• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Run Time Error When Loading Pp

In summary, "Run Time Error When Loading Pp" is an error message that indicates a problem with launching a software program or application. It can be caused by various issues, including outdated software, viruses, or malware. To fix the error, you can try restarting your computer, reinstalling or updating the program, and clearing your computer's cache. To prevent the error, keep your computer and software up to date and be cautious when downloading programs from unknown sources. If the error persists, seek technical support for further assistance.
CAPCnewbie
I haven't submitted a show yet and had installed Pampered Partner on my desktop computer at home. After reading some threads about consultants bringing their laptops to shows, I decided to load PP on my laptop.
The problem is, everytime I try to open the program, I get the following message:
Run-time error '429'
ActiveX Component cant create object

Does anyone know what this means and how I can fix it??
i really want to run it on my laptop.

UPDATE:

(looks like I got it to work!!!!)

Last edited:
This error typically occurs when the ActiveX component is not registered correctly. You can try to fix this by registering the component manually. Open the command prompt and type in the following: "regsvr32 C:\Program Files\Pampered Partner\ActiveXComponents\PP.dll"Once you've done that, restart your computer and try to open the program again. That should do the trick!

Great job figuring out the issue and getting it to work on your laptop! I know how frustrating it can be when technology doesn't cooperate. It's always a good idea to have a backup plan in case something like this happens during a show. I'm sure your clients will appreciate your dedication to making their experience smooth and efficient. Best of luck with your future shows!

1. What does "Run Time Error When Loading Pp" mean?

"Run Time Error When Loading Pp" is an error message that indicates a problem with the software program or application you are trying to launch. It means that there was an unexpected issue during the loading process that is preventing the program from running properly.

2. How can I fix the "Run Time Error When Loading Pp"?

There are a few steps you can take to try and fix this error. First, try restarting your computer and then launching the program again. If that doesn't work, try reinstalling the program or updating it to the latest version. You can also try clearing your computer's cache and temporary files. If none of these solutions work, you may need to seek technical support from the program's manufacturer.

3. Can a virus or malware cause the "Run Time Error When Loading Pp"?

Yes, it is possible that a virus or malware on your computer could be causing this error message. It is always a good idea to regularly scan your computer for viruses and make sure your antivirus software is up to date.

4. I keep getting the "Run Time Error When Loading Pp" every time I try to open the program. What should I do?

If you are consistently getting this error message every time you try to open the program, it may indicate a larger issue with the program or your computer. Try the troubleshooting steps mentioned in question 2, and if the problem persists, you may need to seek technical support for further assistance.

5. Is there a way to prevent "Run Time Error When Loading Pp" from happening?

There is no guaranteed way to prevent this error from occurring, but there are a few things you can do to reduce the chances of encountering it. Make sure your computer's operating system and software programs are up to date, regularly scan for viruses, and avoid downloading or installing programs from untrustworthy sources. It is also a good idea to regularly back up your important files in case of any unexpected errors or issues.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• CAPCnewbie
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • northern_sunshine
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AJPratt
  • Bexs50