• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Roasting pan recipes

its_me_susan

Senior Member
Jul 31, 2005
2,053
10
Has anyone cooked a lasagna yet? How much do you double and bake?

Have you seen the trio of meats ad on consultant's corner yet?

What about cakes - how many packages, how long to bake?

:)
 

Mom4kanda

Member
Aug 24, 2005
80
0
What about

Has anyone cooked a ham in this yet, please post your experiences
I wanted to do one for the holiday, but i think my oven is too small for the rack and the ham both
 

Sooner PC

Member
Sep 30, 2005
247
0
I made stew in my roasting pan - and it was ALOT of stew. I froze it for my husband to take hunting with him. I think it would be good to make chicken and dumplings in too. It cooked really evenly on the stove top.

Boomer Sooner
Shannon Overstreet
 
Nov 9, 2005
13
0
I baked a 9 1/2 pound ham in my roaster this evening. The ham was wonderful! I followed the directions that came with the ham. I have a drop in stove (it's a bit smaller than regular stoves). The roaster just fit. I had about a 1/2" space or so all around the pan.

I got my roaster a few days ago. So, I haven't had a chance to make lasagne, the trio meats or baking a cake in it. I imagine you could just double your lasagne recipe. As for the cake I would say no more than two or three cake mixes. Actually three might be a bit too much. Try two to start off with.

Do you use two burners when you're cooking on the stovetop???
 

DZmom

Veteran Member
Jun 20, 2005
1,063
2
I've made Chili, Veggie Soup, Hamburger Helper, Roasts, Chickens, etc, etc. in my Roasting Pan. I LOVE my Roaster! I received it as a signing bonus, :p since I signed up in July and qualified Aug 31st. I can't say ENOUGH about it! I sold one at the Bazaar I did in Nov. The lady nearly had a heart attack :eek: when I told how much it was, BUT she kept coming back to look at it and I just kept pointing out how versatile it is! :D Everytime she came by I would tell her how GREAT it is and how many different ways I use it. AND I finally sold her on laying one away. THEN before I packed up to leave she said, "Order me one, I've gotta have it!" She is actually wanting to do a show now so, she can get her daughter one! :D

And to the pp Yes, I use two burners when cooking on the stove top.
 

its_me_susan

Senior Member
Jul 31, 2005
2,053
10
Seamstress said:
I baked a 9 1/2 pound ham in my roaster this evening. The ham was wonderful! I followed the directions that came with the ham. I have a drop in stove (it's a bit smaller than regular stoves). The roaster just fit. I had about a 1/2" space or so all around the pan.

I got my roaster a few days ago. So, I haven't had a chance to make lasagne, the trio meats or baking a cake in it. I imagine you could just double your lasagne recipe. As for the cake I would say no more than two or three cake mixes. Actually three might be a bit too much. Try two to start off with.

Do you use two burners when you're cooking on the stovetop???

I have only used this pan in the oven, and cooked a large chicken, and a small turkey in it ~ using the digital themometer it was perfection! :) Can't wait to try a pan full of roasted veggies.
 

its_me_susan

Senior Member
Jul 31, 2005
2,053
10
DZmom said:
I've made Chili, Veggie Soup, Hamburger Helper, Roasts, Chickens, etc, etc. .

Donna, how did you know how much to use? Do you have recipes you can share?

I got mine as part of my sign up too ~ one of the reasons I decided to sign when I did. LOVE it!!!
 

DZmom

Veteran Member
Jun 20, 2005
1,063
2
No recipes really. I just made my normal amounts. I have a 16qt Stock Pot that I make chili in. I've made the Chili and Veggie Soups in it for years. I normally make about 10 to 12 qts of Chili and Soup at a time. My DH takes it for lunch and I send some to the other managers at his store! They so LOVE me. Most of the other wives don't/can't :eek: cook so when I send it food they just devour it! :D

For Ham Helper I make 2 boxes at a time. I food save the leftovers since the hubby can't cook very many things. On nights that I have shows or meetings, he drops the frozen food saver bags in boiling water like those old boil-in the bag meals and Voila dinner is served! :D

With my chickens and roasts I just season them they way I want. I recently came across a recipe from Betty Crocker for Honey Poppy Seed Cornish Game Hens. I used regular sized chickens and just doubled the seasoning/sauce ingredients. SO DELICIOUS!! Those poor chickens didn't stand a chance. My MIL LOVED THEM!
 

cwcollins

Novice Member
Dec 20, 2005
44
0
tips from the North Pole!

