• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Roasting Pan With Rack: Worth the Splurge?

you would need a sheet of aluminum foil to cover the bottom of the pan so the popcorn doesn't stick. I put mine on the middle or low setting and it works great. About once a month, I make FOUR roasts with gravy in it. 2 pork, 2 beef (because I like the blend of flavors). I feed one to my family that night, and freeze the other three for later use.I brown 10 lbs. of hamburger in it, the separate into 1 lb portions for spaghetti, taco rings, hamburger helper, etc.I hear you can use it for chex mix, but I don't care for that.Caramel popcorn is also popular.
angmillar
I have quite a few PC dollars to spend, and August is my kit enhancement month. I was thinking about buying the roasting pan with rack.

You all that have it... do you like it?? Just curious...

angmillar said:
I have quite a few PC dollars to spend, and August is my kit enhancement month. I was thinking about buying the roasting pan with rack.

You all that have it... do you like it?? Just curious...

I LOVE mine! It's awesome! My favorite features are once you take it out of the oven, you can cook your gravy in it on the stove! Then, it has pour spouts on two sides so the gravy pours out way easy! And, It's a breeze for cleanup. Even if you let it sit out for a day after a party, lol. The only thing I would suggest is if you use the rack that comes with it, spray the rack down with oil or pam or something like that. The rack is not that fun to clean. It takes longer to wash than the pan itself.

I hope this helps :)

I love it too! If I were you though I would wait until September and put together a catalog show so you can get it for 60% off! (AND it will count toward Pan-o-rama points!):cool:

...use those PC$$ for something like the forged cutlery - you can order that on a personal order at the guest special price of 20% off! ...well a show in August could get you 2 of them at 60% off too...

I think the use and care guide says not to spray it.....
I use mine for (I tell guests this at shows too and sell sevreal of them, if I can get them thinking past 2 x a year use at holidays they will buy it)
enchiladas
oven stew
oven chili
roasts
2 chickens
6 cornish hens
chex mix
caramel corn
turkey
pork loins
ham
briskets
spaghetti sauce on top of the stove
doubling the frittata recipe
taco meat for Youth dinners at church
lasagna
chicken spaghetti
pork chops and dressing

I absolutely LOVE this pan. Do I use it everyday...no. But I use it more than enough to justify it.

About once a month, I make FOUR roasts with gravy in it. 2 pork, 2 beef (because I like the blend of flavors). I feed one to my family that night, and freeze the other three for later use.

I brown 10 lbs. of hamburger in it, the separate into 1 lb portions for spaghetti, taco rings, hamburger helper, etc.

I hear you can use it for chex mix, but I don't care for that.

Caramel popcorn is also popular.

Lasanga (sp?), enchiladas (sp?), etc. for a crowd is also good.

You could also roast 4 chickens at a time, and freeze the meat for later use.

And of course, there's always the Turkey!!!lol

Definitely worth the price!

Attachments

• The Perfect (Anything) Roast.doc
    21 KB · Views: 342
  • Roasting Pan.doc
    35 KB · Views: 326
  • Roasting Pan Uses.doc
    24.5 KB · Views: 308
P.S. The recipe is mine, the others I "collected" from here.

WOW... thanks ladies!!

I think I'm gonna have to get it, but I just might wait until September and put together my own catalog show for it. I'd LOVE to get it for 60% off and save those PC $$ for supplies and such.

Thanks again!!

nikked said:
I absolutely LOVE this pan. Do I use it everyday...no. But I use it more than enough to justify it.

About once a month, I make FOUR roasts with gravy in it. 2 pork, 2 beef (because I like the blend of flavors). I feed one to my family that night, and freeze the other three for later use.

I brown 10 lbs. of hamburger in it, the separate into 1 lb portions for spaghetti, taco rings, hamburger helper, etc.

I hear you can use it for chex mix, but I don't care for that.

Caramel popcorn is also popular.

Lasanga (sp?), enchiladas (sp?), etc. for a crowd is also good.

You could also roast 4 chickens at a time, and freeze the meat for later use.

And of course, there's always the Turkey!!!lol

Definitely worth the price!

THANKS!! And, here I was just going to buy it for the turkey and ham!!

The recipes look wonderful. Yum!

Carmel Corn! Carmel Corn! Carmel Corn!

