• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mastering the Art of Cooking with a Roasting Pan

In summary, has anyone cooked a lasagna yet? Yes, how much do you double and bake? How to make a cake with two or three mixes. Do you use two burners when cooking on the stove top?
its_me_susan
Has anyone cooked a lasagna yet? How much do you double and bake?

Have you seen the trio of meats ad on consultant's corner yet?

What about cakes - how many packages, how long to bake?

:)

What aboutHas anyone cooked a ham in this yet, please post your experiences
I wanted to do one for the holiday, but i think my oven is too small for the rack and the ham both

I made stew in my roasting pan - and it was ALOT of stew. I froze it for my husband to take hunting with him. I think it would be good to make chicken and dumplings in too. It cooked really evenly on the stove top.

Boomer Sooner
Shannon Overstreet

I baked a 9 1/2 pound ham in my roaster this evening. The ham was wonderful! I followed the directions that came with the ham. I have a drop in stove (it's a bit smaller than regular stoves). The roaster just fit. I had about a 1/2" space or so all around the pan.

I got my roaster a few days ago. So, I haven't had a chance to make lasagne, the trio meats or baking a cake in it. I imagine you could just double your lasagne recipe. As for the cake I would say no more than two or three cake mixes. Actually three might be a bit too much. Try two to start off with.

Do you use two burners when you're cooking on the stovetop???

I've made Chili, Veggie Soup, Hamburger Helper, Roasts, Chickens, etc, etc. in my Roasting Pan. I LOVE my Roaster! I received it as a signing bonus, :p since I signed up in July and qualified Aug 31st. I can't say ENOUGH about it! I sold one at the Bazaar I did in Nov. The lady nearly had a heart attack :eek: when I told how much it was, BUT she kept coming back to look at it and I just kept pointing out how versatile it is! :D Everytime she came by I would tell her how GREAT it is and how many different ways I use it. AND I finally sold her on laying one away. THEN before I packed up to leave she said, "Order me one, I've gotta have it!" She is actually wanting to do a show now so, she can get her daughter one! :D

And to the pp Yes, I use two burners when cooking on the stove top.

Seamstress said:
I baked a 9 1/2 pound ham in my roaster this evening. The ham was wonderful! I followed the directions that came with the ham. I have a drop in stove (it's a bit smaller than regular stoves). The roaster just fit. I had about a 1/2" space or so all around the pan.

I got my roaster a few days ago. So, I haven't had a chance to make lasagne, the trio meats or baking a cake in it. I imagine you could just double your lasagne recipe. As for the cake I would say no more than two or three cake mixes. Actually three might be a bit too much. Try two to start off with.

Do you use two burners when you're cooking on the stovetop???

I have only used this pan in the oven, and cooked a large chicken, and a small turkey in it ~ using the digital themometer it was perfection! :) Can't wait to try a pan full of roasted veggies.

DZmom said:
I've made Chili, Veggie Soup, Hamburger Helper, Roasts, Chickens, etc, etc. .

Donna, how did you know how much to use? Do you have recipes you can share?

I got mine as part of my sign up too ~ one of the reasons I decided to sign when I did. LOVE it!!!

No recipes really. I just made my normal amounts. I have a 16qt Stock Pot that I make chili in. I've made the Chili and Veggie Soups in it for years. I normally make about 10 to 12 qts of Chili and Soup at a time. My DH takes it for lunch and I send some to the other managers at his store! They so LOVE me. Most of the other wives don't/can't :eek: cook so when I send it food they just devour it! :D

For Ham Helper I make 2 boxes at a time. I food save the leftovers since the hubby can't cook very many things. On nights that I have shows or meetings, he drops the frozen food saver bags in boiling water like those old boil-in the bag meals and Voila dinner is served! :D

With my chickens and roasts I just season them they way I want. I recently came across a recipe from Betty Crocker for Honey Poppy Seed Cornish Game Hens. I used regular sized chickens and just doubled the seasoning/sauce ingredients. SO DELICIOUS!! Those poor chickens didn't stand a chance. My MIL LOVED THEM!

tips from the North Pole!I've made roasted tomato soup by roasting the veggies on 400+ degrees - it was awesome, then when washing it, I just ran the pan under warm water, some soap then, WOW, it was clean, so easy! I've also made roast chickens, our 17lb Thanksgiving Turkey.
I love it!

DZmom said:
No recipes really. I just made my normal amounts. I have a 16qt Stock Pot that I make chili in. I've made the Chili and Veggie Soups in it for years. I normally make about 10 to 12 qts of Chili and Soup at a time. My DH takes it for lunch and I send some to the other managers at his store! They so LOVE me. Most of the other wives don't/can't :eek: cook so when I send it food they just devour it! :D

For Ham Helper I make 2 boxes at a time. I food save the leftovers since the hubby can't cook very many things. On nights that I have shows or meetings, he drops the frozen food saver bags in boiling water like those old boil-in the bag meals and Voila dinner is served! :D

With my chickens and roasts I just season them they way I want. I recently came across a recipe from Betty Crocker for Honey Poppy Seed Cornish Game Hens. I used regular sized chickens and just doubled the seasoning/sauce ingredients. SO DELICIOUS!! Those poor chickens didn't stand a chance. My MIL LOVED THEM!