I've made roasted tomato soup by roasting the veggies on 400+ degrees - it was awesome, then when washing it, I just ran the pan under warm water, some soap then, WOW, it was clean, so easy! I've also made roast chickens, our 17lb Thanksgiving Turkey.
I love it!
 

its_me_susan

Senior Member
Jul 31, 2005
2,053
10
DZmom said:
No recipes really. I just made my normal amounts. I have a 16qt Stock Pot that I make chili in. I've made the Chili and Veggie Soups in it for years. I normally make about 10 to 12 qts of Chili and Soup at a time. My DH takes it for lunch and I send some to the other managers at his store! They so LOVE me. Most of the other wives don't/can't :eek: cook so when I send it food they just devour it! :D

For Ham Helper I make 2 boxes at a time. I food save the leftovers since the hubby can't cook very many things. On nights that I have shows or meetings, he drops the frozen food saver bags in boiling water like those old boil-in the bag meals and Voila dinner is served! :D

With my chickens and roasts I just season them they way I want. I recently came across a recipe from Betty Crocker for Honey Poppy Seed Cornish Game Hens. I used regular sized chickens and just doubled the seasoning/sauce ingredients. SO DELICIOUS!! Those poor chickens didn't stand a chance. My MIL LOVED THEM!

So did you brown the meat in the pan?
 

DZmom

Veteran Member
Jun 20, 2005
1,063
2
its_me_susan said:
So did you brown the meat in the pan?

Yep! Then drained it and then added it back into the pan with the seasoning and noodles. Easier to stir by doing it that way.
 

adventurechef

Member
Sep 5, 2005
172
0
For Christmas Dinner I made a double batch of my Stuffing recipe in the roasting pan. We cooked the turkey (17lb) on the BBQ which left the roasting pan free.

Recipe for those who would like it:

Classic Bread Stuffing - Double Batch
1. cube 2 fat loaves of white bread & dry out overnight or for a few days in the roasting pan.
2. melt 1 cup butter, add 2 cups chopped onion (approx 2 medium onions) and 1 cup chopped celery (about 4 stalks) and cook until softened. (I guess you could use the roasting pan for this part on top of the stove - I had a very full stovetop and didn't have room)
3. in small bowl combine 2 teaspoons salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, 4 teaspoons of poultry seasoning, and a couple springs of fresh herbs (sage, rosemary, savoury, thyme, margoram, etc.).
4. pour onion mixture into breadcrumbs and toss. Add spice mixture and toss to distribute spices around. Add 4 cups hot water (or broth) for a moister dressing.
5. cover with tinfoil and cook for 45-50 minutes at 400F. For crispy top take off tinfoil for last 10-15 minutes.

Notes: this same recipe can be used to stuff a bird. Half the recipe will make enough for an 8-10lb turkey.

For Thanksgiving we BBQ'ed our turkey too, except it was too large for the rotisserie so we ended up putting our 22lb turkey in the roasting pan on top of the grill for the last 3 hours. The one drawback - cooking the bird this way left no juices in the pan for gravy.

All the best for New Years!
 
Last edited:

its_me_susan

Senior Member
Jul 31, 2005
2,053
10
adventurechef said:
For Christmas Dinner I made a double batch of my Stuffing recipe in the roasting pan. We cooked the turkey (17lb) on the BBQ which left the roasting pan free.

Recipe for those who would like it:

Classic Bread Stuffing - Double Batch
1. cube 2 fat loaves of white bread & dry out overnight or for a few days in the roasting pan.
2. melt 1 cup butter, add 2 cups chopped onion (approx 2 medium onions) and 1 cup chopped celery (about 4 stalks) and cook until softened. (I guess you could use the roasting pan for this part on top of the stove - I had a very full stovetop and didn't have room)
3. in small bowl combine 2 teaspoons salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, 4 teaspoons of poultry seasoning, and a couple springs of fresh herbs (sage, rosemary, savoury, thyme, margoram, etc.).
4. pour onion mixture into breadcrumbs and toss. Add spice mixture and toss to distribute spices around. Add 4 cups hot water (or broth) for a moister dressing.
5. cover with tinfoil and cook for 45-50 minutes at 400F. For crispy top take off tinfoil for last 10-15 minutes.

Notes: this same recipe can be used to stuff a bird. Half the recipe will make enough for an 8-10lb turkey.

For Thanksgiving we BBQ'ed our turkey too, except it was too large for the rotisserie so we ended up putting our 22lb turkey in the roasting pan on top of the grill for the last 3 hours. The one drawback - cooking the bird this way left no juices in the pan for gravy.

All the best for New Years!

Anyone make a double cake mix yet? Test kitchens haven't written me back about cooking times yet... I'm curious. :)
 

jrstephens

Legend Member
Feb 18, 2006
7,133
0
its_me_susan said:
Have you seen the trio of meats ad on consultant's corner yet?

Where do you find this on CC? I cannot find it. I need to use my pan for something other than baking my turkey to not feel so guilty for buying it even at 60% off.
 
Top