• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What to Do with Citrus Basil Rub? Suggestions Welcome!

In summary, the Citrus & Basil Rub can be used in a variety of recipes including a dip, chicken bites, salad dressing, and Yucatecan-style fish. It has been suggested to use it with chicken or shrimp, but it can also be used for other meats. Some specific recipe ideas include a Citrus & Basil Dip, Citrus & Basil Chicken Bites, Chicken, Avocado & Grapefruit Salad, and Yucatecan-Style Fish. The rub is also great for marinating chicken and can be used with mandarin oranges for a delicious 30-minute meal.
heat123
Silver Member
I had a customer ask what she can do with her citrus basil rub as far as recipes? I didn't know of any?? Besides rubbing it with your meats obviously. Can anyone suggest a recipe for that particular rub? :confused: TIA

I think I have only used this Rub once. But I have customers who really like it. I have only heard the suggestions for Chicken or Shrimp.

I did some searching at CC and found this: in case you needed more ideas for this rub too!

1. Citrus & Basil Dip
Ingredients:
1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon Citrus & Basil Rub
Assorted dippers such as fresh vegetables or crackers (optional)

Directions:
1. Combine mayonnaise, sour cream and basil rub in bowl of Chillzanne® Sectional Server; mix well. Cover; refrigerate 1 hour to allow flavors to blend.

2. To assemble, insert frozen inserts into crescents. Spoon dip into bowl. Serve with fresh vegetables or crackers, if desired.

Yield: about 2 cups dip (16 servings)

Nutrients per serving: (2 tablespoons dip): Calories 130, Total Fat 14 g, Saturated Fat 3.5 g, Cholesterol 15 mg, Carbohydrate 1 g, Protein 1 g, Sodium 140 mg, Fiber 0 g

2.Citrus & Basil Chicken Bites
Ingredients:
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
1 tablespoon Vegetable oil
1 tablespoon Citrus & Basil Rub

Directions:
1. Place chicken, oil and basil rub in resealable plastic bag; knead bag to coat chicken

2. Heat 10-in. Skillet on medium heat until drop of water sizzles; add chicken and cook 7-9 minutes or until chicken is golden brown and no longer pink in center. Transfer to serving platter and serve.

Yield: 12 servings

Nutrients per serving: Nutrients per serving: Calories 50, Total Fat 1.5 g, Saturated Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 20 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Protein 9 g, Sodium 100 mg, Fiber 0 g

3. Chicken, Avocado & Grapefruit Salad
Ingredients:
Chicken

1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 tbsp Citrus & Basil Rub
1 tsp olive oil

Dressing and Salad

1 large ruby red grapefruit
1 tbsp orange marmalade
3 tbsp olive oil
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
4-6 radishes
1 firm, ripe avocado
1 bag (6 oz) fresh baby spinach leaves
1/2 cup sliced red onion (optional)
Sweet Caramel Cashews (optional)

Directions:
1. For chicken, combine ingredients in Classic Batter Bowl. Heat Grill Pan over medium heat 5 minutes. Cook chicken 4 minutes or until grill marks appear. Turn chicken over; grill 4-6 minutes or until Pocket Thermometer registers 170°F. Remove chicken to Cutting Board; let stand 10 minutes.

2. For dressing, zest grapefruit with Microplane® Adustable Grater to measure 1 tsp zest. Cut grapefruit in half; remove sections to Prep Bowl using Grapefruit Knife. Juice grapefruit halves using Juicer to measure 1/4 cup juice. Combine zest, juice, marmalade, oil, salt and black pepper in Small Batter Bowl; mix well using Stainless Mini Whisk.

3. For salad, slice radishes using Ultimate Mandoline fitted with thin slicing blade. Peel and dice avocado using Avocado Peeler. Slice chicken crosswise into thin strips using Utility Knife. Place spinach into Simple Additions® Dots Large Round Bowl. Top with sliced chicken, grapefruit, radishes, avocado and onion, if desired. Pour dressing over salad; toss gently. Garnish with Sweet Caramel Cashews, if desired. Serve immediately.