That's what I use mine for! YUMMYO

Can't believe I'm asking this, but we can use this thing on the STOVETOP??? WOW!!! Didn't know that.

And Shana, how do you do carmel corn in it?

Katie- you will LOVE the caramel corn! I make it in the roasting pan, then, after it's cool, add nuts (cashews are really good), M&Ms, and sometimes candy corn. Search the posts for caramel corn, you'll find the recipe. It uses 6 quarts of popcorn.

Katie,
Depending on yor cooktop your may not be happy with the results. I have a glass cooktop that has a bridge so the left side heats completely.

I got this from this site originally... The BEST

Oven Caramel Corn

2 Cups brown sugar
2 sticks butter
1/2 cup white corn syrup
6 qts popped corn (exactly what the large stainless steel bowl holds. 24 cups)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
Boil brown sugar, butter, syrup and salt for 5 minutes in large Roasting pan. Remove from heat and add vanilla and soda. Pour over the popped corn and stir well. ( may add 1-2 cups of nuts at this time also!) Pour mixture back into Roasting Pan (if using another pan, make sure you butter it very well!- but no need to butter with Roasting Pan!). Place in a 200 degree oven for 1 hour. Stir about every 15 minutes. Remove from oven and cool. Store in covered containers to keep crisp.

Oooooh, yummy!! The roasting pan with rack is SOLD!!

Now, I just have to figure out if I wanna get it with PC $$!!

I've used it make a huge batch of baked potato soup to feed about 20 people by putting it over 2 burners on my stovetop. Find that it works best with one front and one back burner. I also boiled 10 lbs of potatoes for a huge potato salad the other day. Sure is handy to have!

I love all of these ideas!

Nicole~ I took your flyer for the pan and updated it....I added some "ideas" that were mentioned here and I added the caramel corn recipe. Hope you don't mind!

Here it is:

Attachments

• Roast Pan with Rack tons of uses flyer.doc
    30.5 KB · Views: 281
The flyer looks great!!! I'm going to "borrow" it, if ya don't mind!

KellyTheChef said:
I love all of these ideas!

Nicole~ I took your flyer for the pan and updated it....I added some "ideas" that were mentioned here and I added the caramel corn recipe. Hope you don't mind!

Here it is:

Not at all...both of these flyers were "borrowed" from this site originally. I was just passing them on. Thanks for taking the time to condense them!

I have been cooking my sweet corn on the stove top too, about 12 ears at a time. I also bake my homemade cream style corn in the oven...to die for! Tastes so good in the middle of Iowa winters!
Deb

OOOhhhh, forgot to mention Ziploc Omelets! Directions attached...actually saw Paula Dean do these recently, too. YUMMY!

Use all your tools to make the ingredients, they boil away.

One tip is make sure you use the actual ziploc freezer bags, not generic. It does make a difference!

Attachments

• ZIPLOC Omelets.doc
    20 KB · Views: 321
I recently saw the ziploc omelets recipe in an RV magazine, then the next month they had a letter from the CEO of the ziploc company saying that you shouldn't put the bags in boiling water because they might leach chemicals into the food. I had already tried the recipe once but I won't try it again.

Joyful said:
I recently saw the ziploc omelets recipe in an RV magazine, then the next month they had a letter from the CEO of the ziploc company saying that you shouldn't put the bags in boiling water because they might leach chemicals into the food. I had already tried the recipe once but I won't try it again.
I had read this too in a Health Magazine I subscribe to - I won't be sharing this recipe at my shows!:rolleyes: BUT I do sell a ton of 8" saute pans by describing to guests about my experience making the "perfect" omelet in one, and then sliding the omelet right out of the pan onto a plate.......it seems I'm not the only one who gets excited about making a perfect omelet!:D

Oh, man. This is bursting my bubble! Paula Dean just recently did this on her show, too (it was a new episode). I'm going to contact ziploc directly, hoping that it's wrong. I love these!

Okay. Got a reply...this is from Ziploc themselves...bummer!

Ziploc Customer Service said:
Thank you for asking about using ZIPLOC® bags to make omelets. While we appreciate hearing about new and innovative ways to use our products, we must be cautious that these new ideas follow label directions.

ZIPLOC® bags are not designed or approved to withstand the extreme heat of boiling; therefore, using ZIPLOC® bags to make any recipe that requires the bag to be boiled is not recommended.

Like all of SC Johnson's products, ZIPLOC® bags can be used with confidence when label directions are followed. All ZIPLOC® containers and microwaveable ZIPLOC® bags meet the safety requirements of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for temperatures associated with defrosting and reheating food in microwave ovens, as well as room, refrigerator, and freezer temperatures.

You may be interested in trying our ZIPLOC® brand Zip 'n Steam™ Bags. These bags are made for steam cooking in the microwave and have a recipe booklet included with each package that includes a recipe for an omelette. These bags are a newer product and are just becoming available in grocery stores and stores like Wal-Mart, Kmart and Target.

OH! But see - they are just coming out with a bag that can safely be used!

Of course....that bag is direct competition for the Micro-Cooker.....:confused:

But, it seems like that is a micro-wave bag. I don't think we'd be able to boil in those either. The whole point of the ziploc omelet thing was to be able to make a bunch at a time. Couldn't do that in the microwave!

If the bag is microwave safe, that probably means it's designed to withstand some heat from the items in it being heated to boiling, so it might work for boiling. My problem is that if it's a "steamer" bag, it probably has some small vent holes, and the eggs would leak out of those.

Of course, you could just blow off the whole "it's dangerous" thing as a) a load of hooey; b) overblown panic-speak for something that hasn't been proven yet; c) panic-speak meant to sell more of the new bags or d) all of the above; and use the bags anyway.

Glad you said it and me. I plan on doing them anyways, although maybe not a shows. I love them at home though!

Ok..I'm getting the roasting pan now...w/ my free money ....from my first 90 days! It's fun spending $825! :> Not to mention 40% off :> for my 4th month being now :>

I love the roasting pan. I use it at least once a week. We are a family of 6 so it definitely gets used. I made gravy (for the 1st time ever) in it after the roast was done. Delicious! and so easy to do, especially with the silicone flat whisk. Loved it!

smilesarepriceless said:
Ok..I'm getting the roasting pan now...w/ my free money ....from my first 90 days! It's fun spending $825! :> Not to mention 40% off :> for my 4th month being now :>

Wow! Heather - that is quite a shopping spree! Congratulations, and have fun spending all that free $$$!:thumbup: :D

What is a roasting pan with rack and why is it worth the splurge?

A roasting pan with rack is a cooking tool used for roasting meats, vegetables, and other dishes in the oven. It typically consists of a large rectangular or oval-shaped pan with a removable rack that sits inside. The rack elevates the food off the bottom of the pan, allowing for better air circulation and even cooking. It is worth the splurge because it offers versatility in cooking and can produce delicious, evenly cooked meals.

What are the benefits of using a roasting pan with rack?

Using a roasting pan with rack offers several benefits, including more even cooking, better browning, and easier cleanup. The rack allows hot air to circulate around the food, ensuring that all sides cook evenly. It also elevates the food, allowing excess fat and juices to drip off, resulting in a crispy and golden exterior. Additionally, the rack makes it easier to remove the food from the pan and clean up any drippings or debris.

What materials are roasting pans with racks typically made of?

Roasting pans with racks are typically made of either stainless steel or aluminum. Stainless steel is durable, non-reactive, and can withstand high temperatures. Aluminum is also durable and conducts heat well, but it may react with acidic foods. Some roasting pans also have a non-stick coating, which can make cleanup even easier.

How do I choose the right size roasting pan with rack?

The size of the roasting pan with rack you choose will depend on the size of your oven and the amount of food you want to cook. It's essential to measure the inside of your oven to ensure that the pan will fit. Additionally, consider the size of your typical roasts or other dishes to determine the appropriate size pan. A general rule of thumb is to have at least two inches of space around the food on all sides.

What are some tips for using a roasting pan with rack?

When using a roasting pan with rack, it's essential to preheat the oven before placing the food inside. This ensures that the pan and rack are hot and ready for cooking. It's also helpful to use a meat thermometer to ensure that your food is cooked to the desired temperature. Additionally, you can add water, broth, or wine to the bottom of the pan to create steam and add flavor to the food. Finally, make sure to let the food rest for a few minutes after removing it from the oven to allow the juices to redistribute before slicing and serving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefmelody
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
KellyTheChef
  • Belle4562
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Belle4562
  • raebates