• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Revamp Your Roasting Game: Tips for Moist, Flavorful Meals Without a Lid

In summary, a customer is dissatisfied with their roasting pan because it does not come with a lid. The consultant suggests providing the customer with a roasting pan flyer and recipes to help her make the most of her purchase. The consultant also shares her personal positive experience with the roasting pan and emphasizes the importance of using the right cooking method for different types of food. The consultant also suggests that the customer may be confusing roasting with braising, which requires a lid to keep moisture in.
smilesarepriceless
Gold Member
anyone have customers say that they are dissatisfied with their roasting pan, b/c there is no lid..and there food doesn't seem to be as moist?

It's my husband's stepmom..who bought it from a show i had last summer( before I was a consultant) but I kind of want to tell her something..maybe as a hope to not give up on it..

Roasting pan flyerHave you printed out the roasting pan flyer that is available on CC? It's great!! I gave one to everyone who purchased one from me. I have a host getting it with her 60% off. I plan to give her recipes too. It has lots of great information.

Personally I love mine. I don't use it as much as my other pans of course, only when I plan to make a large quantity of meats. Like more than one chicken in the oven, brisket, or a couple of roasts. I think the meat is moist and the quality of the pan is wonderful.

https://www.pamperedchef.com/images/cc/us/pdf/jan06_investment_cooking.pdf

Debbie :D

Oh read this!!I just found this online. It's great to read about roasting pans from an expert. And it looks just like ours!!!! I personally cook my turkey for thanksgiving in a bag, so it always comes out moist. I sometimes make roasts in a bag too and my veggies! I have baked chickens in the pan with foil and then remove when almost done to brown skin. I love the sturdiness of the roasting pan. It can handle lots of heavy meat.

What Experts Consider - Buying Guides for Roasting Pans at Cooking.com

This expert says nothing about a lid.

Debbie :D

I'm not trying to insult her cooking, but is she keeping a close eye on the food temp? I have created totally dry chickens before (so bad my hubby banned me from making them)...once I figured out the whole temp thing it made life easier (and tastier).

What is she making in it?

She's actually confusing roasting with braising. Roasting is a DRY HEAT method of cooking... that's why there is no lid! When you roast, you want the heat to get all around the food (that's why there is a rack... to raise it off the bottom of the pan so the heat can get around it). Braising is a MOIST HEAT method... that's when a lid is used to keep the moisture in.

Here is what it says on Epicurious.com:

roast v. To oven-cook food in an uncovered pan, a method that usually produces a well-browned exterior and ideally a moist interior. Roasting requires reasonably tender pieces of meat or poultry. Tougher pieces of meat need moist cooking methods such as braising.
braise [BRAYZ]
A cooking method by which food (usually meat or vegetables) is first browned in fat, then cooked, tightly covered, in a small amount of liquid at low heat for a lengthy period of time. The long, slow cooking develops flavor and tenderizes foods by gently breaking down their fibers. Braising can be done on top of the range or in the oven. A tight-fitting lid is very important to prevent the liquid from evaporating.

With that, she might be having trouble because she's not choosing the right kinds of foods to roast... either way, these definitions might be able to help her.

I also use a bag for my turkey... put it in the bag right into our roasting pan. It's the best!

finley1991 said:
She's actually confusing roasting with braising. Roasting is a DRY HEAT method of cooking... that's why there is no lid! When you roast, you want the heat to get all around the food (that's why there is a rack... to raise it off the bottom of the pan so the heat can get around it). Braising is a MOIST HEAT method... that's when a lid is used to keep the moisture in.

Here is what it says on Epicurious.com:

roast v. To oven-cook food in an uncovered pan, a method that usually produces a well-browned exterior and ideally a moist interior. Roasting requires reasonably tender pieces of meat or poultry. Tougher pieces of meat need moist cooking methods such as braising.
braise [BRAYZ]
A cooking method by which food (usually meat or vegetables) is first browned in fat, then cooked, tightly covered, in a small amount of liquid at low heat for a lengthy period of time. The long, slow cooking develops flavor and tenderizes foods by gently breaking down their fibers. Braising can be done on top of the range or in the oven. A tight-fitting lid is very important to prevent the liquid from evaporating.

With that, she might be having trouble because she's not choosing the right kinds of foods to roast... either way, these definitions might be able to help her.

I also use a bag for my turkey... put it in the bag right into our roasting pan. It's the best!
Wasn't even my question but thanks for sharing! Your knowledge is amazing!

I know that they say to use it uncovered, but I still put foil over whatever I put in the roaster.

Thanks for the feedback ladies..I'm going to print the flyer, and put some of the info from above together and send it to her...Hopefully she'll think i'm being helpful :>

I think it was a roast she did...

1. What material is the roasting pan made of?

The roasting pan is made of heavy-duty carbon steel, which ensures even heat distribution and durability.

2. Can this roasting pan be used on the stovetop?

No, this roasting pan is not suitable for stovetop use. It is designed to be used in the oven.

3. What is the size of the roasting pan?

The roasting pan measures 13.25" x 9.25" x 2.5", making it the perfect size for roasting a variety of meats and vegetables.

4. Is this roasting pan dishwasher safe?

Yes, this roasting pan is dishwasher safe for easy and convenient cleaning.

5. Does the roasting pan come with a warranty?

Yes, all Pampered Chef products come with a satisfaction guarantee and a limited lifetime warranty. If you are not satisfied with your roasting pan, you can return it for a replacement or refund.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
PamperedDor
  • chefbilyeu
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefNic
Replies
Views
Admin Greg