1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Round Stone with Handles

1. Lindsay

Lindsay Gold Member

I'd like to get your input.
    I earned the new consultant bonus of 2 pieces of stoneware of my choice (yay!). I do have a bit of a dilemma though. I already have nearly all the stoneware. I think I am going to get another DCB so I'll have both colors and because I think they are super useful. For my second piece :eek:I am tempted to get another mini-loaf pan for my holiday baking. However, I don't have any round stones as my large one broke (and it was black I tell you! - such a bummer). The thing is, I don't really like the look of the round stone with handles, but part of me says that I should go with that one for show purposes.
    Please tell me what you think of them. Obviously I have enough other pieces that I can certainly get along without it, but I know it would prevent me from doing a few things like braided wreaths. :eek:

Sep 8, 2009
  2. pcchefjane

pcchefjane Senior Member Gold Member

We have had our LRS with handles over a year with no problem! We use it for everything from pizzas to bread rings to calzones! I think it is really super-useful!

Sep 8, 2009
  3. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

Love mine. Don't be afraid of it. It's so easy to get in and out of the oven. I think you'll wind up hooked on it sooner than you think.

Sep 8, 2009
  4. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

I would go ahead and pick the large round stone with handles to take to shows.

5. Lindsay

Lindsay Gold Member

Okay, thanks. Would you go with the large round stone, or the medium? It seems to me that there might be issues with the large fitting into smaller ovens.

Sep 8, 2009
  6. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

I've got a friend with a pretty small oven, and it fits in hers without a problem. The medium one would be lighter to carry to shows, though.

Sep 8, 2009
  7. Ginger428

Ginger428 Legacy Member Gold Member

My stove in my house is a 20in. (I know, don't ask) It has the 4 burners & no other space on top. I cannot get the large w/handles in it. Mine without the handles are fine! Also If I'm using the large bar pan, I have to put a chair in front to keep it closed. I bring both to my shows & have had no problems with them in NORMAL stoves/ovens...HTH :rolleyes:

Sep 8, 2009
  8. Lindsay

Lindsay Gold Member

Right that would be a challenge!
    I just liked my old round stone so much I think I'm a little incensed that they changed it, but I can definitely see how the handles help.

Sep 8, 2009
  9. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

Ginger's situation is NOT the norm. (And that must totally stink, Ginger. ugh... So sorry you have to put up with a "toy" oven.) Some small apartments might have smaller ranges (24" is a typical small size). Standard ranges are 30" and have a pretty standard oven in them (affected mostly by the amount of insulation around the box). You can add an oven size check to your host coaching, so that you don't plan to use a stone that won't fit. And I recommend the large stone. Like I tell my customers: you can, within reason, put less on a large stone, but you can't put more on the smaller one.

Sep 8, 2009
  10. Ginger428

Ginger428 Legacy Member Gold Member

The people that owned the house before us were both Doctors, so I think they could care less about a big kitchen. Also when we bought it, I was working 6-7 days a week 10-12 hours a day, so DH said I don't need a bigger one...:rolleyes: To try to put in a normal stove would be a big job!! SO I manage....;)

Sep 8, 2009
Have something to add?