• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Rules About Recipes on Websites

In summary, when sharing recipes on websites, it is important to give credit to the original source, avoid plagiarism, use accurate measurements and ingredients, include clear instructions and cooking times, and use original photos or give proper credit for borrowed images. It is best to avoid sharing recipes from cookbooks without permission and to make minor changes while giving credit to the original source. Nutrition information is not mandatory but recommended. When sharing international or traditional recipes, it is important to be respectful and provide necessary background information and use authentic ingredients and methods if possible.
Christa
Anyone know what the actual rules are on this?

You can post a PC recipe as long as it has the disclaimer about being tested in our test kitchens, see my site /annepratt.

PC was going to limit what recipes we could post, but then put that off and said to leave everything as is, just with the disclaimer. I'm sure when we need to change it, PC will let us know.

O_O-sunThing: Short answer: no. Long answer: maybe. You need to read the laws in your state. Some states have rules for what is considered a "shared" well, but most are just owner/operator responsibilities. If you're worried about someone else using water, you can put a meter on the well and charge them accordingly.OP: Thanks for the reply. It's actually a friend of mine that's split with her husband who moved to his new property which has the well and water rights on it. They didn't have any agreement in place when they split and he's now telling her that she's not allowed to use it or access it at all. I'm pretty sure this can't be right but I don't know where to point her.O_O-sunThing: That's a lawyer question then. If they were married when they bought the property, then it's likely marital property and she has a claim to it.OP: Yeah they were. I'm in Canada and am unsure of the laws here on this. Thanks for your time.

What are the rules for sharing recipes on websites?

When sharing recipes on websites, it is important to follow these rules:

• 1. Always give credit to the original source of the recipe.
  • 2. Do not plagiarize or copy recipes from other websites.
  • 3. Make sure your measurements and ingredients are accurate.
  • 4. Use original photos of the dish or give proper credit for any borrowed images.
  • 5. Include clear instructions and cooking times for the recipe.

Can I share recipes from cookbooks on my website?

It is best to avoid sharing recipes from cookbooks on your website without permission from the author or publisher. This is to respect copyright laws and intellectual property rights. It is best to create your own unique recipes or adapt existing ones from reputable sources.

Can I make changes to a recipe before sharing it on my website?

It is generally acceptable to make minor changes to a recipe, such as adjusting the amounts of ingredients or adding a personal touch. However, it is important to give credit to the original source and not claim the recipe as your own. If you make significant changes, it is best to write your own version of the recipe and credit the inspiration from the original source.

Do I need to provide nutrition information for recipes on my website?

It is not mandatory to provide nutrition information for recipes on your website. However, it is recommended to include this information for the benefit of your readers. You can use a nutrition calculator tool or provide a link to the original source for the nutrition information.

Are there any specific guidelines for sharing international or traditional recipes on a website?

When sharing international or traditional recipes on a website, it is important to be respectful and give proper credit to the culture and origin of the dish. It is also recommended to provide any necessary background information or cultural significance of the recipe. If possible, try to use authentic ingredients and cooking methods for the most authentic and accurate representation of the dish.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MakinBacon
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Hunter Mom
  • KymberlyMcD
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • AJPratt