• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Roasting Pan with Rack: Stovetop Use & Open Flame?

In summary, the roasting pan can be used on the stovetop to make gravy from the drippings. It can also be used over an open flame to make turkey gravy.
Belle4562
I have a host who wants to book in Sept. and get the roasting pan with rack. She wants to know if the pan can be used on the stovetop to make gravy from the drippings. Can the roasting pan be used over an open flame say to make turkey gravy?

Great! Thanks!

Belle4562 said:
I have a host who wants to book in Sept. and get the roasting pan with rack. She wants to know if the pan can be used on the stovetop to make gravy from the drippings. Can the roasting pan be used over an open flame say to make turkey gravy?

I have rarely used mine INSIDE the oven. We make toasted cheese sandwiches on top, a dozen eggs, full package of bacon, everything that I would use a griddle for. I have a gas stove and it works great! My best investment ever!

Awesome I'm going to pass along these ideas

Me too!! I hadn't ever thought about using the roasting pan for anything other than what it was intended for!! Thanks for the tip!!

it fits 3 boxed cake mixes too...big cake :)

reba515 said:

That's an amazing idea!!

reba515 said:

Reba,

Great to know!! Do you tip the cake out of the pan or just serve from the pan?

I have a rotisserie, so I don't do a lot of oven roasting. I like the roaster for making meat sauce. I make several lasagnas at once, and I can easily put 5-6 pounds of ground beef along with all the other ingredients in the roaster. The size and shape help it to cook down quickly and easily.

Here's a couple of roasting pan flyers.
Deb:)

Attachments

• Roasting Pan easy ideas.doc
    25 KB · Views: 375
  • Roasting Pan with Rack tons of uses flyer.doc
    30.5 KB · Views: 288
Thank you everyone - I'm going to pass along all of these tips

What is the maximum temperature that the roasting pan with rack can withstand on a stovetop or open flame?

The roasting pan with rack is made of durable stainless steel and can withstand temperatures up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit on a stovetop or open flame.

Can the roasting pan with rack be used on all types of stovetops?

Yes, the roasting pan with rack is designed to be used on all types of stovetops, including gas, electric, and induction stovetops.

Is the roasting rack removable for easy cleaning?

Yes, the roasting rack can be easily removed for cleaning after use. Simply lift the rack out of the pan and wash it separately.

Can the roasting pan with rack be used without the rack on a stovetop?

Yes, the roasting pan can be used without the rack on a stovetop. It is recommended to use the rack for roasting to allow for better air circulation and to prevent food from sitting in its own juices.

What is the best way to clean the roasting pan with rack after use?

The roasting pan and rack can be washed by hand with warm soapy water or in the dishwasher. For tough stains, soak the pan and rack in warm soapy water before washing. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or utensils that could scratch the surface of the pan.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefmelody
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
KellyTheChef
Replies
Views
SpiritdancerIA
Replies
Views
cathyskitchen