• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Leftover Roast Chicken: 3 Delicious Ways to Use the Drippings!

In summary, this person suggests a few different ways to make roast chicken with vegetables. One way is to spike it, spritz it and spice it, while another way is to pre-cook the bird before adding the spices. The final way is to remove the fat before refrigerating or using a skipper.
legacypc46
Gold Member
Does anyone have a recipe for roast chicken w/vegetables in the fluted pan. (I have the lemon chicken one, but am looking for one that is more "man-friendly" :))

thanks in advance
leggy

Here ya go!

•Spike it, Spritz it & Spice it Chicken
Take a 3-4lb whole roasting chicken and rinse with water, especially the cavity. Then SPIKE the chicken cavity on the center post of the Stone Fluted Pan, leg side down. (just like you would do for a vertical roaster). Lightly SPRITZ with olive oil or vegetable oil using the Kitchen Spritzer. SPICE it with pressed garlic and any of your favorite spice mixes (Pampered Chef’s Cajun, Southwest, Italian, or Rosemary Herb Seasoning). You can add vegetables in the bottom of the pan, if you wish. Place in a 350 degree F oven for 75-90 minutes depending on the size of the chicken. A nice touch is to separate skin slightly from chicken before cooking and stuff with an herbed butter or just add a few garlic cloves and thin onion slices under skin for a wonderful aromatic flavoring....
• quick tip: Take all the juice and fat from the bottom of the pan. Pour it into a container and refrigerate. Also save and refrigerate the chicken carcass. The next day, skim and discard the fat and pour the chicken drippings into a soup pot. Add water and the carcass and boil. Strain. Add the leftover meat, carrots and noodles for some wonderful chicken noodle soup.
•Another version:
Take on fresh, cleaned out hen--Place over spike in the stoneware fluted pan, Rub with the following spices:
3T salt
3T pepper
3T paprika
3T garlic
Bake, uncovered, about 1 1/2 to 2 hours at 350 degrees.

Wow, does that work? Have you had it? That's cool!

Man, Alison... I thought the "Spike It" was alcohol... you had me excited... darn you!

thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That sounds like a great recipe!

Make sure when you are making the chicken stock that you don't allow it to BOIL...only to simmer very low. If you simmer, you will have clear nice looking stock...if you boil, you will have cloudy nasty looking stock! But, yes, that is the BEST soup you will make! It also helps you to get ALL of the remaining meat off of the bone- it will fall right off during this process!

Before the DCB - this is how I always roasted chicken! I sold alot of the fluted pans to people who wanted a pan, but were looking for more uses for it than just cakes to justify the cost. I would tell them about the Roast Chicken and that would seal the deal!:thumbup:

GourmetGirl said:
• quick tip: Take all the juice and fat from the bottom of the pan. Pour it into a container and refrigerate. Also save and refrigerate the chicken carcass. The next day, skim and discard the fat and pour the chicken drippings into a soup pot. Add water and the carcass and boil. Strain. Add the leftover meat, carrots and noodles for some wonderful chicken noodle soup.
Or let it sit to allow the fat to rise and use our new skipper to remove the fat before refrigerating.

Or put it in the new gravy separator and pour off the fat, then refrigerate the stock.

1. How do I prepare the chicken before cooking it in the fluted pan?

To prepare the chicken, first rinse it with cold water and pat it dry with paper towels. Then, season it with your desired herbs and spices. You can also stuff the cavity with lemon wedges, garlic cloves, and herbs for added flavor.

2. Do I need to grease the fluted pan before cooking the chicken?

No, the fluted pan is made with a non-stick coating so you do not need to grease it before cooking the chicken. However, you can lightly spray the pan with cooking spray if desired.

3. How long does it take to cook a chicken in the fluted pan?

The cooking time will vary depending on the size of the chicken. A general rule of thumb is to cook the chicken for 20 minutes per pound at 375°F. You can also use a meat thermometer to check for doneness, the internal temperature should reach 165°F.

4. Can I use the fluted pan to cook other meats?

Yes, the fluted pan is versatile and can be used to cook other meats such as pork, beef, and turkey. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.

5. How do I clean the fluted pan after cooking the chicken?

Allow the pan to cool before washing it with warm soapy water. You can also use a nylon scrub brush to remove any stuck-on food. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or metal utensils on the pan to prevent damage to the non-stick coating.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cactus_flower
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • rebeccastt
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
gilliandanielle
Replies