• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking with the Dutch Oven RockCrok - New Recipes to Try

In summary, the recipe for the Smores Cake in the Everyday Pan worked well, but the flavor of the cake part was not as strong as desired.
AshleyAllison
I got the Dutch Oven RockCrok and received it yesterday. I am anxious to try out some recipes that aren't in the ones they sent with the rockcrok. Does anyone have any ideas?

This recipe is on Consultant's Corner. I tried it, and we like it!Cheesy Shells & Italian Sausage
8 oz (250 g) bulk hot Italian pork sausage (see Cook’s Tip)
3 garlic cloves
3 cups (750 mL) unsalted chicken stock
1 jar (24 oz/680 mL) marinara sauce (2½ cups/625 mL)
12 oz (350 g) medium shell pasta
4 oz (125 g) reduced-fat cream cheese (Neufchâtel)
¼ cup (50 mL) fresh basil leaves
1 cup (250 mL) seasoned croutons
2 oz (60 g) fresh Parmesan cheese (½ cup/125 mL grated)
1. Preheat broiler. Cook sausage in Rockcrok™ (2.5-qt/2.35-L) Everyday Pan or
Rockcrok™ (4-qt/3.8-L) Dutch Oven over medium heat 4-6 minutes, breaking into
crumbles with Mix ‘N Chop.
2. Press garlic with Garlic Press into Pan. Cook 30-60 seconds or just until fragrant.
3. Stir in stock, marinara and pasta to Pan. Increase heat to high; cover and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally, 7-9 minutes or until pasta is
cooked but firm.
4. Meanwhile, chop basil with Chef’s Knife. Process croutons in Manual Food Processor
until finely chopped; place in Classic Batter Bowl. Grate Parmesan with Microplane®
Adjustable Fine Grater over batter bowl. Mix crouton/Parmesan mixture well.
5. Remove Pan from heat. Stir in cream cheese and basil until blended. Sprinkle cheese
mixture evenly over pasta. Place Pan 2-4 in. (5-10 cm) from heating element. Broil 1-2
minutes or until top is golden brown.
Serves 8
U.S. Nutrients per serving: Calories 370, Total Fat 15 g, Saturated Fat 4.5 g, Cholesterol 30 mg,
Sodium 830 mg, Carbohydrate 43 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 18 g
Cook’s Tip: 8 oz (250 g) Italian turkey sausage (2 links, casings removed) or 8 oz (250 g) 90%
lean ground beef can be substituted for the bulk Italian pork sausage, if you’d like.

Can the Smores Cake be done in the Deep Covered Baker??

Probably wouldn't work because you can't put stoneware under the broiler..... the marshmallows might melt but won't get browned on top.

Anyone try shrimp and chorizo paella

Can I melt chocolate chips for s'mores cake if I dint have the chocolate candy bars?

I'm putting together a document with recipes for both of the rockcroks, would someone be willing to post the recipes that are included with the Everyday Pan?

higoobs said:
Can I melt chocolate chips for s'mores cake if I dint have the chocolate candy bars?
They said it wouldn't taste the same. I'd use milk chocolate chips if I were to try that.

Not sure what size this is image.jpg

Credit goes to Desiree Griffith rose... Found this on a consultants Facebook group

image.jpg
Recipe

image.jpg Credit goes to Laurie garza-Carl

image.jpg Recipe

Has anyone tried the S'more Cake in the Everyday Pan instead of the Dutch Oven?

Yes - it worked just fine. I liked it but it's best to make it when there are enough people to eat it all while it's fresh - it looses something with reheating, IMHO.

Oh, I definitely agree with you. I made the pineapple upside down cake today. I didn't get quite done in the middle. The part near the pineapple with the melted brown sugar and butter tasted good, but the rest of the cake needed more flavor. Am thinking about using the juice from the pineapple slices instead of water. It seemed to dry out some after it cooled.

what [pineapple upside-down recipe??

Go on the website...go to consultants' corner, products and recipes, product marketing, product training, then click on rockcrok recipes flyer.

Chicken Pasta in RockCrokI LOVE the recipe... but worry about putting the pan in the microwave without something covering the bottom. Isn't this the only caution about this pan? We are not supposed to let it heat 'dry spots' for danger of cracking the coating.

The test kitchens have said that dry spots can only occur when cooking on the stove top.

I made the Smores Cake and everyone liked it, but to me the cake part didn't have much flavor.
I was thinkiing of trying it with a brownie mix as the base, any thoughts?

Today I made an apple pie/cobbler in the 2.5 quart Rockcrock. I always make my pie in the deep dish pie plate but it had another pie in it so I just made my apple filling that I normally make and put it in the pan and then I made a top pie crust and baked like normal. It turned out really good! That crock can be used for so many different recipes.....love it!

I am really getting excited for ideas for the new Rock Crok! Thanks for sharing your pie story, good to know that it's a great alternative to make pies in! Every idea is something else to add as we talk about it in shows! I'm not much of an adventurous cooker, so I really appreciate when other people experiment and share! Thanks!

This looks great. Which size of pan did you use?

Ktehnes

I just got the dutch oven size rock crok but I am not that impressed with the recipes that came with it. Did anyone share the ones that came with the every day pan? I really want to love this and use it a lot but also really want to try all the recommended recipes. I didn't see anything in the files but i might not have done the right search. Thanks!

