1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Ricecooker Cake

1. BettieC

BettieC Member Gold Member

Ok, I made this the other day for home. I followed the recipe cooked it for 10 minutes, and I didn't get the lava effect.

Although yummy, it seemed the frosting cooked right into the cake....lol

Jun 28, 2009
  2. Grandmarita

Grandmarita Advanced Member Gold Member

Was the center a wet mess? Back when this recipe was first being used (Fall 2005 or 2006), we experimented with putting scoops of the chocolate frosting in the wet batter.
    We finally decided that once the cake was "baked" in the microwave, it was better to
    put the three to four scoops of frosting on the warm cake and let it oooze over the sides
    and maybe puddle on the platter, or scoop it back up and make the top frosting thicker with the side frosting just createing nice fingers down the side.

Be sure to check the progress of the "baking" after about 8 minutes, and then if it has
    pulled away from the sides, check the center. Increase the "baking" time by one minute at a time until it is done. Let is set in the microwave for 5 minutes before turning out on the platter you will serve it on. THEN, decorate with your frosting as suggested above.

Jun 28, 2009
  3. BettieC

BettieC Member Gold Member

When I flipped it over the top was wet like, but not uncooked cake.

I think next time I will start checking after 8 mins or so....thnx

Jun 28, 2009
  4. DessertDivaFL

DessertDivaFL Veteran Member Gold Member

I wouldn't go more than the 8 minutes unless the micro has low wattage. Also, I have found that a little more than 1/2 can frosting may help.

I am thinking of experimenting with putting the frosting in first and then topping with cake mixture to ensure frosting is on top. Would that be a disaster?

Jun 28, 2009
  5. PamperedchefDaly

PamperedchefDaly Member Gold Member

The problem with that is you won't be able to mix the cake in the RCP if the frosting is already in there. When I demo the molten lava cake I make a point to show that the whole thing is mixed in the same bowl as it's cooked in. People are very impressed with that. Then I use our medium scoop to put 5 scoops of frosting (1 in the middle surrounded by 4 scoops) into the batter. I always check after 8 minutes. And I also use the pocket thermometer--it should read 160 degrees--to make sure it's done, which also demo's another product.

6. KimoMakano

KimoMakano Member Gold Member

I don't think you want the frosting in direct oncontact with the cooker. The first time I did this I dolloped the frosting around the top (not knowing it should be in the middle). Some of the frosting was touching the side of the cooker and I guess due to high sugar content of the frosting it burnt in the micro. The smell was horrible!!

Jun 28, 2009
  7. DessertDivaFL

DessertDivaFL Veteran Member Gold Member

Yes, makes sense to me. I think the only way my theory will work is if I did this with the fluted pan.

Jun 29, 2009
  8. byrd1956

byrd1956 Senior Member Gold Member

I do mine this way, too. I have even put the whole container of icing right in the middle. Always works our great with lots of delish. 'chocolate lava' :love:

Jun 29, 2009
Have something to add?