• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Roasted Garlic and Red Pepper Potato Cups

In summary, to make crispy potato cups, dry the potatoes thoroughly, brush with oil, and cook at a high temperature. Any type of potato can be used, but starchy ones will result in a crispier cup. Other ingredients like cheese or herbs can be added, but adjust cooking time accordingly. Potato cups can be made ahead of time and reheated, but may not be as crispy. Different seasonings can be used, such as Italian or Cajun, instead of roasted garlic and red pepper.
PamperedK
Silver Member
Has anyone made these before? They're in the Easy & Impressive Appetizers book.

The garlic doesn't want to break down - i have whole cloves in my cream cheese mixture....I'm not sure what I did wrong. :(

Also my filling is really runny and pink, not the nice creamy texture they show in the picture.

Any ideas?

I was going to say I hadn't, but that they sounded really good...until I read your post. Now I'm not so sure. :yuck: :D:D:D

Yeah it looks weird. I have the filling in the fridge - I'm hoping that helps...I'll let you know how they turn out!

Are the red peppers in the filling? Did it say to blot the peppers on paper towels? I'm thinking there may have been too much liquid from the peppers

I did blot them but I may have been a bit lazy with that step, so that could be why....it's thickened up a lot and it smells really good...it's just a silly pink colour. I hope this works out...now to see if I can get the garlic cloves to break down a bit more....

Mmmm these turned out really well and got rave reviews! highly recommended!I chopped the red peppers with the food chopper an dthink that might have something to do with the pinkness....it let out too much juice. I'd recommend cutting them with a knife.

Oh! I'd also recommend using really small potatoes and making them bite-sized. :)

1. How do I make the potato cups crispy?

To make the potato cups crispy, make sure to thoroughly dry the potatoes after washing them and before placing them in the oven. Also, brushing them with oil and cooking them at a high temperature will help achieve a crispy texture.

2. Can I use different types of potatoes for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of potato for this recipe. However, starchy potatoes like russets or Yukon golds will result in a crispier cup, while waxy potatoes like red or new potatoes will be softer.

3. Can I add other ingredients to the potato cups?

Yes, you can add other ingredients such as cheese, bacon, or herbs to the potato cups before baking. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly and keep an eye on them to prevent burning.

4. Can I make the potato cups ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the potato cups ahead of time and reheat them in the oven before serving. However, they may not be as crispy as when they are freshly baked.

5. Can I use a different type of seasoning instead of roasted garlic and red pepper?

Yes, you can use any type of seasoning you prefer or have on hand. Some suggestions include Italian seasoning, Cajun seasoning, or garlic and herb seasoning.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies