• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Successful 8th Kitchen Show: Looking for Advice

In summary,ShawnnaShawnna had her eighth kitchen show and they were a group of seasoned customers. They talked through her whole presentation and she even kept it short and sweet for them because they have all been to so many shows before. Has any one else had a crowd like this? She's concerned about the 2 shows that were booked off of this one and she doesn't want them talking over her at the next 2 shows she does for this group. Any suggestions would help.
bbauman07
Gold Member
I had my eighth kitchen show the other night. They were a group of seasoned customers and talked through my whole presentation. I even kept it short and sweet for them because they have all been to so many shows before. Has any one else had a crowd like this? I'm concerned about the 2 shows that were booked off of this one. I don't want them talking over me at the next 2 shows I do for this group. Any sugestions would help. Thank you.

I have had that problem at a lot of shows. It is very distracting to me, not to mention rude. At one of my first shows I had about 20 guests that were all teachers. They talked and talked until the host finally asked them to be quiet. She said "You would not tolerate this in your classroom when you were trying to teach". She was not rude, was actually very polite and kind of laughed at them and made a joke about it...but it worked.

This is what I did at my last show and it worked very well. For each product I was using in my demonstration I handed out use and care cards with the catalog page number on them. Then when I needed that product I asked who had that information and asked them to tell us about the product. It got the guests involved and they listened to see when they were going to have to talk. It also helped me to not have to remember the page number for each product.

Shawnna

ShawnnaWhat a GREAT tip about the use and care cards! I will be using it. Not only would it keep the chitty-chatty down, all the info will be presented.
Thanks so much
Karen

That is an awesome idea. I will definitely try it at my next show. Anything should be an improvement over my last show - the host's sister talked to a friend about her kidney stone (lol) for at least 20 min striaight (no kidding) while I was trying to begin my demo. No one else seemed to mind, they are all pretty much family and were talkng amongst themselves too! I finally just said something like " I bet you are hungry - so lets get started". Then the host's neice (who I willl say it nicely - is a BIG girl) ate 4 plates full of my chicken ring and ordered nothing. She said she didnt have any money and the host got mad and they got into an arguement. All the time, I was sitting there waiting for the guests to bring me their orders. It was very ackward! I can laugh it off now, but at the time I just wanted it over with, done, and to go home! $368 party for all that. Not too bad but could of been better.

Thanks for the ideas. I will definently try the product care cards. Makes sense though if you keep them involved in the show they are to busy to talk about what they want to.

That is a great idea!!

bbauman07 - we've all dealt with a chatty crowd. It is very rude and I find it distracting as well. 3 shows ago, I had a woman talk about the 5 divorces she went through...she more bragged about it than talked about it :rolleyes: BUT when she mentioned staying with husband #6 because of his income, it got very quiet! Needless to say I was able to work again with attention! Try the idea mentioned above at your next shows for sure, especially the ones booked from that show! But don't take it personal...when you get a room full of women you have to expect it. ;) Good Luck at your next shows!

I normally start out my in my introductions that there are 3 rules at my PC shows...one..Have a FANTASTIC TIME...two...ya'll came to have fun and socialize, but please if you are talking with your neighbor, just do it quietly, so I don't have to be whispering at my husband tomorrow as I'm shouting over you tonight..and three.. Have a FANTASTIC Time...

It pretty much works for me...just an idea!
Cheers,
Angela

Thank you all again. I will give them all a try. I just closed the show last night and got a 3rd booking, and a possible 4th. So I'm sure I have plenty of practice in a rowdy crowd.

1. How can I attract more guests to my 8th kitchen show?

In order to attract more guests to your 8th kitchen show, make sure to reach out to your network of friends, family, and acquaintances. You can also utilize social media platforms and create attractive invitations to entice potential guests. Additionally, consider offering incentives or discounts for guests who bring a friend along.

2. What are some effective ways to showcase the products during the show?

One effective way to showcase the products is to have them set up in a visually appealing display. You can also use demonstration videos or have guests participate in hands-on activities to show the products in action. Make sure to highlight the features and benefits of each product and how it can make cooking and entertaining easier.

3. How can I encourage guests to make purchases at the show?

To encourage guests to make purchases at the show, consider offering special discounts or promotions for those who make a purchase that day. You can also have product bundles or packages available at a discounted price. Make sure to emphasize the limited time offers during the show to create a sense of urgency.

4. What are some tips for creating a successful and engaging presentation?

To create a successful and engaging presentation, make sure to practice beforehand and have a clear outline of what you want to cover. Engage with your guests by asking them questions and involving them in the demonstration. Use humor and personal anecdotes to make the presentation more relatable and memorable.

5. How can I follow up with guests after the show to encourage future purchases?

Following up with guests after the show is crucial for encouraging future purchases. Consider sending a personalized thank you note or email to each guest, along with a special offer for their next purchase. You can also add them to your mailing list to keep them updated on future promotions and new products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
katie0128
Replies
Views
ChefNic
  • Kitchen2u
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Kitchen2u