• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ridged Baker Recipes, Tips, Uses

In summary, people are asking for recipes, ideas, and tips for preparing the ridged baker. People are also sharing their own recipes.
pmprdprettyinsnj
Silver Member
Someone on one of the other threads has asked if we could list some recipes, ideas and tips for the ridged baker. So I wanted to start this thread for just that.
If you have a recipe, idea or tip. Whether it's pc or other please list them here and we will create a new booklet for the ridged baker.
If you already have a booklet please post that for all to share....thanks everyone:chef::chef:

Here's all I can recall right off the bat:Mile High Apple Pie
Turkey Tapenade Meatballs
Bacon (about 5 minutes in the microwave)

The Pampered Chef ®
Mile-High Apple Pies

Ingredients
1 lemon
½ cup (125 mL) sugar
1 tsp (5 mL) Cinnamon Plus® Spice Blend or pumpkin pie spice
½ pkg (14.1 oz/399 g) refrigerated pie crusts (1 crust), softened according to package directions
3 medium Granny Smith apples, peeled
1 cup (250 mL) thawed frozen whipped topping
¼ cup (50 mL) Caramel Sauce or Butterscotch Rum Sauce

Directions
Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Line Cookie Sheet with Parchment Paper; set aside. Zest lemon using Microplane® Adjustable Fine Grater to measure 1 tsp (5 mL). Combine zest, sugar and spice blend in large Bamboo Fiber Mixing Bowl; mix well. Unroll one pie crust onto lightly floured Pastry Mat; roll to a 12-in. (30-cm) circle using Baker's Roller®. Spacing closely together, cut 12 disks from crust using (3-in./7.5-cm) Biscuit Cutter. Transfer disks to Cookie Sheet; lightly prick with pastry tool and sprinkle evenly with about 2 tsp (10 mL) of the sugar mixture. Bake 6–8 minutes or until disks are golden brown.

Meanwhile, cut apples into wedges using Apple Wedger. Add apples to remaining sugar mixture in mixing bowl; toss well to coat completely. Arrange apples in a single layer in Small Ridged Baker; cover with Parchment Paper. Microwave on HIGH 3–5 minutes or until apples are soft. Carefully drain apple liquid into Mini Easy Read Measuring Cup to measure 3 Tbs (45 mL). Place whipped topping in small Bamboo Fiber Mixing Bowl; fold in apple liquid.

Remove Cookie Sheet from oven to Stackable Cooling Rack. To assemble, transfer one disk to a serving plate. Arrange three apple wedges on disk in a single layer using Sauté Tongs. Top apples with 1 Tbs (15 mL) of the whipped topping mixture. Place second disk over filling; top with two apple wedges and 1 Tbs (15 mL) of the whipped topping mixture. Repeat with remaining disks, apple wedges and whipped topping mixture. Drizzle with sauce.

Yield: 6 servings

Nutrients per serving: (1 pie): Calories 300, Total Fat 12 g, Saturated Fat 7 g, Cholesterol 5 mg, Sodium 190 mg, Carbohydrate 51 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 2 g

Cook's Tip: This recipe can be prepared on the Stoneware Cookie Sheet, if desired.

© 2009 The Pampered Chef used under license.

The Pampered Chef ®
Tapenade-Turkey Meatballs

Ingredients
1 slice soft white sandwich bread
1 cup (250 mL) tapenade, any flavor (see Cook’s Tip), divided
1 egg
¼ tsp (1 mL) salt
1 lb (450 g) 93% lean ground turkey

Directions
Tear bread; place in Manual Food Processor. Cover and pump handle until finely chopped. Combine bread crumbs, 1/2 cup (125 mL) of the tapenade, egg and salt in medium Bamboo Fiber Mixing Bowl; mix well using Mix ‘N Scraper®. Add turkey; mix well.

Using slightly mounded Medium Scoop, scoop 20 meatballs directly into Small Ridged Baker in four rows of five each. Cover with Parchment Paper and microwave on HIGH 7–9 minutes or until internal temperature of meatballs reaches 160°F (71°C).

Place remaining ½ cup (125 mL) tapenade in large Bamboo Fiber Mixing Bowl; transfer meatballs to bowl using Chef's Tongs and toss gently to coat.

Yield: 10 servings

Nutrients per serving: (2 appetizers, average of savory tapenades): Calories 110, Total Fat 7 g, Saturated Fat 1.5 g, Cholesterol 45 mg, Sodium 240 mg, Carbohydrate 3 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 10 g

Cook's Tip: If using Apple & Walnut Tapenade or Apricot & Fig Tapenade, place 1/3 cup (75 mL) apple jelly into (1-cup/250-mL) Prep Bowl; microwave on HIGH 45–60 seconds or until melted. Combine with remaining 1/2 cup (125 mL) tapenade in large Bamboo Fiber Mixing Bowl; toss with cooked meatballs as directed above for a pretty, glazed finish.