So did you brown the meat in the pan?

its_me_susan said:
So did you brown the meat in the pan?

Yep! Then drained it and then added it back into the pan with the seasoning and noodles. Easier to stir by doing it that way.

For Christmas Dinner I made a double batch of my Stuffing recipe in the roasting pan. We cooked the turkey (17lb) on the BBQ which left the roasting pan free.

Recipe for those who would like it:

Classic Bread Stuffing - Double Batch
1. cube 2 fat loaves of white bread & dry out overnight or for a few days in the roasting pan.
2. melt 1 cup butter, add 2 cups chopped onion (approx 2 medium onions) and 1 cup chopped celery (about 4 stalks) and cook until softened. (I guess you could use the roasting pan for this part on top of the stove - I had a very full stovetop and didn't have room)
3. in small bowl combine 2 teaspoons salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, 4 teaspoons of poultry seasoning, and a couple springs of fresh herbs (sage, rosemary, savoury, thyme, margoram, etc.).
4. pour onion mixture into breadcrumbs and toss. Add spice mixture and toss to distribute spices around. Add 4 cups hot water (or broth) for a moister dressing.
5. cover with tinfoil and cook for 45-50 minutes at 400F. For crispy top take off tinfoil for last 10-15 minutes.

Notes: this same recipe can be used to stuff a bird. Half the recipe will make enough for an 8-10lb turkey.

For Thanksgiving we BBQ'ed our turkey too, except it was too large for the rotisserie so we ended up putting our 22lb turkey in the roasting pan on top of the grill for the last 3 hours. The one drawback - cooking the bird this way left no juices in the pan for gravy.

All the best for New Years!

Last edited:
adventurechef said:
For Christmas Dinner I made a double batch of my Stuffing recipe in the roasting pan. We cooked the turkey (17lb) on the BBQ which left the roasting pan free.

Recipe for those who would like it:

Classic Bread Stuffing - Double Batch
1. cube 2 fat loaves of white bread & dry out overnight or for a few days in the roasting pan.
2. melt 1 cup butter, add 2 cups chopped onion (approx 2 medium onions) and 1 cup chopped celery (about 4 stalks) and cook until softened. (I guess you could use the roasting pan for this part on top of the stove - I had a very full stovetop and didn't have room)
3. in small bowl combine 2 teaspoons salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, 4 teaspoons of poultry seasoning, and a couple springs of fresh herbs (sage, rosemary, savoury, thyme, margoram, etc.).
4. pour onion mixture into breadcrumbs and toss. Add spice mixture and toss to distribute spices around. Add 4 cups hot water (or broth) for a moister dressing.
5. cover with tinfoil and cook for 45-50 minutes at 400F. For crispy top take off tinfoil for last 10-15 minutes.

Notes: this same recipe can be used to stuff a bird. Half the recipe will make enough for an 8-10lb turkey.

For Thanksgiving we BBQ'ed our turkey too, except it was too large for the rotisserie so we ended up putting our 22lb turkey in the roasting pan on top of the grill for the last 3 hours. The one drawback - cooking the bird this way left no juices in the pan for gravy.

All the best for New Years!

Anyone make a double cake mix yet? Test kitchens haven't written me back about cooking times yet... I'm curious. :)

its_me_susan said:
Have you seen the trio of meats ad on consultant's corner yet?

Where do you find this on CC? I cannot find it. I need to use my pan for something other than baking my turkey to not feel so guilty for buying it even at 60% off.

It is at the bottom of the download section on CC.

cmdtrgd said:
It is at the bottom of the download section on CC.

I just emailed them again on this. Will let you know.

What is the best type of meat to roast in a roasting pan?

The best type of meat to roast in a roasting pan is typically larger cuts of meat, such as a whole chicken, turkey, or beef roast. These types of meats are able to cook evenly and retain moisture in a roasting pan.

Can I use a roasting pan for anything other than meat?

Yes, roasting pans can also be used for roasting vegetables, such as potatoes, carrots, and Brussels sprouts. You can also use a roasting pan to make casseroles, lasagnas, and other baked dishes.

Do I need to season my roasting pan before using it?

It is recommended to season your roasting pan before using it for the first time. To do this, simply rub the inside of the pan with vegetable oil and place it in a preheated oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about an hour. This will help prevent food from sticking to the pan and ensure even cooking.

How do I clean a roasting pan?

To clean a roasting pan, first remove any excess food and debris. Then fill the pan with hot water and a few drops of dish soap. Let it soak for a few minutes before scrubbing with a non-abrasive sponge or brush. Rinse with hot water and dry thoroughly before storing.

Can I use a roasting pan on the stovetop?

No, roasting pans are not suitable for stovetop use. They are designed to be used in the oven. Using a roasting pan on the stovetop can cause damage to the pan and potentially create a fire hazard.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Teresa Lynn
  • JessicaS
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
JessicaS
  • pctharper