• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Sauteed Rice Krispie Treats: Quick & Easy Recipe

Amy Schram, Director, WI 2006I was really excited about some of the features such as the non-stick on the outside of the pans; and while at Leadership in Atlanta, one of my up-line directors gave me the idea to make mini rice krispie treats in the pans at my shows. This one tip was worth the entire trip to Atlanta. Between January 15th & May 31st when I added a 10 minute cookware demo to my shows, I sold almost $8000 worth of cookware (I do 6-7 shows a month).
Flamingo
Gold Member
Anybody know how to make rice krispie treats in the saute pan?? Please post receipe... Thanks...

1/2 stick of butter
1 Cup rice krispies
1 Cup mini marshmellows

melt butter...add marshmellows...add rice krispies
when everything is all melted & gooey
remove from heat
turn over onto a SA plate & wipe pan clean with a paper towel
wait for all the ooooooooooohs & awwwwwwwwwwwwwws
then BOW!!!

Thanks......

Thanks for asking about this one. Someone told me about it at conference but I didn't get the recipe. Thanks for sharing!!

JamieLois said:
Thanks for asking about this one. Someone told me about it at conference but I didn't get the recipe. Thanks for sharing!!

We are going to make these at our meeting tomorrow....

can this be done in the 12" family skillet...with larger proportions of ingredients, of course?

Does someone know how to alter this for using the large marshmallows?

I saw on another thread that you can use 6 large marshmellos. Are you guys doing this in executive or stainless?

I saw on another thread that you can use 6 large marshmellos. Do you guys use the executive or stainless saute?

It's in the executive skillet. Okay, so you saw it was 6 large marshmallows? Was that for the 8 in saute pan?

ChefPaulaB said:
1/2 stick of butter
1 Cup rice krispies
1 Cup mini marshmellows

melt butter...add marshmellows...add rice krispies
when everything is all melted & gooey
remove from heat
turn over onto a SA plate & wipe pan clean with a paper towel
wait for all the ooooooooooohs & awwwwwwwwwwwwwws
then BOW!!!

I tried this recipe and it turned out greasy and very, very unappetizing. Even my DH, who *loves* rice krispie treats, wouldn't eat it. Way, way too much butter! :yuck: I dumped it out and tried again. I turned out much better and tastes great too. The only problem now is trying not to eat it all... :blushing:

I used 1 1/2 tbsp of butter (might decrease to 1 tbsp and see how that works), 1 c. mini marshmallows, and 1 c. rice krispies. Yum!!

ChefJoyJ said:
I tried this recipe and it turned out greasy and very, very unappetizing. Even my DH, who *loves* rice krispie treats, wouldn't eat it. Way, way too much butter! :yuck: I dumped it out and tried again. I turned out much better and tastes great too. The only problem now is trying not to eat it all... :blushing:

I used 1 1/2 tbsp of butter (might decrease to 1 tbsp and see how that works), 1 c. mini marshmallows, and 1 c. rice krispies. Yum!!

I'll be honest with you, I've never done this, when she asked the question on this thread I found the info on another thread for her and copied and pasted, just trying to help... Just before I read your post I read an email from another site that is very interesting, I thought that I'd share it with everyone, remember, this is not me, this is something someone forwarded to me (and several other people)...

Selling Cookware to Get Bookings

Amy Schram, Director, WI 2006

I never thought I would write an article on Selling Cookware – until the Executive Cookware line came out I just couldn’t get people excited about our cookware. I would talk about it here and there and do demos with the cookware, but it was rare that anyone was interested; and if they really wanted it they would have a show and get it at ½ price. That happened about 4 times a year.

However, that all changed when the Executive Cookware was announced. I was really excited about some of the features such as the non-stick on the outside of the pans; and while at Leadership in Atlanta, one of my up-line directors gave me the idea to make mini rice krispie treats in the pans at my shows. I had been looking for a way to increase my cookware sales and that was it. That one tip was worth the entire trip to Atlanta.

Between January 15th & May 31st when I added a 10 minute cookware demo to my shows, I sold almost $8000 worth of cookware (I do 6-7 shows a month).

