• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need a Recipe for Rosemary-Herb Roasted Turkey?

In summary, the author of the conversation provides a recipe for Rosemary-Herb Roasted Turkey. The author advises that if someone does not have the Turkey Basics Cards, they should look for the recipe online. The recipe can be found at http://www.chefsuccess.com/showpost.php?p=89231&postcount=23.
pamperedharriet
I don't have the Turkey Basics Cards and was looking for the recipe for Rosemary-Herb Roasted Turkey. Can someone post it or direct me to where I can get it? I cannot get it on CC. TIA!

I'm getting ready to leave for Church, but I do have this recipe. If no one has posted it by the time I come back, I will post it for you!

Thanks so much--you're a peach!

Here it is Harriet. Sorry it took me so long to get it posted!

Rosemary-Herb Roasted Turkey

1 thawed, frozen or fresh turkey, 12-18 pounds
1 large lemon, sliced
1 large onion, cut into wedges
2-3 fresh thyme sprigs
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 tablespoons Pantry Rosemary Herb Seasoning Mix

1. Preheat oven to 325. Remove neck and giblets from body and neck cavities; cook and reserve for use in stuffing or gravy, if desired. Rinse turkey inside and out; pat dry with paper towels. Lift wing tips up toward neck, then tuck under back of turkey. Place lemon, onion and thyme inside body cavity. Tie ends of legs together with cotton string. Place turkey, breast side up, on rack in Roasting Pan.

2. Brush skin with oil using Pastry Brush. Sprinkle with seasoning mix. Roast turkey 3-4 hours or until Pocket Thermometer registers 180 degrees in thickest part of thigh and juices run clear. (To prevent overcooking, loosely cover breast with aluminum foil when turkey is about two-thirds done. Check for doneness about 30 minutes before turkey is expected to be done).

3. Remove turkey from oven; let stand 20 minutes. Using Meat Lifters, carefully remove turkey from Roasting Pan to Reversible Bamboo Carving Board. Cut string from legs and discard. Carve turkey as directed

Thanks, Jennifer and Tasha for helping me out! I truly appreciate it!

1. What ingredients do I need to make Rosemary-Herb Roasted Turkey?

To make our delicious Rosemary-Herb Roasted Turkey, you will need a whole turkey, butter, fresh rosemary, thyme, sage, garlic, salt, and pepper.

2. How long do I need to cook the turkey for?

The cooking time for a Rosemary-Herb Roasted Turkey will depend on the size of your turkey, but as a general rule, you will need to cook it for about 15 minutes per pound at 350°F. It's always best to use a meat thermometer to ensure the internal temperature reaches 165°F before serving.

3. Can I use dried herbs instead of fresh ones?

While fresh herbs will provide the best flavor for your Rosemary-Herb Roasted Turkey, you can use dried herbs if that's all you have on hand. Just remember to use about half the amount of dried herbs as you would for fresh herbs.

4. Do I need to baste the turkey while it's cooking?

Basting is not necessary for our Rosemary-Herb Roasted Turkey, as the butter and herbs will infuse the meat with plenty of flavor. However, if you prefer to baste your turkey, you can do so every 30 minutes.

5. Can I use this recipe for a boneless turkey breast?

Absolutely! This recipe works well with a boneless turkey breast as well. Just adjust the cooking time according to the weight of the breast and use a meat thermometer to ensure it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• magentablue
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • MissChef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Tracie
  • sandilou