives. Let it sit for a few minutes before scrubbing it off with a soft-bristled brush. Rinse the knives with water and dry them thoroughly.

2. Can I use vinegar to remove rust from my knives?

Yes, you can use vinegar to remove rust from your knives. Simply soak the rusted area in white vinegar for a few hours, then scrub it off with a scouring pad. Rinse the knives with water and dry them thoroughly. You can also mix vinegar with baking soda to create a paste for tougher rust spots.

3. Will using steel wool damage my knives?

Using steel wool can potentially damage the surface of your knives, especially if they have a non-stick coating. Instead, try using a soft-bristled brush or a scouring pad to gently scrub away the rust. If the rust spots are stubborn, you can also try using a paste of baking soda and water.

4. How can I prevent rust spots from forming on my knives?

To prevent rust spots from forming on your knives, make sure to dry them thoroughly after each use. Avoid leaving them in a damp environment, such as in the sink or on a wet cutting board. You can also apply a small amount of mineral oil to the blades to help protect them from moisture.

5. Can I use WD-40 to remove rust from my knives?

While WD-40 can be effective in removing rust, it is not recommended for use on knives as it can leave a residue on the blades. This can affect the flavor of your food and may also cause the knives to become sticky. Stick to using natural ingredients like lemon juice, vinegar, or baking soda for rust removal.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cookinfletch
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
MissyPC
  • kdangel518
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ShelbyMichalek
Replies