• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Roasting Pan, Ice Bucket/Shaker and Martini Glasses, or Snowmen Appetizer Plates?

In summary, the person has decided to go with the roasting pan, the snowmen plates, and the meat lifters because they feel like they will use them the most and they are the easiest products to sell. They also think that the glasses and martini glass are not that great for personal use.
erinhoward
Because I signed up in Sept and got $1250 in sales, I have my choice of the following products. I think I might get the most personal use out of the roasting pan, but I'm also taking into consideration what would be most likely to sell at my upcoming shows in Oct/Nov/Dec if I have them on display. The roasting pan is $125 and I just feel like that is too expensive for most people when it's so easy to use a foil or cheap-o one, and the barware or snowmen plates would sell better, but maybe I shouldn't make that assumption.

Opinions?

# Ice Bucket & Shaker Set, Dots Martini Glasses and Drink Charms.
# Roasting Pan with Rack. Roomy enough to roast a 20-pound turkey.
# Snowmen Appetizer Plates, Snowmen Rectangular Platter, Appetizer Plate Stand. Plates and platter are ideal for displaying homemade holiday cookies and candies

WOW!! The roasting pan is a limited item for me to use personally. I don't cook the turkey here and if I want to roast a chicken, ham, etc I use the DCB. The Ice Bucket set, is something you could demo and use year round. The Snowmen plates you could use now. I have used the appitizer plates as gift's for school teachers and they loved them.

If you like the roasting pan you should get it. You can tell guests they can purchase it for free or 1/2 price by having a party. It is really a great pan. I've had no interest from customers in the ice bucket or shaker set. The meat lifters are an incredibly solid and worthy set (#2715) and are fabulous for all roasts that you may cook. You may want to purchase a few other items with PC dollars.

I personally don't take any of those items to my shows! I would go with what you want, just because you earn it doesn't mean you have to take it to your shows.

I'm just thinking since it is the holiday season it's a good time to bring any of those 3 to the shows - the snow men plates are probably the most limited use both personally and for shows, I could probably use the roasting pan near Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter both personally and at shows.

wadesgirl said:
I personally don't take any of those items to my shows! I would go with what you want, just because you earn it doesn't mean you have to take it to your shows.

I agree. Get what YOU would use. It is so much easier to sell/talk about items YOU love and use all the time.

I would be hesitant to order the Snowman plates just to bring to shows - unless you have lots of shows to bring them to this year. Last year's plates were a 1-season only item, so I am expecting these to be only available this year and (most likely) be discontinued at the end of this season.

I have a couple products I got to bring to shows (products I wouldn't have really ever chosen for myslef) and then they are discontinued and since I didn't really want them for myself - they just sit in the closet.

JMO :)

I have recently signed too, and have my grand opening parties this weekend.

I knew I didn't want the roasting pan for two reasons. I have one that I already hate and I never use it. In my opinion it makes the biggest mess out of my oven that I never want to deal again with in my life.

I have read mixed reviews on the quality of the shaker. Plus, I don't see myself ever taking the glasses to a show due to them being glass and my luck of breaking them. I wouldn't use a martini glass at home either.

However, I finally did decide to go with the snowman plates. I am using them as incentives to book parties in December.

It cracks me up to read all the different opinions about this subject.Definitely get what YOU will use and think you will love. In my opinion, that is YOUR reward for succeeding (CONGRATS, btw). I am not in love with the ice bucket and shaker because while they truly are probably nice items - I think they look cheap and I personally wouldn't want them. I feel like if I drop them they are going to crack or break. I just don't like the snowman plates because I am not a snowman person them but using them as gifts or incentive is a good idea if you really hate the roasting pan.Basically, follow your heart and gut feeling on this one and enjoy whichever one you choose!just my 2 cents...Have an awesome day, ladies!...err and gentleman, too!

I'm hoping to qualify to earn one of these sets, too (I just officially became a consultant today!), and I'm leaning toward the martini glasses, shaker and ice bucket. I think the snowman plates are really cute, but I feel lik they'd have such a limited time that I could use them at shows that I'm not sure if they'd be worth it.

robochick84 said:
However, I finally did decide to go with the snowman plates. I am using them as incentives to book parties in December.

Oo, using the plates as an incentive is a really good idea. I hadn't thought of that. Hmm....

I ditto the pp's. Get what YOU will love and use! This is your reward, so use it to reward yourself! I have NEVER purchased a product for "show only" that I will not use at home b/c to me that's a waste of $$ and space. Our products are awesome and they sell themselves. I LOVE to show and talk about the products that I LOVE to use, but if I'm not going to use the snowman plates or the ice buckets- why waste the opportunity to get a product that you will love for FREE? It's a reward for qualifying in your first 30 days, so treat yourself, and brag to all your hosts and customers that PC treated to you this INCREDIBLE FREE product for being SO successful in your biz!