U.S. Nutrients per serving (2 appetizers, average of sweet tapenades): Calories 140, Total Fat 4.5 g, Saturated Fat 1 g, Cholesterol 45 mg, Sodium 115 mg, Carbohydrate 15 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 10 g

© 2009 The Pampered Chef used under license.

I would love to see more people post ideas! How long do you cook chicken breasts or meatloaf?

I've been using it for Jalapeno Bacon Poppers. I don't have an actual recipe, but here's what I do: Halve and seed jalapenos, fill with cream cheese, wrap with a half slice of raw bacon and secure with a toothpick. Bake at 375 for about 25-30 mins or until bacon is cooked. So yummy!

2 boneless chicken breasts, covered with parchment paper for 5-6 minutes. Let sit for a couple of minutes.

I made a meatloaf in mine last weekend and it was wonderful!I, of course, make lots of bacon and mile high apple pies!

LOVE it for making squash in the microwave. I fill the ridges with water and put the squash halves on top. The squash doesn't dry out or get water logged.

I LOVE the way the apples come out, and of course how fast my bacon cooks. Since bacon is super greasy, I have a hard time getting all the grease out without soap. I use an old toothbrush, baking soda and vinegar and it gets it so clean, it almost looks brand new. =D

ChefZee said:
I LOVE the way the apples come out, and of course how fast my bacon cooks. Since bacon is super greasy, I have a hard time getting all the grease out without soap. I use an old toothbrush, baking soda and vinegar and it gets it so clean, it almost looks brand new. =D

I drain all of the grease and then fill the dish with water and let it soak while we eat. Then I just take the faucet sprayer and clean it. Rarely does it require me to do any scrubbing.

ChefZee said:

From the Use and Care Guide
•For deep cleaning: Fill baker with water up to the top of the ridges. Microwave on HIGH for 3-4 minutes. Remove baker with oven mitts and carefully pour out water. Use a kitchen brush to remove remaining residues. Rinse with warm water.

Just put this together for the Small Ridged Baker using tips and recipes from this thread. Let me know if it needs any corrections!

Attachments

• PC Recipes and Tips for the Small Ridged Baker.doc
    26.5 KB · Views: 1,143
I already redid the attachment as I found some more to add to it on another thread, but I don't know how to replace the first one so here it is again with more.

Attachments

• PC Recipes and Tips for the Small Ridged Baker.doc
    30.5 KB · Views: 1,881
I just did Talapia in the microwave tonight. It was really good. I placed the thawed Talapia in the SRB, sprinkled the Citrus Basil seasoning, covered with parchment, and microwaved for 2.5 minutes. I topped mine with store bought mango salsa, but it was great without it too. Super yummy and very low cal!!

What are ridged baker recipes?

Ridged baker recipes are dishes that are specifically designed to be cooked or baked in a ridged baker. A ridged baker is a type of baking dish that has ridges or grooves on the bottom, which helps to promote even cooking and prevent food from sticking.

What are some tips for using a ridged baker?

When using a ridged baker, it is important to preheat the dish before adding any ingredients. This helps to ensure that the food cooks evenly and prevents sticking. It is also recommended to lightly oil the ridges before adding the food to prevent sticking. Additionally, avoid using metal utensils on the ridges as they can scratch the surface.

What types of food can be cooked in a ridged baker?

Many types of food can be cooked in a ridged baker, including meats, vegetables, and even desserts. Some popular dishes include roasted vegetables, grilled meats, and even fruit crisps. The ridged surface helps to create those classic grill marks on food, making it a great tool for indoor grilling.

Can a ridged baker be used in the oven?

Yes, a ridged baker can be used in the oven. It is important to check the manufacturer's instructions to determine the maximum temperature the ridged baker can withstand. It is also recommended to use oven mitts when handling a hot ridged baker, as the ridges can become very hot during cooking.

How do I clean a ridged baker?

Ridged bakers are generally dishwasher safe, but it is recommended to hand wash them to preserve the non-stick coating. Use warm soapy water and a non-abrasive sponge or cloth to clean the ridged baker. Avoid using metal scrubbers or harsh cleaners, as they can damage the surface of the dish.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• allergycooker
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
janice moore
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • babywings76
  • Products and Tips
2 3