Trying to locate a Rock Crok Booklet.. is there one floating around here anywhere? Thanks much!!
Sandra

Trying to locate a Rock Crok Booklet.. is there one floating around here anywhere? Thanks much!!
Sandra

Ressurecting an old thread...just ordered the bigger rock crock ..whats this about dry spots? What are you guys talking about?

I have the 2.5 qt. Rockcrok and love it. I let it sit in its box for a while before pulling it out because I wasn't really impressed with it initially. But one day I made myself try it and now every recipe I see, I start to wonder how I can change it to use in the Rockcrok. Especially slow cooker recipes. I put together a booklet of about 8 simple recipes I've tried and uploaded onto the Recipes section but I don't know how to attach it here. I'm really impressed with how well it cooks meat of any kind. Pork, beef, chicken are so succulent. It combines all the qualities of our stoneware bakers but you can brown in it and finish under the broiler. Love, love, love it! I'm embarrassed to say that the only PC recipes I've made in it are the S'more Cake and Chicken Tortilla Casserole but I'm going to try more.My favorite part is that most of the recipes I've tried in it can be thrown together in literally 2-5 minutes. Then I throw it in the oven and let it bake. You don't always have time to let something bake 30-60 minutes but when you do, it's great. And if you don't, you can use a microwave recipe.

I just made homemade broccoli soup in the Everyday Pan. Yummy!

Do you have a recipe for your broccoli soup?

If I want to cook boneless, skinless, chicken breasts with a little rub in the microwave, do I need to do anything other than, well, just rub 'em and cook them?

gaderholt said:
If I want to cook boneless, skinless, chicken breasts with a little rub in the microwave, do I need to do anything other than, well, just rub 'em and cook them?
Nope. You don't need to do another thing.

Have you been able to post recipes or can you email them out?

Here is what I collected and put together from all the recipes that have been shared on Facebook: http://tiny.cc/EverdayPanRecipesAnd this is the collection for the RC that has recipes that use the Dutch Oven RC: http://tiny.cc/RockinrecipesYou'll need to change the info to yours before you share it with your customers. It's free to open your own Evernote account. You can also copy and paste and create a file in Word I guess if you don't want to use EN. ;)

babywings76 said:
Here is what I collected and put together from all the recipes that have been shared on Facebook: http://tiny.cc/EverdayPanRecipesAnd this is the collection for the RC that has recipes that use the Dutch Oven RC: http://tiny.cc/RockinrecipesYou'll need to change the info to yours before you share it with your customers. It's free to open your own Evernote account. You can also copy and paste and create a file in Word I guess if you don't want to use EN. ;)
I tried to copy but it wouldn't highlight. Any suggestions of how else to save it to Word?

Honestly, I'd highly recommend you create an account with EN. It's free, it's awesome. ;) You can then copy and paste it into word once you copy the note over into your account. You don't have to continue using EN. I did that once when someone else shared something in EN. I created an account just so I could copy it and then didn't really use it much because I didn't understand the system. Then I found a FB group of consultants who use it and watched some tutorials and I fell in love with it. Anyway...I'm not sure of another work around. I'll ask on the EN group and see if someone can help me. I'll be back...

Click in the text and hit Ctrl-A and it should select it all.

Thanks Amanda for the recipes!

Bless you and thank you!

kam said:
Click in the text and hit Ctrl-A and it should select it all.
Thanks - that worked. I actually went back and was trying various things and did manage to get things to highlight but your tip is much easier.

bcowdin said:
Oh, I definitely agree with you. I made the pineapple upside down cake today. I didn't get quite done in the middle. The part near the pineapple with the melted brown sugar and butter tasted good, but the rest of the cake needed more flavor. Am thinking about using the juice from the pineapple slices instead of water. It seemed to dry out some after it cooled.

I use the orange infused oil instead of regular oil and it's SOOOOO GOOD! The flavor blends well with the pineapple.

I just got mine and would love to see recipes that don't involve the use of a broiler. I may be the only person in the U.S. who does not have a broiler in the oven. Mine is a pull out drawer.

Click on the link I shared with the recipe compilation. There are tons that don't require a broiler.

I just found this and copied it over to my Evernote account. I am so excited to try out new recipes! Thank you for sharing, Amanda! I love my RC. It was the best thing I got.
Brenda

I made the touchdown taco dip in the everyday rockcroc and it was perfect. I heated the bottom layer of beans on the bottom then i was able to add the cream cheese layer and pop into the oven. So convenient!

byrd1956 said:
Can the Smores Cake be done in the Deep Covered Baker??
Before I bought my rock crock I did make the s'mores cake in the round baker. I just used a soufflé torch to toast the marshmallows.

higoobs said:
I've used Hershey's syrup and hot fudge also and it turned out great

My host made the Root Beer ribs for our show last night. Big hit! She bought pork Riblets and put them in to cook at noon. We pulled some of the juice off when I got there and added the BBQ sauce about 6. They were fall off the bone delicious!

babywings76 said:
Honestly, I'd highly recommend you create an account with EN. It's free, it's awesome. ;) You can then copy and paste it into word once you copy the note over into your account. You don't have to continue using EN. I did that once when someone else shared something in EN. I created an account just so I could copy it and then didn't really use it much because I didn't understand the system. Then I found a FB group of consultants who use it and watched some tutorials and I fell in love with it. Anyway...I'm not sure of another work around. I'll ask on the EN group and see if someone can help me. I'll be back...

Thanks for the recipes they look great!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JessicaS
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
JessicaS
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Amanda_RI
  • Pampered Chef Recipes