• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking Beef Roast in the DCB Microwave?

In summary, many people have had success cooking pork tenderloin in the Deep Covered Baker, but there is debate about whether a beef roast would work well in the microwave. Some have tried it and found that it did not fall apart as well as it does in a crockpot, while others have noticed a significant difference in flavor and texture when using the DCB compared to other pots or slow cookers. Many have also noticed that their family prefers the taste of food cooked in the Deep Covered Baker. Some have even referred to it as a "magic pot" or "blessings pot" for its convenience and delicious results. However, there is still some uncertainty about whether to cook the roast in the oven or microwave, and many are
caraighan
Gold Member
has anyone made a beef roast in the DCB in the microwave? a customer wants to know... I've only made the pork tenderloin.

Thanks!

Many people have asked this question.

I just don't think that a beef roast would work well in the micro...:yuck:

My sister said she tried it and although it was good it didn't fall apart as well as it does in the crock pot. She said it took about an hour to cook.

I have not tried it but I will be. What I can tell you is that if you compare a beef roast in the oven that is cooked in the DCB vs another pot OR in a slow cooker ... MY family can tell the difference EVERY time. Even my little ones. I've tried and tested and they complain right away because they can tell the difference.

quiverfull7 said:
I have not tried it but I will be. What I can tell you is that if you compare a beef roast in the oven that is cooked in the DCB vs another pot OR in a slow cooker ... MY family can tell the difference EVERY time. Even my little ones. I've tried and tested and they complain right away because they can tell the difference.

and which do they prefer?

gailz2 said:
and which do they prefer?

That's what I'm wondering too!

Hey Di, do they like the DCB or the Crockpot better???:confused:

OH MY... Sorry... I thought all you PC'ers would automatically KNOW WHICH ONE!!!!!!!!
THE DEEP COVERED BAKER!!!!!!!!!!!
Seriously... I bought 4 chuck roasts at the same time. I cooked two one night in the DCB's (big family... 2 DCB's) About 10 days later, because of my schedule I thought I'd put them in the crock pot instead. You should have heard the questions about what I had done different and "don't buy meat where you got tonight's again ok?" and why doesn't it taste like last weeks. I had done NOTHING different seasoning wise AT ALL! And it was done to the same level of "doneness" both nights but the flavor and everything was far better in the DCB... I LOVE THAT THING! Sold 15 in March and can't wait to show it at every show!

quiverfull7 said:
OH MY... Sorry... I thought all you PC'ers would automatically KNOW WHICH ONE!!!!!!!!
Seriously... I bought 4 chuck roasts at the same time. I cooked two one night in the DCB's (big family... 2 DCB's) About 10 days later, because of my schedule I thought I'd put them in the crock pot instead. You should have heard the questions about what I had done different and "don't buy meat where you got tonight's again ok?" and why doesn't it taste like last weeks. I had done NOTHING different seasoning wise AT ALL! And it was done to the same level of "doneness" both nights but the flavor and everything was far better in the DCB... I LOVE THAT THING! Sold 15 in March and can't wait to show it at every show!

I know some people are calling it the magic pot but I call it my blessings pot because it makes meals easier and tastier and God makes my commission checks bigger with it!!!!

quiverfull7 said:

Can you give us your recipe? Do you do it in the oven or microwave?

wadesgirl said:
Can you give us your recipe? Do you do it in the oven or microwave?

That is what I was wondering too. Microwave or oven for the roast.

quiverfull7 said:

My guess is that she cooked it in the oven!;)

I always shear my roasts on the stove in our SS flying pan and get a real nice color to the roast. Then I put into the DCB and microwave for about 45 minutes. HTH

Talk about being behind at CS! The beef roast I mentioned was indeed done in the oven. I am going to try rennea's suggestion above and give it another try in the microwave because in the summer I try not to have my oven on if I can avoid it. When I do the beef chuck roast in the oven all I do is mix a packet of onion gravy mix and a packet of mushroom gravy mix together with 1 1/3 cups of water and pour over the meat. Some days I also smother it in onions. Then I just pop it in the oven for about 2 hours. You need to know that I don't pay good attention to the time, my family loves it falling apart into chunks, not sliced so the longer the better for them. Hmmm... sounds like Sunday dinner may be planned!

I like the idea of searing the meat on the stove (of course in a Stainless Steel pan). Not only does it give good color, it gives good flavor. However, if you are counting on searing leaving the meat juicier, it won't. Searing does not seal in the juices into meat (popular myth).

1. How long should I cook a beef roast in the DCB microwave?

The cooking time for a beef roast in the DCB microwave will vary depending on the size and cut of the roast. As a general rule, you should cook a 3-4 pound roast for 20-25 minutes on high power. For larger roasts, add an additional 5 minutes of cooking time per pound.

2. Do I need to add any liquid when cooking a beef roast in the DCB microwave?

No, you do not need to add any liquid when cooking a beef roast in the DCB microwave. The roast will release its own juices as it cooks, creating a flavorful and tender result.

3. Can I use the DCB microwave lid when cooking a beef roast?

Yes, the DCB microwave lid should be used when cooking a beef roast in order to trap in moisture and heat. This will help to cook the roast evenly and prevent it from drying out.

4. How do I know when my beef roast is done cooking in the DCB microwave?

The best way to determine if your beef roast is done cooking is by using a meat thermometer. The internal temperature of the roast should reach at least 145°F for medium-rare, 160°F for medium, or 170°F for well-done. If you do not have a meat thermometer, you can also check for doneness by making a small cut in the center of the roast. The meat should be slightly pink and the juices should run clear.

5. Can I cook vegetables with the beef roast in the DCB microwave?

Yes, you can cook vegetables with the beef roast in the DCB microwave. Simply place the vegetables in the bottom of the DCB, add the roast on top, and cook as directed. The vegetables will be infused with the flavors of the roast and make a delicious side dish.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• tpc.patty
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Teresa Lynn
Replies
Views
quiverfull7
  • sassypip
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies