• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How to Roast Potatoes Perfectly for Your Roast Beef

In summary, the conversation discusses different methods for roasting potatoes, including using a counter-top roaster, a large bar pan, and a deep covered baker (DCB) in the microwave. Some people prefer to roast their potatoes separately from the roast to achieve a crispy texture, while others prefer to cook them around the roast for added flavor. One suggestion is to cook the potatoes in the liquid for 30 minutes before transferring to a bar pan for crisping. Another method mentioned is to toss the potatoes in oil and spices and microwave them for a quick and easy option.
kcjodih
Gold Member
I know this seems like a silly question but I'll ask anyway :) How do YOU roast your potatoes?

I'm making a huge roast beef - 8-10 LBS, can't remember since we had a family emergency and I had to freeze it at the last minute last month. I like to cook it in my plug in counter top roaster so that I can use my oven for munchies and yorkshire pudding. My problem is whether I cook my roast this way or in the oven with the required spices and liquid for gravy (I usually do about a cup to cup and a half of liquid) surrounded by potatoes and carrots, my veggies come out fork tender but don't have the 'roasted/slightly crispy' that I enjoy :(

Is there something I'm not doing that I could to get the desired results? I usually add my veggies about an hour and a half before the roast is done or just under an hour in the roaster on the counter since it's so quick. What can I do differently? What do you do?

Well, if there's liquid in there they wouldn't crisp up.I roast mine in the large bar pan. Cut them into cubes/wedges, toss them in whatever spices and some EVOO, and roast away.

Ditto Keith's answer here. I think I roast around 400 degrees with whatever spices strike my fancy that day and EVOO or garlic oil. My favorite way to make them actually is with Lipton Onion Soup Mix -- recipe on the box. But, the bar pan method crisps them up nicely!

So neither of you put them around your roast? I know when we're just having potatoes as a side with other things I'll cube them and use rosemary and EVOO and garlic and use the large bar pan but when I'm doing a roast I always put them around it like grandma use to do....hmmm

I have put them around my roast, and they are delicious. However, they don't really get crispy that way, at least when I do it.

Keith is right, if there is liquid they won't crisp up. Try this (this would be an experiment since I've never done it). Cook the veggies in the liquid for 30 minutes to get the flavor of the roast then transfer to the Lg Bar Pan to crisp a bit. Do you think that would work?

I Roast Potatoes in the DCB and they come out great in the microwave. I cut about 4 large potatoes into small cubes, toss in a little olive oil, kosher salt, pepper, paprika and chopped Italian Parsley. Microwave uncovered for 8 minutes, stirred potatoes then microwaved about another 6 minutes. Time in the microwave will vary but they came out sooo good.

1. How do I prep the potatoes for roasting?

To achieve perfectly roasted potatoes for your roast beef, start by prepping the potatoes. Wash and scrub the potatoes to remove any dirt. Then, peel the potatoes and cut them into evenly sized pieces, about 1-2 inches in diameter.

2. What type of oil should I use for roasting potatoes?

For best results, use a high smoke point oil such as vegetable, canola, or avocado oil. These oils can withstand high temperatures without burning and will help the potatoes achieve a crispy exterior.

3. Should I boil the potatoes before roasting them?

No, you do not need to boil the potatoes before roasting. Simply coat them in oil and seasonings before placing them on a baking sheet.

4. How long do I roast the potatoes for?

The cooking time may vary depending on the size and type of potatoes, but a general rule of thumb is to roast them for 30-40 minutes at 400°F. Be sure to flip the potatoes halfway through cooking to ensure even browning.

5. Can I add other vegetables to the roasting pan with the potatoes?

Absolutely! Adding other vegetables such as carrots, onions, or Brussels sprouts can add extra flavor and variety to your roasted potatoes. Just make sure to cut them into similar sizes to ensure even cooking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcjodih
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Kitchen Diva
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
lt1jane