Yield: 4 servings

4. Yucatecan-Style Fish
Ingredients:
2 oranges, divided
1 medium white onion
1 red bell pepper
2 tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro
2 tablespoons Citrus & Basil Rub
6 tilapia fillets (4 ounces each)
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 hard cooked egg, peeled
1/4 cup toasted pepitas (pumpkin seeds)

Directions:
1. Cut a thin slice from top and bottom of one of the oranges using Paring Knife. Stand orange upright, cut end down, on Cutting Board. Carefully trim away peel and white membrane. Angle knife under segment and lift out. Repeat with remaining segments; set aside. Using Chef's Knife, cut onion into thin slices and cut bell pepper into thin strips. Snip cilantro using Kitchen Shears.

2. Sprinkle citrus rub evenly over both sides of each tilapia fillet. Add oil to (12-in.) Skillet; heat over medium-high heat 1-3 minutes or until shimmering. Add tilapia; cook 5-6 minutes, turning once using Small Slotted Turner. Add onion and bell pepper. Cover Skillet and cook 5-7 minutes or until tilapia is cooked through and vegetables are softened. Remove Skillet from heat.

3. Slice egg using Egg Slicer Plus®. Place tilapia and vegetables on Simple Additions® Rectangular Platter; top with egg, orange segments and cilantro. Using Citrus Press, juice remaining orange over fish and sprinkle with toasted pepitas.

I use the Citrus Basil Rub for the 30 minute chicken.

Place 4 lb chicken in baker. Pour the juice from one can of mandarin oranges over the chicken. Zest an orange over chicken just enough to cover the chicken, not heavy. Sprinkle enough of the rub to cover chicken, I'd say a couple of teaspoons. 30 minutes in the microwave. YUM-O!!:D

Hi there! As a fellow Pampered Chef consultant, I would be happy to share some recipe ideas for the citrus basil rub. Here are a few suggestions:1. Citrus Basil Chicken: Rub the citrus basil seasoning onto boneless, skinless chicken breasts and grill or bake until cooked through. Serve with a side of roasted vegetables for a tasty and healthy meal.2. Citrus Basil Shrimp Skewers: Toss shrimp in the citrus basil rub and thread onto skewers. Grill for a few minutes on each side until pink and serve with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.3. Citrus Basil Vinaigrette: Mix the citrus basil rub with olive oil, lemon juice, and a touch of honey for a delicious and flavorful vinaigrette. Drizzle over salads or use as a marinade for grilled vegetables.4. Citrus Basil Roasted Potatoes: Toss diced potatoes in the citrus basil seasoning and roast in the oven until crispy and golden brown. These make a great side dish for any meal.I hope these ideas inspire you and your customer to get creative with the citrus basil rub. Happy cooking!

What are the ingredients in the Citrus Basil Rub?

The Citrus Basil Rub contains a blend of salt, basil, lemon peel, orange peel, garlic, and other natural spices.

How should I store the Citrus Basil Rub?

The Citrus Basil Rub should be stored in a cool, dry place in an airtight container to maintain its freshness and flavor.

Can I use the Citrus Basil Rub on meats other than chicken?

Yes, the Citrus Basil Rub can be used on a variety of proteins such as fish, pork, and even tofu for a flavorful and zesty taste.

What are some recipe ideas using the Citrus Basil Rub?

Some popular recipe ideas using the Citrus Basil Rub include grilled chicken with citrus basil marinade, citrus basil shrimp skewers, and roasted vegetables with citrus basil seasoning.

Is the Citrus Basil Rub gluten-free?

Yes, the Citrus Basil Rub is gluten-free, making it a delicious and safe option for those with gluten intolerances or allergies.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
pamperedpals
  • MissChef
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
MissChef
  • AmyDare