I fell in love with those snowmen plates the minute I saw them and that's what I'm going for. I won't use an ice bucket and I'm not gonna cook a turkey. I figure the snowmen plates are something I wouldn't normally buy for myself, so it's like a present to me. :) I guess this means I need to do some holiday hosting to show them off!!

My MIL likes snowmen. If things get real bad around here, I could always give her the plates for Christmas. Or, maybe not!

I personally would get the roaster, but only because it's been on my wish list and I have all the other stuff! (And I'm hosting Thanksgiving for my DH family this year). Obviously, get what is on your wish list!!! It's your prize!

You need to get what you would use in your kitchen.

When I started I thought I needed EVERY product, but as I have been doing this for 4 years and there have been multiple items that I have never used and now sit in closets I have realized that unless I would use it in my kitchen, I don't need it.

Not totally sure on this but the Snowman plates are probably limited to this year only, so you wouldn't show them again next year, but they would be awesome for your personal use.

Well, I'm going to jump on the "get what you'll use" bandwagon. But since I'm also a busy-body, I'm going to list some pros and cons about each set.Roasting Pan: it's large to store, and you probably won't take it to shows. But if you use it, you'll be able to talk about it intelligently to customers who ask. It's also great for so much more than roasting meats. I use mine to make caramel corn - the nonstick finish makes clean up so easy! You can also use it on the stovetop to brown a LOT of ground beef at one time (10 pounds, I think).Cocktail set: this set is really nice, but parts of it aren't worth taking to shows. Because there's a limited guarantee on the glasses, mine don't travel. But the ice bucket and shaker ARE very nice, and people will be interested if you take them to shows. Especially if you offer a "drinks and appetizers" show theme. And for those who think the shaker is only for alcoholic beverages, it's great for making thoroughly chilled iced coffee, or for mixing vinaigrette-type salad dressings. The drink charms are useless, though.Snowman plates: nice for holiday shows, or to use as gifts. But I agree with the above posters, in that the pattern is probably going to be in the catalog for this season only. So unless you want them for your personal use, I'd recommend getting something that you can get several seasons of demos from. Even without the plates, you can talk at shows about splitting the set of app. plates into 4 individual gifts.

Almost forgot- you can get samples of the new fall items (snowmen plates, cocktail items except drink charms) at 50% off until the end of your 6th week as a consultant.

chefann said:
Well, I'm going to jump on the "get what you'll use" bandwagon.

But since I'm also a busy-body, I'm going to list some pros and cons about each set.

Roasting Pan: it's large to store, and you probably won't take it to shows. But if you use it, you'll be able to talk about it intelligently to customers who ask. It's also great for so much more than roasting meats. I use mine to make caramel corn - the nonstick finish makes clean up so easy! You can also use it on the stovetop to brown a LOT of ground beef at one time (10 pounds, I think).

Cocktail set: this set is really nice, but parts of it aren't worth taking to shows. Because there's a limited guarantee on the glasses, mine don't travel. But the ice bucket and shaker ARE very nice, and people will be interested if you take them to shows. Especially if you offer a "drinks and appetizers" show theme. And for those who think the shaker is only for alcoholic beverages, it's great for making thoroughly chilled iced coffee, or for mixing vinaigrette-type salad dressings. The drink charms are useless, though.

Snowman plates: nice for holiday shows, or to use as gifts. But I agree with the above posters, in that the pattern is probably going to be in the catalog for this season only. So unless you want them for your personal use, I'd recommend getting something that you can get several seasons of demos from. Even without the plates, you can talk at shows about splitting the set of app. plates into 4 individual gifts.

See, now I totally want this!!! I thought that I wanted it before, but now I NEED it!!! :love: I love caramel corn and that is an awesome tip for the ground beef! Guess I need to book a few more shows so I can earn some more money for stuff!!!!

chefann said:
Almost forgot- you can get samples of the new fall items (snowmen plates, cocktail items except drink charms) at 50% off until the end of your 6th week as a consultant.

that is good to know!

1. What is the material of the roasting pan?

The roasting pan is made of heavy-duty carbon steel with a non-stick coating for easy cleaning.

2. Can the ice bucket/shaker be used for both hot and cold drinks?

Yes, the ice bucket/shaker is made of double-walled stainless steel, making it suitable for both hot and cold beverages.

3. Are the martini glasses dishwasher safe?

Yes, the martini glasses are dishwasher safe for easy cleaning.

4. How many snowmen appetizer plates come in a set?

The snowmen appetizer plates come in a set of four, perfect for serving small bites or desserts at a holiday party.

5. Is the roasting pan oven safe?

Yes, the roasting pan is oven safe up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit, making it ideal for roasting meats and vegetables.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chefgirl2
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Lisa/ChefBear
  • chefann
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
cathyskitchen
  • chezshelly