• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Robocalls, Do-No-Call Registry, Postcalls & Pampered Chef

In summary, the ban on robocalls takes effect on Tuesday, and only applies to telemarketing calls. Robocalls to mobile phones are already illegal. Post Calls are not the same as telemarketing calls, and would not be subject to the ban. The do-not-call registry does not apply to Post Calls, but they are subject to the reminder call list.
NooraK
Gold Member
I saw the following article on CNN today:

Ban on robocalls takes effect on Tuesday - CNN.com

It got me to thinking how any of it may or may not impact us as Pampered Chef Consultants. I don't personally use PostCalls, but have considered looking into it when my business picks up. The article does say that the new ban only applies to telemarketing calls, and "informational" calls are exempt from the rule. It also says that Robocalls to mobile phones are already illegal.

How does this apply with PostCalls? Would you consider your call a solicitation (you are asking them to come to a party to buy something), or "informational" (you're just letting them know about the party)? Does anyone know if their terms say anything about calling cell phones? Is it our responsibility to determine if the number given is a cell phone? I know that solicitation calls to cell phones in general are regulated, but if I put my cell phone down on my credit card as my home phone number, they don't know the difference.

Along the same lines, would we be bound by the do-not-call registry? For the most part, we deal with established customers, so for them it does not apply. But what about those guests who are on your Host's reminder call list?

I suppose I'm being a bit of a devil's advocate here, but I'm curious to know what everyone else thinks (and maybe I'll get KG to parody me :) ).

In my mind, post calls are not the same as telemarketers. We are given their number by the host - not randomly calling them. We are just reminding them of the party not trying to sell the something.

wadesgirl said:
In my mind, post calls are not the same as telemarketers. We are given their number by the host - not randomly calling them. We are just reminding them of the party not trying to sell the something.

I must disagree with this assessment. I think that if we are not given a number by the "owner" of that number, and we call it, that's an unsolicited random call. If I received a Post Call reminder about a party that I was planning to attend, it would immediately make me NOT want to attend. I don't like when people pass my number out (with the exception of my customers passing it to other prospective customers) - which is why I don't ask for phone numbers with guest lists.

I don't like to give out numbers (or have mine given) to certain types of people...rainbow vaccuum, book salesmen, etc...but I don't think its a problem for DS people when we have been invited to a show. I expect to receive a call to remind me of things I have been invited to. I think the way out of that is to either ask the host not to give out your number or to write on your sales receipt that you do not want to receive calls or emails. I don't call my hosts' guests, but I do ask for numbers of guests...even outside orders. I make sure they know that I will not be calling/emailing them all the time, and that I will not be sharing it with other people...DS consultants...because there are times we need to call people.

I've not Post Calls a few times and have not, yet, received a complaint. I agree it's not the same as telemarketing, though, I may forgo mentioning ordering online, and just leave it at the invitation/reminder.

You know, this may be a good question for HO.

What are robocalls and how do they relate to Pampered Chef?

Robocalls are automated phone calls that deliver a pre-recorded message. At Pampered Chef, we do not engage in robocalls as part of our marketing strategy. Our consultants are trained to only make personal, one-on-one calls to their customers.

How can I stop receiving robocalls from Pampered Chef?

If you are receiving robocalls from Pampered Chef, please let us know immediately. We take the Do-Not-Call registry seriously and only make calls to customers who have given us express permission to do so. If you no longer wish to receive calls from us, we will remove you from our calling list.

What is the Do-Not-Call Registry and how does Pampered Chef comply with it?

The Do-Not-Call Registry is a list of phone numbers that have opted out of receiving telemarketing calls. At Pampered Chef, we regularly scrub our calling list against the Do-Not-Call Registry to ensure that we are not contacting anyone who has requested not to be called.

Can I opt-out of receiving postcalls from Pampered Chef?

Postcalls are when a consultant follows up with a customer after their purchase to ensure their satisfaction and offer any additional products or services. If you do not wish to receive postcalls from your Pampered Chef consultant, you can let them know and they will respect your wishes.

What is the best way to report a robocall from Pampered Chef?

If you receive a robocall from Pampered Chef, please contact our customer service team immediately. We take these reports seriously and will investigate the matter to ensure it does not happen again. We apologize for any inconvenience and will do our best to resolve the issue promptly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • kam
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
etteluap70PC
  • magentablue