(Yes, a lot of it was at ½ price and we did have that great February Host Special with the cookware on special, but I don’t think that in the previous 7 years I even sold $8000 worth of cookware total. Yet I managed to do it in 4 months this time to earn almost every piece of Executive Cookware in the Pan O Rama Incentive. Over $1800 of this was sold at FULL PRICE!! (hmmm, 30% of $1800 is $540 in commission – Yeah!) The rest was from the 60% off special in February or hosts who chose it for ½ price or discount.

In fact 7 shows in March, April and May only booked because they fell in love with the cookware during my demo. Those 7 shows generated $6200 in commissionable sales and 24 bookings. Some of those additional shows have already held and generated more sales and more bookings (many who want the cookware). I would say that the 7-10 minutes I spend at my shows on this is well worth it.)

Let me tell you how I started. I received the 1 ½ qt Sauce Pan at Leadership but you can buy one on the supply order for $45 (if you hesitate at the cost, please look at my cookware stats again and think about how much $ I have made doing this). I also received an 8” Sauté Pan in my new Spring Products Package. I bring both of these to my shows .

At home I have a pile of snack sized Ziploc baggies filled with rice krispie cereal (almost any cereal will work) and mini marshmallows. I bring one of each to every show.

Here is my “Script.” When I arrive at my shows I put the Sauce Pan on the stove and ask for a teaspoon of butter/margarine from the host (I pre buy all the rest of my groceries). I put it in the Sauce Pan with a Small Mix N Scraper. I set the Sauté Pan, a Simple Additions Small Square, the baggie of rice krispies, the baggie of marshmallows, and a paper towel from the host next to the stove. I tell the host that at some point we will all get up and go into the kitchen for the cookware demo and at that point I will need her to give me 2 large ice cubes.

I start my show, and at some point I have everyone gather around the stove. I have them watch me put the ice cubes in the Sauté Pan and tell them I will explain those in a few minutes. I also turn on the burner and add the marshmallows to the Sauce Pan. (it doesn’t take long to melt so stir frequently)

I pick up the Sauté Pan with the ice cube and start to talk about the Executive line. My favorite feature is that they put non stick coating on the OUTSIDE of the pan so when you are pouring and it drips down the side you will never have problems cleaning up again.

I also love that we have a lifetime warranty – if anything goes wrong with your cookware PC will replace it. How many of you have bought more than one of the same type of pan in your lifetime? Wouldn’t it have been better to just have it replaced for free? When I was first married someone gave me a cheap fry pan for our wedding and every 6 months the nonstick coating would come off and I'd go get another one. $25, every 6 months for 5 years = $250 for a lousy fry pan. If I would have just bought a good one to start, it would have been much cheaper. Who can relate to that?

I also love how comfortable the handles are – they are covered with silicone to make them more comfortable and cooler. The handles are also riveted to the pan so they won’t come off. Our new cookware is oven save to 400 degrees F – lids too! How many of you have ever cooked with glass lids? Once you do you will never go back. Every time you lift a lid to check food, nutrients and heat escape. So you are making the food less healthy and making it take longer to cook by having lids that you can’t see through.

The pans are also reinforced with a titanium alloy. Now some of you might think that is overkill, but we do it for 2 reasons. First we want to help keep your pans from going out of round (then your lids don’t fit!) and second it allows us to make this cookware a thinner gauge. What that means is that the walls of the cookware are thinner than most other cookware and it will allow the cookware to heat faster.

Then I show them that the ice cube in the Sauté Pan is melted and the one on the Square is still big. I dump out the water I then pass around the Sauté Pan and tell them to hold the handle to see how comfortable the grip is and to feel the bottom & sides of the pan – the entire thing will be ice cold. I don’t know the correct terms, but at my shows I call it temperature transference. Whatever temperature (cold or hot) you are trying to make the pan, it makes the whole pan that temperature. So when it’s on the stove, the entire pan will be hot instead of just the part near the heat source which makes for even cooking.

Now the marshmallows will be soft & I add the cereal and walk around with it while I’m stirring it so they can see how it doesn’t stick to the pan. I dump the ice cube on the square in the sink and put the treat on the Square. I then wipe the Sauce Pan out with the paper towel and walk around for everyone to see. They oooh and ahhh.

My past hosts are telling my future hosts about how much they love the cookware and I see the excitement building with groups of customers. The trick to this is doing it at EVERY show. I had several shows where I didn’t sell any cookware and no one was interested in booking for it. But since you don’t know which shows will, and which won’t, do it at every show. I saw the difference within 6 shows. My show average increased and my bookings are up.

Don’t think you have to memorize everything I wrote. When I first started doing this demo I just looked at each part of the pan and talked about it – there is nothing to memorize – just talk about what you are holding in your hand, let them see how it cleans up and you will increase your bookings!!!

ChefJoyJ said:

We tried this recipe at our cluster meeting last night and only used 1 tsp. It was delicious. We also sprinkled the cinnamon sprinkles on it for a little extra flavor. Yum!!

If you read what Paula posted above from that lady's article, she said:
Here is my “Script.” When I arrive at my shows I put the Sauce Pan on the stove and ask for a teaspoon of butter/margarine from the host...
She never mentions using any additional butter...so DEFINITELY not 1/2 a stick. :D But I am going to pass this article around, AND start using this at my shows!!!! Ordering a saute pan now! I was on the fence, but I can DO that demo...not too complicated. Thanks for sharing.

Yes, the 1/2 stick is WAY too much. Made the cereal soggy, and almost soupy. My son still ate it. Then I made another batch with a tsp butter and was almost perfect. The marshmallows got all nice and gooey. Might need to use just a tad more butter as the pan was pretty sticky. Had to wet the paper towel it and scrub a bit to clean it, so if we used the tad more butter the marshmallows would be coated more and not make the pan too sticky. Trying this at my show tomorrow along with my DCB recipe!!! LOTS OF AUGUST BOOOKINGS!!!

How many treats do you get from this recipe?

Good luck! Let us know how it goes! :)

JackieBozeman said:
We tried this recipe at our cluster meeting last night and only used 1 tsp. It was delicious. We also sprinkled the cinnamon sprinkles on it for a little extra flavor. Yum!!

Did you use only 1tsp or 1TBSP? The above post states that she would take it possibly down to 1TBSP instead of 1 1/2TBSP....1tsp seems like such a very small amt. Just want to clarify. TIA

I used 1 tsp and like I said it was almost perfect. Maybe just a tad more.

I sent this information to my Director, and she just emailed me that she did this demo at her last two shows this past week. She said "No cookware sales at one, but sold a 5 Piece Executive set at FULL PRICE at the other!!!"

My sister and BIL came over the other day and I told them I was trying out something some fellow consultants were recommending. So I made a large batch in the 12 in skillet. Wouldn't you know that 2 days later I hear from her asking me about the August cookware special! :)

1. How long does it take to make Sauteed Rice Krispie Treats?

The entire process of making Sauteed Rice Krispie Treats takes about 15 minutes from start to finish.

2. Can I use any type of cereal for this recipe?

While Rice Krispies are the traditional cereal used for this recipe, you can substitute it with any type of cereal you prefer. Just be sure to adjust the amount of butter and marshmallows accordingly.

3. Can I make Sauteed Rice Krispie Treats ahead of time?

Yes, you can make Sauteed Rice Krispie Treats ahead of time and store them in an airtight container for up to 3 days. However, they are best served fresh.

4. Can I add other ingredients to the recipe?

Yes, you can add in other ingredients such as chocolate chips, nuts, or dried fruits to customize your Sauteed Rice Krispie Treats. Just be sure to mix them in before adding in the melted marshmallows.

5. Can I use a different pan for cooking the treats?

Yes, you can use any non-stick pan for cooking the treats. Just be sure to adjust the heat accordingly to avoid burning the mixture.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Teresa Lynn
  • Kjurich
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Brenda.the.chef